Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

XO2 Exhaust (Yes it fits your RAS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Littering and...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XO2 Exhaust (Yes it fits your RAS)

As the title states, I have RAS on my 2006 Coupe and yes it does fit fine. There is no rubbing or bouncing against the RAS mechanism. And yes, I put it on myself so I would know. So without further delay, the review.

Shipping: Dad called around 10:30 AM yesterday to say that it had been delivered. The box was beat to hell. There were giant holes all over the place. One of the saving graces was that the local FedEx driver actually taped the holes up for me. Good thing too because the bag holding the nuts, bolts, washers busted wide open and spilled all over the place. I ended up only losing one regular washer. So thank you local FedEx, F you CA and TX FedEx and whoever touched my package.

Exhaust outside of the car: There are a few blemishes, especially on the tips. The welds look top quality (had dad inspect, he owns his own machine shop and welding business). One thing strikes me, the passenger side tip was put on upside down. I mean come on Chinese assembly line Other than that, I wish they would have labelled the pieces and included an instruction set. I only wish this so that there would be no confusion at all. At first I had no idea where the extenders went. Did they go on the rear part of the exhaust or where? (BTW they go after y-pipe replacement ).

Exhaust under the car: I wasn't this frustrated when I put my headers on. The extenders were obviously botched. They basically could only go on one way and f'ing fit. Fitting wasn't the problem, fitting with both gaskets was the problem. I was getting extremely frustrated doing this to be honest with you. And like I said, when I did my headers I had 0 frustration. I think it is because I thought to myself, "This is an exhaust install, it should be piece of cake" whereas with the headers I thought "Holy **** everyone is making this out to be the hardest thing in the world I better take my time."

Exhaust now that it's on the car: To me, it sounds like pure sex. I have headers and test pipes and it is LOUD. If you don't want any cabin noise at cruising speed, do not do this combination. If you are going downhill or on a straight road, the noise isn't bad. But if you are going uphill, it is significantly louder than the stock. And the tips are too short. WTF was XO2 thinking? If you leave them where they are stock you are retarded imo. I will go back this weekend and drill new holes so that it looks normal.

I love the exhaust probably more because it got rid of my rasp from the headers + test pipes + stock exhaust. There probably is rasp but it's so GD loud, you can't tell.

Last edited by App6MT; 10-10-2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 10-10-2007, 07:57 AM
G-SMACK THIS
Glad Things Worked Out, Soon I Will Have Mine. Now I Know What I Am Getting Myself Into

Old 10-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Littering and...
Sure. I have clips of before with headers + test pipes + stock exhaust and then headers + test pipes. I didn't get a chance to do sound yet because I finished installing it so late.

I'll let you guys know when it's updated.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:17 PM
good review. my box also had a decent sized hole in it aswell, gotta love fedex. The packaging was pretty good though, so no damage came from it. I really didnt see any imperfections, or blemishes on the tips at all, which i was very happy to see. the tips look great, there actually an inch bigger then the stock exhaust tips (4")...so these 5 inchers look mean as hell like app said, the welds are all very well done, and the overall quality of this exhaust is fantastic.

I deifnitly didnt think i could handle this project on my own, so i brought it to an exhaust shop where there are actually installling it as i type this. hopefully they wont have any issues, with the extenders or gaskets like you mentioned above.
Im excited to get the car back, and ill definitly give the rest of my impressions later today

Last edited by jesse; 10-12-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:44 AM
nice review... but it's weird how every1 says the tips are too short
I got mine from Invision, and the tips stick out just right... definitely not too short

but you're right about the sound... pure sex! I really like this exhaust, and I think it's one of the best purchases I made for the car

Old 11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
it seems the quality and consistency of the XO2 is hit or miss, which makes sense since knock off producers probably don't spend too much money on quality control. glad to see you at least got one that fits and sounds right, but not everyone who has gotten one of these has had the same experience

Old 11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
rockd, you are the very first person i've heard of that hasn't had the short tip issue. mind taking a picture from the back pointed downwards?

Old 11-21-2007, 12:07 PM
G-SMACK THIS
I Have Rattling With Mine And Exhaust Leaks On Top Of That. I Am Suppose To Fix Them Tomorrow For The Second Time. Replacing All The Bolts With Better Ones. I Stripped 4 So Far. Grrrrr.

Last edited by ABNERG35; 11-21-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 300 Likes on 192 Posts
mine sit perfect aswell... I think I was one of the first people on the board to purchase the XO2.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:11 PM
G-SMACK THIS
Any Suggestions From Anyone Who Installed The Exhaust Themselves?

Old 11-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Received 300 Likes on 192 Posts
you can see it in the video... the tips sit where the stock ones did.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRU2CJc151E&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRU2CJc151E&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you need to post new vids with the backfires....
pop pop pop.... pop pop.. pop pop pop... POP!

Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
rockd, you are the very first person i've heard of that hasn't had the short tip issue. mind taking a picture from the back pointed downwards?
don't mind at all... my car's in the shop right now, but I'll take some pics once I get it back (should be sometime next week)

Originally Posted by Pepepr
mine sit perfect aswell... I think I was one of the first people on the board to purchase the XO2.
me too .... I was on the very first pre-order list for this exhaust

Old 11-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Pepepr
perfect is subjective. i wouldn't consider that perfect. they still appear to be tucked. just cause they sit where the stock ones did doesn't mean they're not tucked. but it's hard to tell from the video.

Last edited by Calvin; 11-21-2007 at 03:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: XO2 Exhaust (Yes it fits your RAS)