Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Silverbolt's car! (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 03:39 PM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice.........congrats.........get a spoiler and some center caps and your set

Old 10-02-2005, 03:43 PM
VERY nice, did you have the front lip molded in? Looks really clean.

Old 10-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
Borahatch, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! You dont know this, but you helped me out alot with my rims! About a month ago, I was looking into which rims I wanted, and Axis was one of them. I searched around and couldnt find too many good pictures of a coupe with them on... then I found your website with all your pictures!!! I love your angled shots that show off the sexy lip our wheels have! I have a big gallery of pictures in my computer for these wheels, and pretty much all of your wheel pictures are in it! Thanks again for helping make my decission on getting these wheels!
LOL, that just makes my day! You're welcome. I'm glad I could do my small part for a fellow G35 driver! Thanks for the comments on my pics. I think I have ton more on my comp if you're interested.

Also, to the poster who asked if I had a drop: Not yet. I'm thinking about getting 350Z H-Techs. But I'm fine with the way it sits stock.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Florida G35 Club
Love your ride, Love the color, Love the wheel's, Do you want to trade for a week?

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 01-21-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is a beautiful set-up regardless of whatever amount of time you have had the car. Great job!

Old 10-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech
you can definitely tell the sideskirts, rear bumper cover and front lip are replica parts.. why not buy authentic pieces that fit?

Old 10-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
you can definitely tell the sideskirts, rear bumper cover and front lip are replica parts.. why not buy authentic pieces that fit?
Because the sideskirts, rear bumper cover and front lip fit just as good as the authentic ones The shop I went to has done several authentic Kenstyle kits, and they said my sideskirts fit just about as good as all the authentic ones they've done. If you can honestly tell that they're replicas, then be specific and point it out. I'd realy like to know. If you're going to point out that it has no indentation for the emblem... well, I had them fill it and make it smooth. Having an emblem there looks awkward, imo. Several people with an authenic sideskirt filled it and made it smooth too. Also, the Ings front and rear and first generation molds from the authentic kit and they're molded on. If you're saying you can tell the difference, then thats a bold face lie.

I'm fixing up my car for my own pleasure... If I was going to show it at a car show, then authenticity would make all the difference! In person, and even when parked next to one that is authentic... if its not noticeable, and I spent half the price (paint install all included) then I see no point to go the extra mile for a daily driver

Last edited by Silverbolt; 10-02-2005 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by ScottR
VERY nice, did you have the front lip molded in? Looks really clean.
THANKS!

At first, I wasnt going to mold it, but the shop I went to really wanted to do it. They had a special flexable filler that they've used alot for BMW kits, and they said it would look really good with my front and rear lip. I was really hesitant because I didnt want any cracking at the seams. They said not to worry because it wont happen. They've had customers scrape the hell out of their BMWs and there was no problem at all. I figured that since they have an awsome reputation, built many award winning show cars and magazine cover cars... that I should trust them I'm glad I did!

I had them mold it so it still looks kind of like a lip, but its all one peice. I've seen in completely molded on smooth, and I like it better with the extra lines

Old 10-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
Because the sideskirts, rear bumper cover and front lip fit just as good as the authentic ones The shop I went to has done several authentic Kenstyle kits, and they said my sideskirts fit just about as good as all the authentic ones they've done. If you can honestly tell that they're replicas, then be specific and point it out. I'd realy like to know. If you're going to point out that it has no indentation for the emblem... well, I had them fill it and make it smooth. Having an emblem there looks awkward, imo. Several people with an authenic sideskirt filled it and made it smooth too. Also, the Ings front and rear and first generation molds from the authentic kit and they're molded on. If you're saying you can tell the difference, then thats a bold face lie.

I'm fixing up my car for my own pleasure... If I was going to show it at a car show, then authenticity would make all the difference! In person, and even when parked next to one that is authentic... if its not noticeable, and I spent half the price (paint install all included) then I see no point to go the extra mile for a daily driver
It's noticable because your pieces are all molded (with exception to the sideskirts). No one molds in a $2000+ body kit, so obviously there was some reason to it; aside from the fact that 2 people who purchased from 350forums also molded the ings replica kit in. I think you can say you wanted it "molded" and you wanted it "smooth," but I bet it fit like crap and would have taken a lot more body work to otherwise make it look like it was authentic. Your sideskirts are also about 1/4" too short on the front and back, that was the dead giveaway, aside from the gaps behind and in front of the doors where the skirt should line up with the body lines.

I am not trying to knock your car, it's clean and done well, I just hate replica parts and don't believe that a company like 350forums should be supported for the absolute crap that gets produced.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
It's noticable because your pieces are all molded (with exception to the sideskirts). No one molds in a $2000+ body kit, so obviously there was some reason to it; aside from the fact that 2 people who purchased from 350forums also molded the ings replica kit in. I think you can say you wanted it "molded" and you wanted it "smooth," but I bet it fit like crap and would have taken a lot more body work to otherwise make it look like it was authentic. Your sideskirts are also about 1/4" too short on the front and back, that was the dead giveaway, aside from the gaps behind and in front of the doors where the skirt should line up with the body lines.

I am not trying to knock your car, it's clean and done well, I just hate replica parts and don't believe that a company like 350forums should be supported for the absolute crap that gets produced.
Yup, the sideskirts look a little short. At first, I was pretty disapointed about that. Then I realized that the authentic Kenstyle sideskirt is exaclty the same way. Nothing fits like OEM... other than OEM parts. The authentic Kenstyle kit is great quality, but it not as perfect as oem. About how it lines up with the front and rear quarter panel... I'm not sure what you're talking about. From what I can tell, it lines up just fine.

Acutally, the ings front and rear fit very nicely. There was actually a funny story behind that. When I first brought it to the bodyshop, they did a test fitment. It was WAAAAYYYY OFF!!!! It was almost an inch short on both sides!!! I so pissed and called up the manufacturer that supplies the bodykits to 350forums. He said that hes never heard of anything like that, and to swap it with another lip at his warehouse. I try on the new lip, and its just as bad. The guy there and I messed around with it for about half an hour and we found that it has to be slipped on in a particular way, otherwise it wont want to go on at all! Once we figured out how to pop it on, it was really snug, and fit like a glove!!!!!! Of course there were minor gaps here and there... but even an amature bodyshop guy (like myself) would be able to fix it. I spent a little more money to mold it on because the guy gave me an amazing deal!... and reasured me that I wouldnt have a problem with cracking. If anyone had the deal he gave me... they'd do it without a second thought!

All in all: 350forum bodykit + hook-ups with molding, painting, installing = $2,000 LESS THAN GOING AUTHENTIC + JUST PAINT AND INSTALL!!!!
Thanks to SAMV35 for the awsome hook-up!!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Oh, and I forgot to add. Another reason I opt to mold, was because my bumper was really scratched up from the license plate part when we kept trying to figure out how to put the lip on. Since the scratches were pretty bad and couldnt be buffed out, I figured I can have it all molded, and the entire front bumper would be re-painted. It worked out for me

Old 10-03-2005, 02:30 AM
I think you did a great job with the exterior. Looks factory clean to me.

I asked if you guys had a drop before because I couldn't really tell. Your cars looked slightly dropped with those axis wheels. Glad I know now that I won't need a definite drop with bigger aftermarket wheels.

Old 10-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Wow, love the kit. I might have to look into that for myself. Great job!

Old 10-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Very nice and clean. Great job.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:40 AM
Got my center caps on... FINALLY! Its hard to work on my car when I have to work all day :/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Silverbolt's car! (PICS)