Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

LS1 Drift Build 'Nuff Said'

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:21 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Edafe the TB is so sexy.

The following users liked this post:
Blackedout (09-09-2011)
Old 09-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
STAGE 1: Phase 6 'Coils/Spark Plugs and Wires'

Happy Labor day guys/girls!!! So I thought I would do this quick update before I start BBQing.

Lets kick it off with the beer of the week, which is Magic Hat 'Summer: Wacko',, Great summer beer has a big malty aroma, a subdued hop bite and a clean, slightly sweet finish.. Def good with BBQs

Today's update is a small one. I am going to install my coil packs, spark plugs and wires.

MSD Plug Wires and NGK spark plugs: $79.99
Coils and bracket:$115.00

So I got the bracket and it was the wrong one. No problem, I'll just make new holes to mount the up. Also painted the bracket a gold finish..

I think it came out pretty good..

mount up the coils and then install to the cover..

next is the spark plugs, which i think every one knows how to install.

Next is the spark plug wires..

And there you have it..

other side done

I really like how the gold looks...

Total price so far: $6,089.16

Next week STAGE 1: Phase 7 'Sikky Heaven'

The following users liked this post:
jookyshank (09-05-2011)
Old 09-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Received 92 Likes on 79 Posts
Very nice

Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Mmmmm bbq!!!

Old 09-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking amazing. You going to have enough stages to hit some nice Fall/Oktoberfest beers? Seen a fair number at the stores this weekend and trying a mix and match of them myself.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
Pics of BBQ when complete

Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
^^ LoL's

Lookin really good! any estimates on when you plan to have the engine completed/car completed?

Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I noticed something since you're talking about the different brackets on the coils. You have the perimeter bolt valve covers not the center bolts so it must be a pre-99 LS1? It differes slightly in the rear oil galley is smaller that the later blocks. Doesnt make much of a difference in most street cars but thinking about TT and high horsepower might be an issues especially if you plan to road race it. Most people put an extra quart of oil in and using the ported LS6 oil pump usually are good enough.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by DogStar
Looking amazing. You going to have enough stages to hit some nice Fall/Oktoberfest beers? Seen a fair number at the stores this weekend and trying a mix and match of them myself.
Yeah I will hit some octoberfest beers and some pumpkin ales.. So be on the look out..

Originally Posted by jookyshank
^^ LoL's

Lookin really good! any estimates on when you plan to have the engine completed/car completed?
I hope to have this completed by the beginning of winter but you never know.. I am just taking my time..

Originally Posted by mikedamageinc
Hey I noticed something since you're talking about the different brackets on the coils. You have the perimeter bolt valve covers not the center bolts so it must be a pre-99 LS1? It differes slightly in the rear oil galley is smaller that the later blocks. Doesnt make much of a difference in most street cars but thinking about TT and high horsepower might be an issues especially if you plan to road race it. Most people put an extra quart of oil in and using the ported LS6 oil pump usually are good enough.
You have a good eye.. Yes it is a pre-99 its an 98 LS1. and yes those are perimeter bolt valve covers.. As for the LS1 oil consumption, you are true and that is why I am running an Acusump. I believe all LS motors should run one to be on the safe side..

Old 09-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This thread is awesome ...... great job man

btw, I was just curious how much power are you expecting from this engine, once you are all done?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
not sure if they make coil relocation kits for the LS1 but i have always thought they looked alot more sinister, here is a really old shot of my dad's z06

Old 09-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
When i got my Fast 102 TB i thought they had shipped me a gun. Who the heck ships a TB in a case with a handle lol. Looking good! Dont know who you are ordering your sikky stuff through but i got mine for a steal through Dan@assaultech. Also PM me or call me at the office before ordering the sikky stuff! Our power steering kits, clutch line kits, and fuel line kits are much better. They have some great products mounts, headers, drive shaft, short shift could be better, but they have some poor quality lines and fittings when it comes to the oil filter relocation, clutch line kit and power steering kits.

-Logan

Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Good call on the accusump. They make coil relocations for all LS engines since they're all basically the same some put them out of sight on the firewall. I think they look fine but if you want to hide them the aluminum covers look the best. You can even get them cheap on ebay!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit
not sure if they make coil relocation kits for the LS1 but i have always thought they looked alot more sinister, here is a really old shot of my dad's z06
Very sick engine bay in that z06, Thought about the relocation kit,, we will see in the future.

Originally Posted by Brew_haha
When i got my Fast 102 TB i thought they had shipped me a gun. Who the heck ships a TB in a case with a handle lol. Looking good! Dont know who you are ordering your sikky stuff through but i got mine for a steal through Dan@assaultech. Also PM me or call me at the office before ordering the sikky stuff! Our power steering kits, clutch line kits, and fuel line kits are much better. They have some great products mounts, headers, drive shaft, short shift could be better, but they have some poor quality lines and fittings when it comes to the oil filter relocation, clutch line kit and power steering kits.

-Logan
Is this Logan from Chase Bays? I already have my Sikky kit, ordered it from Justin at Sikky.. As for the lines I do need the clutch line kit..

Originally Posted by mikedamageinc
Good call on the accusump. They make coil relocations for all LS engines since they're all basically the same some put them out of sight on the firewall. I think they look fine but if you want to hide them the aluminum covers look the best. You can even get them cheap on ebay!
Yeah I think am going to use the normal C5 covers and just paint them the color I want for now..

Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 PM
KCJ
royal, question for ya...bein a DFH fan myself, im wondering your opinion on this one:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile...t=topr&start=0

just opened one tonight, and i gotta say.....not happy at all!!!! tastes almost like rubbing alcohol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: LS1 Drift Build 'Nuff Said'