Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Invidia G200 exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 01:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 6MT
Arrow Invidia G200 exhaust

received my exhaust on monday and installed it today. from opening the box, the exhaust looked great. welds were nice, and the steel and titanium was shiny

for some facts, the pipes are a little less than 2in, and the tips are about the size of cd's/dvd's. the fitment was great, BUT, the exhaust does make slight contact with the underbody, just aft of the flex joint. you'll hear it rattle when you dip below 600rpm or so, just above stalling. but you won't hear it on bumps or under normal driving conditions (at least i couldn't, but i only drove for around 18 miles after installing). the exhaust tips stick out about 1/2in farther than stock. it screams for either an aftermarket rear bumper or skirt!

of course it includes all necessary hardware, EXCEPT for new nuts and gaskets where the exhaust meets the catalytics. i don't know if that was jus' my package of hardware, or if anyone else experienced this.

as for the sound, yes, there is a difference, a BIG difference. the stock exhaust tone is MUCH smoother, while this exhaust tone is throatier, more of a grumble, or fart. yes, i said it, fart. not the typical rice can fart, but yeah, a fart. a deep fart. it's very quiet when idling, or driving normally. there is no drone when throttle position is constant. but if you're on the freeway on 6th, and give it a little gas, you'll know it's there. it's not all that loud either.

it is a dual exhaust, no h,x,y-pipe or any other letter of the alphabet. i have not dyno'd yet, and the dyno that i do will not be very informative. i have also installed a crawford cast plenum since my last dyno, so the numbers won't reflect just the exhaust. but from the butt-dyno, i can't really tell yet. (jus' because i spent a lot of money on a mod, doesn't mean i'll feel a lot of power). maybe if i do an ecu reset and mash around town for a few minutes, i may feel the difference. but then again, would that jus' be the ecu reset, the exhaust, or both? i know this is probably the most important review, and sorry i couldn't provide more info.

all in all, it's a good buy. i got it for a great price, and it arrived rather quickly, and i'm pretty happy with it. i'll try to post pics and vids soon.

Last edited by n1cK; 04-28-2005 at 06:29 PM. Reason: no color!
Old 04-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damnit nick!!!

i wanted to get that exhaust, but didn't want to spend any more money. congrats man, and i can't wait to see it in person!!

where did you pick it up from?

Chad

Old 04-28-2005, 02:49 PM
G35 6MT
there's a deal goin' on right now from 350zforums.org for $839 shipped. it got to me in two business days (ordered on thursday, arrived on monday). i'll show ya'll at the next meet (hopefully).

Old 04-28-2005, 03:10 PM
congrats on the exhaust, i got mine last month, and i love it....

Old 04-28-2005, 03:58 PM
can you guys post some pics of it on your cars?

Thanks

Old 04-28-2005, 08:29 PM
n1cK

Hey Nick

1. No underbody contact here.

2. I didn't receive the Nuts or Gaskets for the cats either, I used the old ones. This is the second time I used them. The first was when I replaced the Cats with the Crawfords. Doug Stewart at Crawford told me that they are reusable and I should have no issues. I didn't. There is no leak anywhere in the system. Unlike the Borla's with their myriad of pieces of clamps, pipes and etc. This one is attached with flanges gaskets and bolts; The Right Way.

3. "H" Pipe. I'm having one welded in tomorrow. I checked with Invidia Corporate, and this is a true dual with no mingling in the muffler. Everything I've read about duals tells me there should be an "H" or "X" or something to equalize the system.

4. I have no Fart?? The idle is a nice rolling rumble. As you said, it's not too noisy at part throttle, and has no drone. At WOT, however, it wails. At least I think it does, it's hard to hear over the sound of my PopCharger, "Z" tube and Crawford plenum.

5. Stock exhaust Smoother?? Probably, because you're hearing the sound of all six clylinders being merged into one with the stock system. With this you're hearing the two banks separately, each coming from it's own pipe. I believe I will have that "smoother" tone you're speaking of once I install the "H". It wont be like stock, but both sides will mingle at the "H". But, IMO, it sounds great now..

As I indicated in my earlier post, I do feel more power, not like I felt from my cats or plenum, but there is more. All in all, I'm very glad I waited for this exhaust.

Lou

Old 04-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by protocav
can you guys post some pics of it on your cars?

Thanks
sorry protocav i would snap some pix of the exhaust for you but i dont have any access to a digi cam at the moment, maybe i can get one of my buddys to take a few for me, so i can post them for you. not unless nick beats me to it.

gg

Old 04-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Well, I had my "H" pipe welded in this morning. My Comments - This exhaust really needs it. The idle is now slightly softer and smoother sounding from the outside. At WOT it still wails. I felt no difference in the power output. The Big difference is - The system had a resonance that caused what I can best describe as a mildly lumpy idle. After the installation, that's all gone and the idle is smooth as glass. My coupe idles at about 750RPM with climate control on. The idle speed has not changed, but the resonance is gone as is that slightly loopy idle.

I'm still very happy with this exhaust, only more so with the addition of the "H" pipe.

Lou

Old 04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
G35 6MT
Arrow here you go!

ha ha twilightg35, beat you to it! here you go!

yeah it's blurry, OOPS!

while gettin' it aligned at evans...

another one at evans...

the pics i took of the rear and the side came out a little dark, so i'll probably have to retake those. but this should give you an idea. enjoy!

Last edited by n1cK; 04-29-2005 at 11:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-29-2005, 09:18 PM
G35 6MT
Question cool, h-pipe....

Originally Posted by lowrider
Well, I had my "H" pipe welded in this morning. My Comments - This exhaust really needs it. The idle is now slightly softer and smoother sounding from the outside. At WOT it still wails. I felt no difference in the power output. The Big difference is - The system had a resonance that caused what I can best describe as a mildly lumpy idle. After the installation, that's all gone and the idle is smooth as glass. My coupe idles at about 750RPM with climate control on. The idle speed has not changed, but the resonance is gone as is that slightly loopy idle.

I'm still very happy with this exhaust, only more so with the addition of the "H" pipe.

Lou
where did they install it, at the narrow point? did they jus' cut two holes in the other pipes, and weld another pipe straight across? i know the resonance that you're talkin' about, but it doesn't really have a "lumpy" idle for me. it's jus' when the exhaust makes contact with the underbody, then i hear the rattle

take some pics of the H-pipe if you get the chance. i'd like to see. oh, and thanks for bein' the first to cut up your exhaust like that. i hate bein' the guinea pig

Old 04-29-2005, 10:01 PM
WRAH
I hate the gay rainbow effect.....

Old 04-29-2005, 10:07 PM
G35 6MT
Originally Posted by WRAH
but it's purdy

Old 04-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by WRAH
How is this gay?

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 01-21-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Some pics. My H-Pipe, rear shot and my coupe. BTW, I checked the whole length of both pipes. Neither comes near the underbody. The system really is designed and fits very well. The only thing missing was the H-Pipe.

Lou

Attached Thumbnails Invidia G200 exhaust-h-pipe0.jpg   Invidia G200 exhaust-rear-invidia0.jpg   Invidia G200 exhaust-img_side-invidia.jpg  

Last edited by lowrider; 04-30-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by lowrider
Some pics. My H-Pipe, rear shot and my coupe. BTW, I checked the whole length of both pipes. Neither comes near the underbody. The system really is designed and fits very well. The only thing missing was the H-Pipe.

Lou
Lou

That set up looks clean. After looking at your PICS. I will also be adding an H-pipe.
IM sure it helps low end power a bit. IM glad I waited to order that exhaust also.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Invidia G200 exhaust