Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

David's IP G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to revive such an old thread but curious about the custom black painted inlets where did you get them from I can only find cf ones that take like 3 months to come in? Of did u just paint the inlet holes black

Old 02-01-2018, 11:20 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
The inlets on the Nismo bumper appeared to be painted black. It's a fairly common thing to do with the Nismo bumper, so I wouldn't stress yourself looking for a bumper that has black inserts that go in there.

The only reason I could think of why the CF inlets would take longer is because you'd have to count for manufacturing time of creating the fiberglass bumper and then molding the CF inserts.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:43 PM
I'm not stressing at all I was just curious if there was a place selling fiber or poly inlets since he said custom I didn't know but I just ordered a nismo bumper and outcast garage is the only place that sells them it's in cf but it's made to order that's why it takes so long for delivery I have already told my body shop guy who is a personal friend of mine that I wanted them painted I also am about to order a changespeed rear bumper and I'm going to get the fiber or poly and have him paint the built in rear defusser gloss black just like the inlets on the front I did find the cs bumper last night with the built in defusser in carbon fiber for $525 which is $100 cheaper than anywhere else I'm tempted but I'm not a huge fan of cf imo gloss black with a good clear coat done by someone who knows what their doing looks better than cf. I hate the cf trunks I can't understand why anyone who doesn't have a black car would put a cf trunk on their g. Speaking of trunk I'm also torn with putting the 06 spoiler (or a aftermarket that like similar) on my 03 g. I like the look better hands down I just don't know if it's worth the trouble of having to fill in the screw holes as the 06 spoiler bolt pattern is different. I'm curious and may start a thread asking if there is a aftermarket 06 look alike that uses the 03 bolt pattern. what year is your g? This website is a ghost town these days I hear I just joined I actually just bought/scored/robbed mine an 03 6mt w 90k that needed a rear and front bumpers (the front was questionable) and had a cel light on (was 02 sensor and ended up needed cats. I bought the car for $2400 which is a steal considering the paint on the shell of the car everywhere except the bumpers is a 9.5/10 the car was just sitting in a garage for the last 3-4 years. I'm about $1500 into the restore including the bumpers I also was able to find 06 oem projectors for $200 including shipping which is ridiculously cheap found one headlight at a junk yard that was going out of business 2 weeks from when I bought it I low balled the **** out of them at $50 figuring never in a million years would they accept considering they could have put it on eBay for $200 and prob sold it in 24 hours but all said and done will prob be a little over $2k not including the 20" lexani cs10s that came off my g37x I bought this car originally with the intentions of flipping it but I'm falling in love with it as it's so much more fun to drive than my g37 was cuz if I was flipping it I could have got the factory style front and rear bumpers for $315 but the car has a complete sarona body kit let me get your opinion so I can wrap up this novel I just wrote lol tell me what you think of the nismo bumper changespeed rear and if I leave the sarona if003ss side skirts but fiberglass (fill in) the exhaust holes I had planned to get new sides either nismo ing or impul I can't decide so now I'm thinking I really like the design of the skirt and it's perfectly fitted on my car but I hate the exhaust cut outs/holesI think Its so ricey... what do u think?

Old 02-01-2018, 01:50 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
I'll do my best to address some of your questions.

My G is 2005, but it doesn't look like my avatar anymore. I've since changed the wheels, exhaust, trunk, diffuser, color, etc.

Personally, I hate the Sarona kit. I think it looks very gaudy and ugly. But that is strictly my opinion. If you like it, then keep it.

Nismo and Chargespeed rear is a common set-up. I had a Chargespeed rear bumper at one point in time and I loved it. I think it will go well with the Nismo front bumper. Side skirts wise, you could stick with the Sarona that you have. I think it will look fine. But others with these bumper combinations tend to lean more toward the Impul or the Nismo sides. Though I do not think you can go wrong with the ings+1 sides either.

The forums are a ghost town because Facebook groups have taken over for discussion. Same thing that happened with the private classified sections of this forum.

Personally, this is my first time back to the forums in about a year and this place is very dead. Though still nice to see some of the old guard still showing a bit of activity here now and then.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:26 PM
I couldn't agree more I hate the sarona kit it's ugly ricey looks like it belongs on a space ship including the side skirts I actually like the overal design of the sarona skirts I just hate the exhaust cut out/hole with the grill that's so ugly but I was thinking if I filled it in with fiberglass to get rid of the hole it would look pretty good imo and it would also be different nobody else would have that skirt if i filled it in and it would line up w the nismo front and cs rear. I already ordered the nismo bumper and ordering the cs bumper Tuesday I just need to decide between now and tues if I'm buying skirts cuz I would only have to pay $10 more for the shipping to add side skirts to my order that's a huge savings.,.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:36 PM
I wanted to know what u think of the idea to fill in the exhaust holes/cutouts they look like the ing but with a little attitude with the lines at the bottom ...I also included pics of the rear bumper so I could get a good laugh but that's what sarona body kits deserve but u ever see a bumper in worse shape that wasn't off the car or from a major accident the owners kid b4 me backed into a tree trying to back it into the garage lol and the front is not as bad but I can't stand the sarona kits and what really kills me is it's one of the most expensive body kits on the market for the g the side skirts alone are $700 the only ones more expensive are the vertex I put mine in the classified I figure if I can sell em b4 I place my order great if not I'll keep em and fill in the holes

Old 02-01-2018, 02:38 PM
One more question u said same thing for the classified on here as in they moved to a new place or something to that effect do you happen to know where? I would love to buy/sell some parts ...

Old 02-01-2018, 09:21 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
The amount of work you're going to have a shop do to fill in the holes with fiberglass and repaint them, you might as well get skirts that you like. Why spend the money on something that you're iffy about? Just get what you want.

Look around on Facebook for for sale groups. That's where a lot of the private classifieds have gone. As for the vendor classifieds, as in the actual business partners on this forum, I cannot speak for them. You might just have to look at what companies are still selling stuff.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Originally Posted by XiN
The amount of work you're going to have a shop do to fill in the holes with fiberglass and repaint them, you might as well get skirts that you like. Why spend the money on something that you're iffy about? Just get what you want.

Look around on Facebook for for sale groups. That's where a lot of the private classifieds have gone. As for the vendor classifieds, as in the actual business partners on this forum, I cannot speak for them. You might just have to look at what companies are still selling stuff.