Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Koyo Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great looking car!

Old 05-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Jining
so did you have to modify the top mounts on the radiator?
Read what I posted, it explains what we did.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 05-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Anyone on the o-rings for the Nismo T-stat. I just installed mine as well and wondered WTF?. Rad looks good I just orderd a PWR one just to keep the filler neck and over flow hose on the same side(Sylvan knows he ****).

Old 05-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Anyone on the o-rings for the Nismo T-stat. I just installed mine as well and wondered WTF?. Rad looks good I just orderd a PWR one just to keep the filler neck and over flow hose on the same side(Sylvan knows he ****).
Thanks man, and +1 on the o-rings. They ended up in the trash anyway..can runs fine

Old 05-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Nice install. I'm guessing the O-ring from the thermostat is for the drain plug for the radiator,since you should replace it when draining your radiator.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Yeah, just got mine. The two O-rings are for replacing the ones on the Drain Plug for the OEM radiator and the one on the Heater Hose that is for the air relief.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by gabe3d
Yeah, just got mine. The two O-rings are for replacing the ones on the Drain Plug for the OEM radiator and the one on the Heater Hose that is for the air relief.
thanks... i doubt I'll use them but at least i know what there for.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V35 coupe single turbo
Originally Posted by Canadian
I've had this thing sitting in my garage for the last three weeks, and my friend Len (he's on driver, terrasmak) was kind enough and able this weekend to install it for me. I did a little bit of help, but it was mostly all him. Thanks a **** load man!!! I was going to take pictures of the whole process but forgot my camera and didn't really have time. So I'll just explain what we did...

Anyway, we started with removing most of the charge pipes, then removing hoses, then fan and installed the Nismo thermostat (btw does anyone know why it comes with two small o-rings? They were never used). After the thermostat we realized I might need some tranny fluid for my tranny cooler after we remove it, as it was mounted to my stock radiator. I ran out with my friend to go grab some, and by the time we got back Len had the Koyo in and was trying to make it fit.

To make it fit we had to cut down the core support on the bottom by a good 3/4 of an inch, maybe more. After cutting and test fitting a few times, we couldn't really figure out a way to get it mounted it without removing the A/C condenser. I had PM'd ttrank a while back about his radiator and we did basically what he did. We went to Lowes and bought some longer bolts to bolt into the holes that are used to keep the A/C condenser on. Couldn't believe it was that simple, but it worked!!

We had to them trim the fans a good amount to make room for the JWT charge pipe that goes across the engine. You can see how much we trimmed it in the pictures. Once that was test fitted, and trimmed. We left it in there, and then remounted my tranny cooler. We then spent the next little while installing the rest of the charge pipes (had one come off the passenger side turbo, but it wasn't that hard to put back in).

After the charge pipes and intake filter were on, we went ahead and just finished everything up. Made sure all the hoses were on tight, and then started to fill the radiator. Started the car, went for a drive and everything seems great. On the way home (30 mile drive) on the freeway my temps didn't get above 170°! Usually they're at 190 with that long of a drive. Now I just need to go out sometime and REALLY test it.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I've been wanting to do this for a year now since my track day last November and finally got it in. I'm excited, what can I say..lol. By the way..the install not very easy. The explanation may have made it seem easy, but there is a reason it took about 6 hours. Len and I ran into a few problems, and before we figured out how to mount the radiator, he wanted to throw the stock one back in lol. Time for pics...

Thanks for reading
new to this so bare with me. Cant seem to be able to see the photos?

Old 02-25-2019, 07:52 AM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by Ryanridland
new to this so bare with me. Cant seem to be able to see the photos?
It's a very very old post. He linked the pics to a hosting service off site from G35Driver.com instead of embedding them here. The hosting service domain has gone belly-up, so the links no longer works.

It's the sad situation for a number of now less-than-helpful DIY threads.

Moral: use the G35 Driver-provided photo tools when including pics. That way they'll last until Driver goes belly up!