Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Akebonos Painted By Auto Explosion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by MEXTEP
I didn't say to match..but to paint just the car that color.

Mike, maybe you pussied out because your too old.(I have a feeling we are not that far apart)
No, I knew you meant just the car… I wasn’t even considering the calipers when I was doing stuff to the car… at any age I think this color might be a little out there for a sedan – plus it’s a color that will be dated much sooner than the Porsche color I went with.
BTW, I’m 63… how old are you?

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
They are paint right? Any temp concerns about discoloring? Normally it wouldn't be a problem but I know you track occansionally
Thought long and hard about that one and discussed with several people… originally I was going to stay OEM finish – its very good quality and extremely durable… but I have debadged everything exterior and will eventually do the same interior – so this was more about getting rid of the Infiniti lettering than anything else…

Anyway, everyone I talked to that has painted calipers say they have held up well… I am concerned still about the high temps from tracking – but I do it so seldom I’m hoping they will be okay… if they blister, I’ll probably have them powder coated.
Originally Posted by G SEDAN
after his bodywork I doubt he will be tracking anymore!

mmmmmmm these calipers look like candy, trick or treat?
I plan to track... we'll see how it hold up.

Yes, the color does look candy... its a Mazda factory color believe it or not I got turned on by it when I saw a Mazda 3 driving down the freeway - I've never (or rarely) done a double take to look at a color, but this one had such cool hues it changed color as it moved... I was perplexed asking myself why in the world would someone custom paint a car like that... it was while my car was in the body shop so I decided to research and found that it is Celestial Blue Mica - a new Mazda color... its a great color imo. It was a PITA to find the color code though.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
No, I knew you meant just the car… I wasn’t even considering the calipers when I was doing stuff to the car… at any age I think this color might be a little out there for a sedan – plus it’s a color that will be dated much sooner than the Porsche color I went with.
BTW, I’m 63… how old are you?

Thought long and hard about that one and discussed with several people… originally I was going to stay OEM finish – its very good quality and extremely durable… but I have debadged everything exterior and will eventually do the same interior – so this was more about getting rid of the Infiniti lettering than anything else…

Anyway, everyone I talked to that has painted calipers say they have held up well… I am concerned still about the high temps from tracking – but I do it so seldom I’m hoping they will be okay… if they blister, I’ll probably have them powder coated.

I plan to track... we'll see how it hold up.

Yes, the color does look candy... its a Mazda factory color believe it or not I got turned on by it when I saw a Mazda 3 driving down the freeway - I've never (or rarely) done a double take to look at a color, but this one had such cool hues it changed color as it moved... I was perplexed asking myself why in the world would someone custom paint a car like that... it was while my car was in the body shop so I decided to research and found that it is Celestial Blue Mica - a new Mazda color... its a great color imo. It was a PITA to find the color code though.

I am 41 thought you were like 44. My Wife ask why I am still into cars even when she has met a couple of buddies that are really into the scene, much more than guys like Viet and are older than me.

I just tease saying that I could just hang out with the oder guys at Mcdonalds and play chess at 6am..everyday.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I am 41 thought you were like 44. My Wife ask why I am still into cars even when she has met a couple of buddies that are really into the scene, much more than guys like Viet and are older than me.

I just tease saying that I could just hang out with the oder guys at Mcdonalds and play chess at 6am..everyday.
I dont mind being my age... they let me greet people at Walmart Plus, I go down to the community center and get to hang with my friends and get a nice home cooked lunch... and since I only have a handful of hairs, my local barber hooks me up!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:49 PM
thought you were like 44.
Damn dude! I'm not THAT old

(well, will be pretty soon )

Old 09-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
both of you act like you're 12.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:56 PM
(flicks booger) NOT TRUE.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:59 PM
when you get my age senility, Alzheimer’s and mental regression sets in... so in a sense, I am twelve

Ooo booger *mmmmm*

Old 09-03-2009, 08:09 PM
better than being a bitter 24 year old man

Old 09-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looks really good. Did they remove all the seals and pistons when they did powdercoat?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
these were not powdercoated. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
looks sick.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it candy? Looks delicious!

VERY SEXY BRAKES!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
ok, i know this is OT but its gonna be weird at the meet, meeting everyone and thinking your young but your really old haha. i feel so young

Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
that color is sick!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
Another tasty by AE! (I almost had my car painted this color)
wow.... those are sexy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Akebonos Painted By Auto Explosion