Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Roof Teaser?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by sammy_G
damn hotel, you're putting a lot of weight on the OP's shoulders by first saying it wasn't installed properly and then proclaiming how incredibly easy it is to install
Im saying its easy to not get all 4 sides true if you dont put enough epoxy down so you can get the overlay to have a little play time before it sets up.
OP what kind of epoxy did you use?

Old 11-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the rest of the pictures from D's teaser/install. I'm sure more/better pictures will be available after Thanksgiving weekend.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Compare the price as well. Like a wise man once said, if you dont like it then shut the **** up and don't buy it.
That's the kind of attitude we like to see from a vendor.

Originally Posted by alic4nte
aren't overlays supposed to cover the desired surface area?
This isn't a cheaply priced vinyl overlay like BlueBat offers, this is an expensive piece that took forever to come out, so you'd think so.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:02 AM
I understand ppl have mix feelings about it so ill just let the pix speak for themselves. As for the adhesion, I just used double sided tap. Also, maybe I'm blind but I think the rear looks pretty lined up and not showing part of the roof's surfaces.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
^^^ looks pretty good to me

Old 11-27-2008, 02:57 AM
Looks real nice pharm

Old 11-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks very good. I'm thinking about doing this myself. I don't see much/any gap as is. Anyone who is that concerned about it should consider using epoxy instead of double sided tape.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
I understand ppl have mix feelings about it so ill just let the pix speak for themselves. As for the adhesion, I just used double sided tap. Also, maybe I'm blind but I think the rear looks pretty lined up and not showing part of the roof's surfaces.

Thanks Pham, that looks 100 times better, Looks like you may have straighted out the corners a bit. It's deffinetly a tedious process to line everything up, but patience is a virtue. PM sent about your other questions.

Jim

Old 11-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Is there any place that the air can get under? because if it does say bye bye to 600 bucks

Old 11-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ONEmike
Is there any place that the air can get under? because if it does say bye bye to 600 bucks
True that, how does that exactly work, are you supposed to rely on the epoxy to hold it

dang dont wanna be doing over a 100

Old 11-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by scarface_613
True that, how does that exactly work, are you supposed to rely on the epoxy to hold it

dang dont wanna be doing over a 100

This isn't something new. 350z owners have been running our roof caps soley on double sided tape for years without a single problem, including Formula D cars. If your really concerned about the roof flying off, then use an epoxy in conjunction with the double sided tape.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Compare the price as well. Like a wise man once said, if you dont like it then shut the **** up and don't buy it.
I have spoken with Mastergrade directly in regards to their relationship with showstoppers and warned them about the terrible customer service they give with their products. Jims attitude is by far one of the worst I have seen from a vendor and doesnt seem to care what he says to his customers (many other examples)... that is if he even chooses to respond in the first place. I regret buying my MG2 trunk through them because in my opinion, they do not deserve the business. Im bummed cause I wanted a roof cap as well. Some of the other employees are very nice but have a hard time giving you a straight answer. Have to love the mentality of many businesses these days

Old 11-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Deftronix
I have spoken with Mastergrade directly in regards to their relationship with showstoppers and warned them about the terrible customer service they give with their products. Jims attitude is by far one of the worst I have seen from a vendor and doesnt seem to care what he says to his customers (many other examples)... that is if he even chooses to respond in the first place. I regret buying my MG2 trunk through them because in my opinion, they do not deserve the business. Im bummed cause I wanted a roof cap as well. Some of the other employees are very nice but have a hard time giving you a straight answer. Have to love the mentality of many businesses these days
Did you get your trunk yet?

Old 11-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Did you get your trunk yet?
Ya, I finally received it yesterday.. The weave was exceptionally perfect except in one small place and of course it is in the one little strip I was going to leave unpainted! (I can see white fiberglass, very tiny btw) but I dont even want to give showstoppers a chance to deal with this, I will just live with it. Judging from how they deal with paying in full upfront customers this would just be another battle I dont feel like putting the energy into.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Banned
Glad to hear you got your trunk.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, im off to stuff myself.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 11-27-2008 at 01:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roof Teaser?