Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Can't believe he's alive.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by eurodre
wow i really hope these morons never drive again, i have no sympathy for them, only for the innocent involved
What are you 5?

These kids were in a closed airfield, obviously they went there with intentions of doing something you don't normally do on the streets. I'm sure they didn't drag their friend and buckled him into his seat. It was his choice to be there or not, knowing what they were really going to do.

Prior to the accident they were there with another forum member on a G37 who was teaching them how to drive stick, 2 minutes after he left, the kid who was in the "purple" G called him back and told him that he thinks he killed his brother.

I went to check out the cars in person yesterday, and it looks 10000x worse than in pictures, you guys woudln't believe how much smaller that crushed car looked compared to the car that only suffered suspension damage. The entire passenger side was caved into the center of the car by about 1 foot.

Heard the passenger is doing well.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
what exactly is your point? there are times when the passanger is innocent and times when he is not, but I don't get what your point is

Old 08-26-2009, 09:19 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
^its not like he was just driving home and happened to get hit though.

BTW, X-Vert, how exactly did the coupe get flattened? Did it roll?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
^its not like he was just driving home and happened to get hit though.

BTW, X-Vert, how exactly did the coupe get flattened? Did it roll?
Well... clearly, lol. Not sure how many times. I'll get more info when I see him again.

Originally Posted by eurodre
what exactly is your point? there are times when the passanger is innocent and times when he is not, but I don't get what your point is
The point is he's not innocent because he participated in their event knowing exactly what they were going to do and the consequences. If he didn't, now he does, you live you learn.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
lol ok thanks for your input

Old 08-26-2009, 10:01 PM
****defected****

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
anyone video tape it??

Old 08-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
^pretty positive the 'innocent' had a little influence in the dumb decisions. I know for a fact that my friends like to pressure me into haulin' *** (i dont ever because i cant afford tickets lol)

So its not like hes just some kid sitting their going "Dont go fast, im scared" Instead, more than likely like this "Quit being a *****. You gonna let your bro beat you?!!?!?!"
if you weren't there, don't assume.

Just from my own experience:

my friend once raced one of his "buddy" against my consent while I was in the car. We were going to the mall and he gave me a ride in his 400 AWHP Sti and hear his engine after he just got it worked on . Little did I know he was going to bump into his "buddy" at the stop light and go at it with him. He went 120 MPH within seconds on a 50 MPH street going at it with the guyin a 335 with me screaming in his ears to slow the fvck down. I was so angry I had someone else pick me up and I just went home. It made me scared sh1tless that is how fast he accerlerated and went. IF i would've died that day, which at the speed he was traveling, was highly probbale that I would've....it would've been his fault.

btw me and that friend barely talk now, I felt disrespected after that day.

Life is not always what it seems, sometimes weird and stupid shiet happen and before you know it, you're doing the looking back either thinking "wow I was lucky" or "wow I fvcked up". Don't always assume the worst in people, not everyone is the same.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
I've been pretty lucky with situations involving cars going way too fast. I've had HEATED arguments over reckless driving with my friends.

All you need is an equipment failure. I barely trust myself, how do you expect me to trust my car 100%. People can make mistakes while driving, no matter how "skilled" you may seem. Roads are not perfect and you are never on a closed course. Those are just a few of the factors you need to remember when driving dangerously.

Please don't speed! I agree with it takes an accident to really learn...

Old 08-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by X-Vert
What are you 5?

These kids were in a closed airfield, obviously they went there with intentions of doing something you don't normally do on the streets. I'm sure they didn't drag their friend and buckled him into his seat. It was his choice to be there or not, knowing what they were really going to do.

Prior to the accident they were there with another forum member on a G37 who was teaching them how to drive stick, 2 minutes after he left, the kid who was in the "purple" G called him back and told him that he thinks he killed his brother.

I went to check out the cars in person yesterday, and it looks 10000x worse than in pictures, you guys woudln't believe how much smaller that crushed car looked compared to the car that only suffered suspension damage. The entire passenger side was caved into the center of the car by about 1 foot.

Heard the passenger is doing well.
What is your point? These guys were d-bags and lucky for them darwin was asleep at the wheel when they pulled this stunt.

You know what sucks? The fact that this incident will probably close this airfield for good to people who used it as a legitimate hang out place. I was going to use it as my next photoshoot location. Pretty sure that isn't going to happen now.

I hope when they go crying back to their parents for new cars mommy and daddy have half a brain and will put junior into a used civic this time around.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 PM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by G SEDAN
if you weren't there, don't assume.

Just from my own experience:

my friend once raced one of his "buddy" against my consent while I was in the car. We were going to the mall and he gave me a ride in his 400 AWHP Sti and hear his engine after he just got it worked on . Little did I know he was going to bump into his "buddy" at the stop light and go at it with him. He went 120 MPH within seconds on a 50 MPH street going at it with the guyin a 335 with me screaming in his ears to slow the fvck down. I was so angry I had someone else pick me up and I just went home. It made me scared sh1tless that is how fast he accerlerated and went. IF i would've died that day, which at the speed he was traveling, was highly probbale that I would've....it would've been his fault.

btw me and that friend barely talk now, I felt disrespected after that day.

Life is not always what it seems, sometimes weird and stupid shiet happen and before you know it, you're doing the looking back either thinking "wow I was lucky" or "wow I fvcked up". Don't always assume the worst in people, not everyone is the same.
That is such a small portion though. Most teenage boys (atleast the ones i know) enjoy going fast. And when they are in a fast car, they wanna 'see what it can do'

And then things happen. just kinda how it works.

But i do see where you were coming, its just this situation seems like the friend would have gone in. Hell, they went to an airstrip. if he was that afraid of going fast, he would have gotten out at the gate. You know what i mean? lol and i have i been in your situation before. In my friends CRV while hes driving like a numbnutz.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
What is your point? These guys were d-bags and lucky for them darwin was asleep at the wheel when they pulled this stunt.
I already made my point in case you missed it. What you just said about them being d-bags isn't any different than half the replies in this thread...

You know what sucks? The fact that this incident will probably close this airfield for good to people who used it as a legitimate hang out place. I was going to use it as my next photoshoot location. Pretty sure that isn't going to happen now.
The airfield has been closed for close to 2 years now, they were on a road that goes between the aviator and the entrance, so that's not going to get closed down. Besides, it's a sh1tty spot for pictures anyway.

I hope when they go crying back to their parents for new cars mommy and daddy have half a brain and will put junior into a used civic this time around.
And that's the mistake that 80% of the parents make, they think that giving them a slow car will make them drive slower... it will only take them a longer amount of time get to the speed they want to be, and stop the car a lot slower, making it more dangerous.

They will still speed, especially after purchasing a eBay intake thinking their car is quicker, and then perhaps when they do get into an accident, they DIE. Appose to coming out of an accident like this with a few minor injuries.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by X-Vert
And that's the mistake that 80% of the parents make, they think that giving them a slow car will make them drive slower... it will only take them a longer amount of time get to the speed they want to be, and stop the car a lot slower, making it more dangerous.

They will still speed, especially after purchasing a eBay intake thinking their car is quicker, and then perhaps when they do get into an accident, they DIE. Appose to coming out of an accident like this with a few minor injuries.
I agree with you on that. just because you give a kid a civic does not mean he will not speed it will just take longer to get to high speeds also they dont handle well and the brakes suck.

G's are "fast enough" but they handle well and have great brakes

How is the passenger doing?

Old 08-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah I dont condone or support drag racing in the streets thats for idiots and stupid individuals..obviously this could have been avoided..2 stupid kids..they learned their lesson for life..taking someone else down with them..what a shame..stupid kids..and if you know these kids then call them out..they did something stupid that hurt someone innocent and it could have been even worse had it been in the streets..punk *** kids.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 AM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by Beebo
I agree with you on that. just because you give a kid a civic does not mean he will not speed it will just take longer to get to high speeds also they dont handle well and the brakes suck.

G's are "fast enough" but they handle well and have great brakes

How is the passenger doing?
+1, that was my moms reasoning. Then she sent me to a bunch of high speed driving classes

Old 08-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
After reading the majority of the thread – I have a few things I’d like to contribute.

1) As stated several times, young drivers (particularly male) will do stupid things in cars (as they will in life) – it’s unavoidable and part of the growing process… the level of stupidity obviously varies

2) In this case it seems these cars were not on typical public streets (kudos to the drivers for that much)… I’m not sure I know any car enthusiast that wouldn’t take advantage of open road with no traffic an no pedestrians… that doesn’t make it “right”, it just makes it very enticing and difficult to ignore

3) Most important (to me personally) – regardless of age, or location – Never, ever drive hard core aggressive (I mean beyond street spirited) with a passenger in the car (other than racing instructor on the track) – I refuse to ever do that and encourage everyone else to NEVER do it (for any reason)… the liability is one reason – but from a personal standpoint I refuse because I’ve been the passenger in a situation where the driver was reckless and the car rolled four times – I was thrown from the vehicle and really don’t know how I didn’t die. It took me months to trust sitting in a car as a passenger (I was even uncomfortable in the car when my Dad picked me up from the hospital two days after the accident).

Don’t drive reckless or even overly spirited with a passenger EVER – period.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can't believe he's alive.