Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Ugly G35's

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah i mean an r34 4 door, but alljapanesecars.com is down so I just google image searched

i think that one is real

Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
if the chasis are totally unrelated the bumper wouldn't bolt right up and line up with the headlights, there has to be some relation there.

sorta like these things compared to an r34 gt-r
What are you talking about?

The chassis are do not have a single thing in common. The bumper does not bolt up. The GT-R bumper for the G35 is just a fiberglass replica someone made to fit the G35, it is not actually off of a GT-R.

A GT-R is 75 inches wide, a G35 is only 67 inches wide.

Plus an authentic GT-R bumper OEM bumper MSRP is 4800 dollars, while a G35 GT-R bumper is about 300 dollars.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Ok, but comparing those is also different. They are like comparing the G sedan and G coupe. The body parts won't bolt up ( aside from headlights and few other odd parts) But the drivetrain, engine, suspension etc are all exactly the same.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
He's just trying to compare apples to every other fruit other than other apples lol (even some vegetables)

Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 PM
well that explains a lot...i was figured the oem GT-R bumper was way too expensive to be slapping on all these cars

I was just curious, i guess I just assumed they were oem bumpers

but yeah none of the dimensions are shared between the coupe and the gt-r

back to the murano, it has a vq, but its facing a different direction with a different tranny and mounting points, the ex/fx on the other hand are pretty closely related to the z/g also being on the FM platform

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 06-21-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
The Murano still has the VQ motor in it.

I really hope you were not serious about that second question. I hope you know it is not a real GT-R bumper. It is just a cheap fiberglass replica made to look like a GT-R. You can buy the same thing for 20 other cars, including the 350Z, Altima, Maxima.. even a Civic.
Yes but only the G/Skyline share a DIRECT line in the family tree to the GTR, I will say that if you were talking related, then the R34 and down are Brothers to the Skyline/G, the R35 is like a half brother, like they share moms, but different dads. So they are related big time. Jes man. This guy is worse than my wife, she thinks she is always right also, even after being PROVEN wrong, they are still right, this guy must have a extra y chromosome, were you a hermaphrodite when you born and your mommy decided to make you a boy? I think you have to much estrogen or something, it is ok to admit being wrong and defeat. Losing is just part of life. But since you have been on here longer and have more "friends" (a bigger click) on here then you will continue to think you are right and try and talk down about me, or to me, but that is ok. B/C WE all know the real truth.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by G3LU5
Ok so you truly just show that you are the dumbest person on here. So you think you know everything? The GTR VR38DETT has the whole bottom end in common with the VQ35HR, hell it is practically the VQ35HR just bored out and some different components like, cams, pistons, springs, and a few other things. It has A WHOLE HELLUVA LOT in common. You are just an idiot that thinks he knows everything. Sorry dude for just putting it out there like that but the truth hurts. You need to read a little and yes I have read lots more than Wiki, I just copied and pasted so I didnt have to type so much.....so I could get back to reading the specs and torque settings on some of the engine components of the GTR, in the Manufacturer spec book. DumbA$$
Wow, Wikipedia really has boosted your confidence level hasn't it boy? PS, Wikipedia is written by whoever wants to post their own incorrect crap, I guess by people like you.

Maybe a picture will help it sink in. Here is a comparison of a VR38 and a VQ35 block. Now try to tell me they are the same.

As you can see the only thing they have in common is that they are both V6 and made by Nissan, that is it. The GT-R does not have a bored out G35 motor and you are a complete idiot for even thinking something like that. They do not share a single componet anywhere at all between the two cars, not even the name. Like I said, Nissan dropped the SKYLINE name off the GT-R. Plus the VR38 has iron plasma coated cylinders and a closed deck design.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 06-22-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Wow, Wikipedia really has boosted your confidence level hasn't it boy? PS, Wikipedia is written by whoever wants to post their own incorrect crap, I guess by people like you.

Maybe a picture will help it sink in. Here is a comparison of a VR38 and a VQ35 block. Now try to tell me they are the same.

As you can see the only thing they have in common is that they are both V6 and made by Nissan, that is it. The GT-R does not have a bored out G35 motor and you are a complete idiot for even thinking something like that. They do not share a single componet anywhere at all between the two cars, not even the name. Like I said, Nissan dropped the SKYLINE name off the GT-R. Plus the VR38 has iron plasma coated cylinders and a closed deck design.
after he said all those insulting sexist things

Old 06-22-2010, 10:12 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
lol so much hate in this thread.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
lol @ the camaro comment. The camaro SS shares the same body as the stock camaro retard. Its totally different from the GTR.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:15 AM
lol wtf

even if the engine block was the same that thing is a serious sports car

its like comparing a GTO to a corvette zr1

Old 06-22-2010, 10:34 AM

g3LU5 is on youtube
damn what are the mods not im pretty sure the g35 is the same as the gtr but it is heavier right like nicer to ride in
what are the differnces

Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 AM
lmao they aren't even close

Old 06-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
lol wtf

even if the engine block was the same that thing is a serious sports car

its like comparing a GTO to a corvette zr1
Only difference between these two engines is a newer LT engine and a super charger. The GTO has a 6.1 liter LS1 in 04 and LS2 in 05 and 06 and the Zr1 has the 6.2 liter LS9 with a dual screw type supercharger (like the stillen for the G and Z) and it also has a very efficient air to water intercooler.

The engine blocks were cast in aluminum for car applications, and iron for most truck applications except fot the Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS, Chevrolet SSR and a limited run of Chevrolet/GMC Extended Cab Standard Box Z71 Trucks. The LS series makes for a very strong engine block with the aluminum engines being almost as strong as the iron generation I and II engines and with the iron LS engines far exceeding the capabilities of the previous two generations. The LS engine also introduced coil-on-plug ignition. The traditional five-bolt pentagonal cylinder head pattern was replaced with a square four-bolt design, and the pistons are flat-topped in the LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7, LQ9 and L33, while all others, including the new LS9 received a dished version of the GM hyper eutectic piston. The cylinder firing order was changed to 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3, so that the LS series now corresponds to the firing pattern of other modern V8 engines (for example the Ford Modular V8).

Last edited by Grace; 06-22-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: removed name calling *sigh*
Old 06-22-2010, 11:19 AM
You really are not getting it are you? Look at the picture again, slowly this time.

Look at this picture and try to tell me the VQ35 and VR38 are the same. They do not share the same bottom end and are not related in a single way, except they are both made by Nissan.

almost exactly the same, maybe you need to look closer and take into consideration what I told you about the GTR VR38, nissan decided to try some NEW technologies on the VR, instead of like almost ALL engines in the world, that bores out the cylinder head and slides in an Iron SLeeve, the VR38 was bored out to 3.8 liters, which in the pics (thanks for those, they help prove yourself wrong) you can see very similar blocks except in the VQ you can see the iron sleeves, in the VR there are NO sleeves, they used a teflon type of COATING. Otherwise they look a lot alike to me, hell when you have them next to eachother in your garage and you are building the two of them, you can really see how much alike they really are, if you remember what I said about the 380 RS Fairlady Z (japan only) this is were they first tried out the no sleeve technique on the bored out VQ35HR to 3.8 liters and used the coating process rather than the sleeves. Oh wow, almost EXACTLY what they did with the VR38. Call Nissan engineers, you probably can not speak Japanese but if you like I can translate for you, cause I speak a little Japanese also. Sorry buddy, my IQ is probably double your whole families.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ugly G35's