Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Review: Injen Ti Tip Track Edition True Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 04:39 AM
Lexus IS350
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Review: Injen Ti Tip Track Edition True Dual Exhaust

I just got the exhaust system yesterday from UPS and had gdup35sedan help me install it. I think I am one of the few to have the new Ti Tip SES system so I figured Id help everyone out by posting a review.

Packaging: The exhaust system came very well packed and all the parts were well protected by plastic wrap, bubble wrap, and cardboard pieces. It was very well organized and easy to unpack.

Quality, Fitment, & Installation: The quality of the system is top-notch. Everything was a perfect fit and installation was a breeze. It was harder to get the stock muffler off the hangers than it was to install the entire Injen exhaust system. All of the welds are welded using titanium and all of the gaskets and bolts were strong and secure.

Looks: Simply beautiful. The stainless steel has a great shine to it and is polished to perfection on every part of the exhaust. The welds are titanium to match the torched titanium tips. The torched tips are very similar to HKS tips but are a darker blue and have a more torched look than the HKS.

Sound: Very, very loud! Right away after turning the key, it fires right up with a loud, deep roar. The idle is a very nice gurgle that is louder than stock but not too loud. Its barely noticeable and adds a bit of aggression to the car’s sound. Up until about 3600RPM it has a deep growl. After that, the growl turns into a deep "purr" and continues to be loud until the red line. It’s absolutely louder than stock exhaust and has a different note to it. Droning is noticeable but isn’t bad unless you’re going up a fair sized incline; nothing a turn of the volume **** can’t fix.

Performance: I did not notice any decrease or loss of low end torque or power. If anything I noticed an increase in power which is much more prevalent in the high-end. The car definitely feels more responsive and powerful across the power band. While many may say that it only feels faster because it’s louder, I can confidently say that there is not a loss of low end power and that it is definitely more responsive and quicker.

Competition: Injen created the Ti Tip Track Edition SES in order to directly compete with HKS. The Injen is louder and deeper than the HKS and looks pretty much identical, besides the Injen having two mufflers in total compared to HKS’s four mufflers in total. One of the main reasons I chose the Injen is because a lot of people have HKS. I wanted to be different while also saving a fair amount of money so I decided to go with the Injen.

Pictures and sound clips coming soon. Watch out for them in the next couple days. Just wanted to post the review up asap in case anyone was about to submit their order

Old 07-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice review, but let me be the first

this post is WORTHLESS WITHOUT THE PICTURE

Edit: I tried to find the emo-icons that say the above phrase...but couldnt find it..

Last edited by godmans; 07-21-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had mine installed for 1 1/2 months or more. Im just too lazy to post pics. I agree with your review. I love this exhaust.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:05 AM
Lexus IS350
Here's a few quick pics, Thanks for the pics Grant. And a short video phone video that is still being "reviewed" by youtube should be up tomorrow

Old 07-24-2006, 02:40 AM
if they couldve made the tips adjustable like HKS i would've considered this option too.. but it looks nice none the less

Old 07-24-2006, 03:13 AM
Lexus IS350
The tips, IMO, stick out the perfect amount. Of course, Im completely biased, but I really do feel that they are just right. While it may not look like it, the tips stick out and are in line with the bottom of the rear license plate frame.

HKS was my plan until I saw and read about the new Injen. And when I saw the price, well, look at my post. I bought it

The sound is that of an exotic and it turns everyone's heads. Punching it results in a huge eruption of noise that can be heard for, no joke, nearly a mile under the right conditions. Its been four days and I feel like Ive fallen in love with not only the exhaust but my car four times over again.

Last edited by extreme4377; 07-24-2006 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 07-24-2006, 03:33 AM
boe
I gotta go to the next meet just to hear your exhaust..

Old 07-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Lexus IS350
Here is the short video.

Boe, PM me, maybe we can get together

Old 07-25-2006, 07:07 AM
the reason why i mentioned the adjustable tips was because i use to have the nismo diffuser on the rear and with that piece on the exhaust tip looked basically like it was under the car and didn't stick out enough. Of course, this is only if you have the diffuser :P Otherwise adjustable tips would be pretty useless I guess unless you severely damage them then replacing them might be easier.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Lexus IS350
Good call, didnt think about that. Ive been wanting to get the Karuma-Z CF diffuser but am unable to find it anywhere. I guess thats a good thing tho because I dont want the tips under the car like you mentioned.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Just installed the same system last Friday. Here's my .02 worth.

Only changes to extreme's review:
In cabin drone is a little excessive at low rpm's, but gets better above 2800. Above 2800 note turns exotic. Found if you stay in a lower gear than normal, with mellow driving cruising around city/town, drone is less and very livable. Cruising fwy/hwy speeds with little or no load, very nice and quiet. Can still use Blue Tooth in all situations as long as your foot doesn't have a lot of lead in it.

Only negative:
All 2006 coupes with RAS (Rear Active Steer) will have fitment issues.
Injen did not do any R&D on this exhaust with RAS systems.
The right side pipe hits the RAS servo which prevents correct height and angle placement. This also throws the placement of the right side Ti tip off center of where it should be.
Another concern is the RAS servo itself. With the exhaust pipe against the servo (rattles/vibration noise), this IMO exposes the servo to extreme heat well beyond the servos design. This could over time cause the servo to fail and most likely voild any factory warrany due to the high heat conditions.

Injen dropped the ball with us ppl who have Rear Active Steer.
BEWARE!!

click to enlarge
Review: Injen Ti Tip Track Edition True Dual Exhaust-injen-ras-servo-01.jpg

Review: Injen Ti Tip Track Edition True Dual Exhaust-injen-rt-side-off-center.jpg

Review: Injen Ti Tip Track Edition True Dual Exhaust-injen-exterior-view.jpg

Old 08-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ fitment looks s.hitty. no? they aren't center with the bumper cutouts.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Lexus IS350
RAS and the Injen dont cooperate with each other 100%. The fitment for the exahust system is off due to the RAS. I chose not to get the RAS even after driving a car with it as I felt it was not necessary and that it was just another thing to go wrong. Just MO tho

Old 08-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by sen_jen
^ fitment looks s.hitty. no? they aren't center with the bumper cutouts.
Agree...
It's only the right side tip that's off center. Left side is fine.
The pipe that hits the servo needs to go higher, equal with the left side (or have a different bend to account for that) which would, because of the angle in the bend, bring the tip to the left and would be centered.
Will be working on a solution / work-around soon.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Is this exhaust the same as the old Injen, aside from the TI tips?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Review: Injen Ti Tip Track Edition True Dual Exhaust