Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Let me shoot your car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me shoot your car

Hey guys, I've mostly been posting on the Z forums but I figure I'd post up on here too. I've been really getting into photography lately so I've been shooting mine as well as my friends' cars to improve my skills. I've also been shooting members from different forums. I'd hate to toot my own horn but I think I've gotten pretty good. You can see for yourself in my gallery:

http://morenor.home.comcast.net

My most recent shoot was with a member from this forum, jimmytango00.

Hopefully Serg can vouch for me.

To be honest I spend quite a bit of time behind the camera as well as behind the computer post editing. Everyone I've shot so far has mentioned that I should charge a little for my time and effort so I'm going to try it out. Nothing crazy as this isn't about the money for me, I like shooting cars. Soo....go to my site for details

http://morenor.home.comcast.net

PM or email me to set something up

Last edited by cyberz350; 03-15-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i can def. vouch, great pics! thanks bro i'll hit u up later

Old 03-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmm... $20 seems like a lil much especially since you're asking US for the favor... and not the other way around.

Call me crazy, but we're also spending time and energy to let you take pics for us, so it's not just you. Call it a, "You scratch my back, i'll scratch yours." If it were me, i'd do it for free, or at most buy me lunch at In-n-Out or something.

Even still, you do have some nice shots in your galleries. I also understand you're trying to make an honest buck. It's just my opinion. That's all

Old 03-13-2006, 03:21 PM
$20 for 2hrs is not bad
i might talk to you soon

Old 03-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Pretty decent shots. I would try to shallow your depth of field on some of your shots. This way you can seperate your subject a little better from busy backgrounds. Are you using a point and shoot camera? Shooting in one of the auto modes? Try shooting in one of manual modes so you have more control. I like your composition/angles though.

As for charging fellow car enthusiasts to practice shooting on their cars? I have invested thousands in camera equipment and I wouldn't dream of charging people for my work. Just shoot your friend's cars and chalk up the time/gas money spent as a price for learning more.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:49 PM
No, I totally see where you guys are coming from. I was pretty reluctant to start asking for money. But like I said, it's not even about trying to make a buck here or there. I do it because I like doing it. And I know that the person is taking time out of their schedule as well. But if you think about it, all they're really doing is bringing their car to me. I on the other hand, also make time in my schedule (I've got a full time job), do all the shooting, as well as all the post processing. I was up till like 2am last night working on Sergio's pics to get them out by today. I think that kind of effort has gotta be worth something. It's more like $20 for over 6hrs of my time and effort. That's like $3.30/hr. I mean, if I really wanted to I could just practice shooting on my car. I wouldn't have to worry about scheduling or anything like that. But why do that, when other members could share in my talent and have cool pics of their car as well?

I dunno, as I said, I see your perspective and I appreciate your feedback. I'll try this out for a bit and if doesn't work, I'll stop charging.

What's your take Sergio?

Old 03-13-2006, 03:54 PM
personally, i think $20 is great... if you have the skills use it.... looks like you take great shots.. and for all the enthusists.... this is nice to have.... a great portfolio for your car, and something you care about,.... since it's your car and not all these pics of other people's car........ it's a good deal..... what kind of camara are you using and do we get it in a cd or dvd with all rights?

Old 03-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well i was looking for someone to take pictures of my car so i guess its a little dif. I think $20 is a great price for the pics. we started shooting at like 7pm and finished up till like 10:30pm so he's not keeping track of time or anything. Im satisfied with the shots

Old 03-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by luongdmd
personally, i think $20 is great... if you have the skills use it.... looks like you take great shots.. and for all the enthusists.... this is nice to have.... a great portfolio for your car, and something you care about,.... since it's your car and not all these pics of other people's car........ it's a good deal..... what kind of camara are you using and do we get it in a cd or dvd with all rights?
Thanks. I'm using a Canon Powershot S2IS. I post a link to all the pictures that I've taken and the person just saves it to their computer. The only thing I want is credit for taking the pic.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:22 PM
dude honestly bro I need your services. I dont think $20/ 2 hours is a bad price. Everything will be done soon with my car so I will be emailing you soon. Thanks Oliver...

Old 03-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
I dont see what the bitching is about, $20 is nothing, especially for unlimited shots anywhre you want. The guy is going to put 2 hours of his time into it, plus his drive there and maybe some editing, it is a service. IMO (see below) $20 doesnt buy much these days, call any place that provices a car service and see what $20 will buy you. The stealsership charges $90 per hour.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks for your opinion Polishthrust.

Kamal - No doubt man, just hit me up.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Oliver is the man, I will definitely hit you up when my car is done hopefully in 2010..haha, but he is a totally cool guy..Dude, aren't you gonna be busy planning your wedding and stuff?

Old 03-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by martyg35
Oliver is the man, I will definitely hit you up when my car is done hopefully in 2010..haha, but he is a totally cool guy..Dude, aren't you gonna be busy planning your wedding and stuff?
Thanks for the big ups Marty. Yea man, pretty busy. She's doing a lot of the planning though which I really don't mind. But then again, she's fronting a lot of money because I'm spending all my cash to pay off her ring. I swear to god, if I EVER meet Tiffany, I'm going to beat her and her company down for brainwashing the ladies.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Originally Posted by cyberz350
Thanks for the big ups Marty. Yea man, pretty busy. She's doing a lot of the planning though which I really don't mind. But then again, she's fronting a lot of money because I'm spending all my cash to pay off her ring. I swear to god, if I EVER meet Tiffany, I'm going to beat her and her company down for brainwashing the ladies.

Haha, Tiffany is overated but Damn bro, I would've hooked you up definitely on the ring since my family owns a jewelry shop..Oh well, just hit me up whenevers you decide to get more bling for the future wifey..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let me shoot your car