Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

SF Wek'Fest 2010 Coverage [80 photos] / Marcus Cooke Photography

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 01:23 AM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Please explain how you believe it is bias?

This show like jdm theory is not like your normal car show. We try to make this show for the people, this is the reason we break down the categorys so much. we believe everyones efforts should be recognised from the daily drivers to the track monsters no one gets left out that includes the judges, if you are in the show we will judge you (we even judge vendor cars and JR's little atv). there are around 40+ staff members and around 3/4 of the staff have thier car in the show also but Judges do not judge thier own cars. Jr has a separate judge score judges car and all awards are looked over by Jr and 2 more staff members.
And if you are wondering we are told to spread the love no one car will take all the awards no matter how bad *** it is.

if you did not talk to us this is the reason,As said over the PA before judging started. if you are not by your car when we come around with your registration form and a wekfest decal on your window you will get skipped. since most of you guys had your registration form even if you were not there we judged your car as best as we could. we had over 650 cars to judge and Jr did not want us lookign for every single owner.

we have a scoring system of 5 categories 1-10 points each and not everyoen will agree with the scoring and judging but zack just came out on top, so with that we stand by our decision.

i hope that helps you guys understand alil more about how we came to our decision and there are no hardfeelings and we will still see you at the next event.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eurodre
i noticed who did take the 1st place, i'll try a turtle theme and see how that comes out
huh?

Old 03-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
dang, mad Cali tension in here...

Old 03-05-2010, 02:23 AM
battle froggy
no hate or drama here i welcome anyone, i got a cold beer and a empty seat for anyone that wants to kick it ohh and shirts lol

Old 03-05-2010, 02:25 AM
man, gotta love the shirts!!! i rock mine everywhere, LOL

Old 03-05-2010, 02:26 AM
battle froggy
we gave one to wantabe6mt too when he came to visit and a free set of springs lol.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:27 AM
battle froggy
wen we make the hoodies again i will ask nesto to send u one =)

Old 03-05-2010, 02:27 AM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Kris79
Please explain how you believe it is bias?

This show like jdm theory is not like your normal car show....
The posts above have discussed why there is an appearance of bias. To be clear, no one has made an allegations of impropriety in the judging, and frankly, it would take a very shallow, insecure, and small-minded person to purposely favor one group over another in something as inconsequential as a car show. We all know that you are not such a person.

I do take exception, however, with your assertion that all entrants were fully judged. As I noted in another thread, several cars in our groups were only given casual glances during 'judging'. Indeed, one member of our group had to physically stop the judges in order to discuss the mods to his car (which were numerous). My discussions with other entrants in the show indicate that this was not an isolated incident. Everyone at a show should understand that some cars simply aren't in contention to win an award, but given that all entrants pay registration fees equally, they should be judged equally. After all, its the entrants who make these shows worthwhile (and financially viable), not the judges & promoters.

Anyway, as I've said many many times before, these are just car shows and the real value is in kicking it with your homies and meeting new friends. We all need to lighten up when it comes to the politics...and our egos.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by Kris79
wen we make the hoodies again i will ask nesto to send u one =)
Our*Garage hoodies FTMFGDW!!!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:33 AM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
I understand what you're trying to say Kris, and there are definitely no hard feelings with me or anyone else on the team. I still stand by what I said about the judging situation though, it's a very touchy subject no matter how you handle it. With the amount of complaints I've already heard, both on and off the forums, it seems like it would be prudent to consider leaving the judges cars out of the competition in the future.

From what they said at the show, there was over 1000 cars trying to register for a full show, so leaving 40+ of the judges cars out of the running should really be no big deal. Not to say they can't have display only vehicles or even a "judges only class", but they shouldn't compete with the cars they are judging... in my opinion it's not worth the problems, and it's not worth risking the reputation of the event.

On a positive note I will say that the check in/roll in process was excellent this year. The organization of that was way better than last year, and we rolled in with very little hassle. Then there was the show itself... the quality of cars competing was top notch, and the crowd and atmosphere of the venue was very cool. Thanks to everyone involved in making this show happen, I know I'm not alone when I say that I'm already looking forward to the next event!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:39 AM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
so who took 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc in their respected classes..

curious to see..

Old 03-05-2010, 02:40 AM
battle froggy
i agree, this is why im not judging anymore when i got stuck with judging 650 cars and 8 categories i was overwhemed add that i havnt slepted in 48+ hours trying to get cars ready for this show i was a walking zombie.

i totaly missed hanging out with my friends that came from out of town saturday and bairly got to talk to them sunday. i will still be part of the staff for wekfest and spocom but no more judging for me.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Really Needs a Life
soo did someone w/jbts beat somebody w/endless or what?

Old 03-05-2010, 02:43 AM
battle froggy
Originally Posted by eurodre
i noticed who did take the 1st place, i'll try a turtle theme and see how that comes out
Originally Posted by zackt69
I completely agree with what you're saying, and have been a judge at major events myself (I've run the judging for Spocom the past 2 years), so I know how difficult of a job it is. While I placed at this show, I myself find the judging biased and a little questionable at this event. In my opinion any person judging or involved with the show on any level, should not have a car entered, and should be as far removed from the competitors/teams as possible - otherwise you'll have people questioning the outcome, no matter how accurate the results.

Like Chris said, it's just a car show, and like I've said before, it's my favorite show of the year hands down. This year was bigger and better than last year, and the crowds and quality of cars was completely crazy. With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing what future events come out of the Wekfest/Weksos Industries group, because the team and I had a great time at this last show.

Congrats to all the winners, all of the cars looked outstanding!

BTW, great pics Marcus!
Originally Posted by Dustin@StrafeAutomotive
so who took 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc in their respected classes..

curious to see..
from what i remember

infiniti
vip m45 or q45 i forget
2nd place g37mobbin
3rd eric with a g37 coupe

g35:
1st randy
2nd myself
3rd zack

Old 03-05-2010, 02:46 AM
Really Needs a Life
full chargespeed gcoupe didn't even place.. hmmmm

looked like a sick show though!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SF Wek'Fest 2010 Coverage [80 photos] / Marcus Cooke Photography