Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Teaser of my dad's Z06 from a shoot for a local magazine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 02:22 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by Jairen
Looks good! I'd bet it's pretty fast.

I think people want to see a side profile to judge it's wheels and fitment...and some sticker shots...
you THINK...you dont know for sure what people want to see...ignorant

You can get pissed off all you want. The only thing I'm trying to point out is that there is more to car modding than wheel fitment and stickers. I actually love the the scene but things just get rediculous with rediculous negative camber and substituting stickers for mods.

Offset in NOT EVERYTHING. Get over it.
Drag racing is not everything either. People are going to have their own thoughts about a car should be modded.

You like to drag race a car that was never intended to be a dragster to begin with...

However no one jumps to conclusions and starts talking trash in your video threads cause thats what YOU want to do with YOUR car! Who cares!

I was interested on the brake setup and wheels as well...AND NOT FOR FITMENT!

And what does your sticker comment mean? I don't get it...I have 2...enlighten me.

Most of us do believe in performance as much as fitment. But when it takes $20k + in motor builds and boost setups to barely get our cars in the 11s...I'd rather slam it, poke it, and make something else go fast.

Offset IS EVERYTHING...when you want to run 14 inch wide wheels on a car that has 700+ hp. If you run stock offsets on a wheel thats 4 inches wider than stock, you will have some problems...

So I think you should keep your function > form comments to yourself or at least start your own thread about it...or YOU GET OVER IT

Cause I can GUARANTEE that 99% of us "fitted" guys know when functon > form in ANY CASE!

/rant

Sorry OP for the ignorance that has commenced in your thread. :/

Old 12-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
so no pix of fitment and stickers yet?

Old 12-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnnys_Beast_Foo
you THINK...you dont know for sure what people want to see...ignorant

Drag racing is not everything either. People are going to have their own thoughts about a car should be modded.

You like to drag race a car that was never intended to be a dragster to begin with...

However no one jumps to conclusions and starts talking trash in your video threads cause thats what YOU want to do with YOUR car! Who cares!

I was interested on the brake setup and wheels as well...AND NOT FOR FITMENT!

And what does your sticker comment mean? I don't get it...I have 2...enlighten me.

Most of us do believe in performance as much as fitment. But when it takes $20k + in motor builds and boost setups to barely get our cars in the 11s...I'd rather slam it, poke it, and make something else go fast.

Offset IS EVERYTHING...when you want to run 14 inch wide wheels on a car that has 700+ hp. If you run stock offsets on a wheel thats 4 inches wider than stock, you will have some problems...

So I think you should keep your function > form comments to yourself or at least start your own thread about it...or YOU GET OVER IT

Cause I can GUARANTEE that 99% of us "fitted" guys know when functon > form in ANY CASE!

/rant

Sorry OP for the ignorance that has commenced in your thread. :/
Thanks for your comment. I think you may have thought it was directed at you in particular.

I'll just say that I support the show and performance scene and love the fitted scene as I mentioned. I just hate when I see stupid crap at meets and on the street. We've all seen it.

If you thought this was an attack at you or anyone in particular, let me apologize cause it wasn't.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:42 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
^ I dont think it was an attack at all. But I honestly think that because someone with a fitment oriented car wanted to see what wheels the car was running doesn't automatically mean he was wanting to see stretch and poke.

Can't make assumptions...its the interwebz...srs bsns

Old 12-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wow, didn't expect so much drama in here....just a few things....pics are being sent to me by the photographer and i will post more as he finishes editing them...as previously stated the wheels are multi piece FORGELINES, gloss black face with a victory red steplip in the original Z06 19" sizes however they are 3 lbs lighter at each corner, it is NOT stanced by any means but vettes are pretty low to begin with, in fact, that is the 2nd carbon fiber splitter on the front bumper...New Orleans roads are murder....headlights, front splitter, sideskirts, A pillars, and rear spoiler are all real carbon fiber...profile shots and interior pics will follow along with a modlist once my dad gets me one...hope you all enjoy

Old 12-20-2010, 07:59 PM
^^you can always count on g35driver for the drama

Old 12-20-2010, 08:02 PM
very true

Old 12-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
You can get pissed off all you want. The only thing I'm trying to point out is that there is more to car modding than wheel fitment and stickers. I actually love the the scene but things just get rediculous with rediculous negative camber and substituting stickers for mods.

Offset in NOT EVERYTHING. Get over it.
Ok so why did you come into this thread and start talking about "fitment" and "stickers"

There was ZERO mention of either things, until you chimed in with your stupid remark.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:04 PM
what I would love to hear is a youtube clip of your dad's z06, must sound mean

Old 12-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by eurodre
what I would love to hear is a youtube clip of your dad's z06, must sound mean
might be able to get one with my iphone, but i don't have a video camera

Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what does your Dad do for a living? Like is he in the automotive industry?

Old 12-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
If you don't mind me asking, what does your Dad do for a living? Like is he in the automotive industry?

yea man wondering too because that thing is tastefully modded, he seems to know his **** when it comes to modifying cars. Most older guys with Vette's just slap on some chrome 20's and call it a day

Old 12-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
not at all , he works for an orthopedic company called SYNTHES, they deal with trauma equipment like external fixaters and titanium plates and screws that people who break hips or have reconstructive knee surgery type of stuff

Old 12-20-2010, 09:09 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Not to mention he got a real Vette.

My classification of a "real" Vette is a Z06 and above. But that is just my opinion. Beautiful piece of art, if you ask me.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Adon
yea man wondering too because that thing is tastefully modded, he seems to know his **** when it comes to modifying cars. Most older guys with Vette's just slap on some chrome 20's and call it a day
he's always been into cars, guess that's where i got it from...he's a member on the corvette forum as well as a couple local corvette clubs here in N.O.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser of my dad's Z06 from a shoot for a local magazine