Removing emblems

Old 05-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 07SilverG
why would you spend $300 to debadge your car?
well, if you prefer driving with two holes in your trunk - g/l

Old 05-05-2008, 12:44 AM
i just debaged my INFINITI G35 the other day and all i used was goo gone, then a fishing line to take them off. the adhesive was still on there but i just poured some goo gone on it and scraped it off with my nail. after that there was still some left over debris from the adhesive so i used rubbing compound. and that took it off. I then washed my car and waxed the back really good but it looks really nice and you can't see any marks afterwards.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Has anyone removed the symbol from the trunk of a 03 sedan that has the doggy door look to it? I have a dp colored sedan and will be putting some chrome 20's on it and i have gold emblems, the g35 was not an issue but i wan't to remove the gold mt symbol and replace it with a chrome one or leave it blank if that is an option. I haven't seen any pics of this style debaged.....

is this symbol for the 03 trunk bolted on? It doen't appear to be stuck on that it will remove with floss, however i haven't run floss behind it yet but didn't give me the feel that it would move if i did.... any ideas...

thanks.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:52 PM
yeah goo gone + fishing lines = no emblems!

follow up with a nice orbital polisher (Mezerna P0106FF)....and you are golden

Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It should be around $100 to get all of the emblems from the Infiniti Dealer.
thats including "INFINITY" "G35" and the emblem

Old 11-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts
first clean the area. use hair dryer to heat up the glue. then slowly use dental floss to strip the emblem away from the glue. Then take any glue off that you can. Use goo gone and get rest of glue out. You'll have the "ghost" emblem afterwards. So then you can do some detailing to get that out. I use clay bar and wax.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:26 PM
heres the hard but most efficient way to do this debadging! (mind you i havent debadge my G35)

1st: wash ur trunk so there isnt any dirty in the way while removing. (EZ part)
2nd: with a hammer and a flat head, hammer off ur logos,emblems,letters,etc. (medium part)
3rd: getting rid of the glue residue, use a blow torch or a heat gun, apply for about 15mins...glue should melt right off! if not use sand papper and a lot of elbow grease! (hard part)

if glue is still on my recommendation is you already screwed ur trunk up, so since you had to ask how to debadge ur G, you probably should pay an outrages amount to have a professional do it!

i hope i was a big help! ur local neighbor...LMFAO

Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the tips!!

Old 02-28-2012, 08:17 PM
thanks for the instructions

Old 03-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by RichesG35
heres the hard but most efficient way to do this debadging! (mind you i havent debadge my G35)

2nd: with a hammer and a flat head, hammer off ur logos,emblems,letters,etc. (medium part)
3rd: getting rid of the glue residue, use a blow torch or a heat gun, apply for about 15mins...glue should melt right off! if not use sand papper and a lot of elbow grease! (hard part)

if glue is still on my recommendation is you already screwed ur trunk up, so since you had to ask how to debadge ur G, you probably should pay an outrages amount to have a professional do it!

WTF NOOOOOOO! This is by far the WORST advice I've ever seen for debaging. I have to step in on this one....

1. DO NOT use a flathead and a hammer to get off your emblems, you will damage your paint.
Use fishing line to 'floss' between the emblem and paint until you can pull off the emblem. You can use a heat gun to speed up the 'flossing' process.

2. DO NOT use a blowtorch of anytype to do debading!! Use a heat gun to assist you on a LOW power setting, heat evenly.

3. There should not be 'glue' under the emblem. There is a double sided tape material that adheres the emblems---this will come off with goo gone and rubbing with your finger/mircofiber towel. I strictly use goo gone as it is safe on paint.

4. DO NOT use sand paper of any kind when removing the adhesive! It is not necessary and It will marr your paint and defeat the whole purpose of the debage!!

Be patient and be careful and you won't have any issues.

Last edited by Adro; 03-14-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Edited my above post^^^^

Last edited by Adro; 03-14-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts

I really hope that's sarcasm lol

Old 09-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL this got me a laugh alight

Old 10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm having problems with my passinger side window it goes down and up but sometimes it wont go up or down could it be that the motor is going out or could it be a fuse problem.& if so should i purchase an after market motor....

Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Do a search, there's better advice elsewhere. You don't need a fliping hair
dryer unless you live in the frozen north....and never pick at the glue with
your nails that's what the GooGone is for....damn noobs!
Just so you know, goo gone sucks I went through literally 3/4 of a bottle before it was passable and even then the invisible logo (i n f i n i t i) was still there, try WD40 works wonders.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Removing emblems