Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, don't get Ted angry, the skeletons will definitely come out. Great work though, I wish I had this info prior to ordering, I would have waited for the Stillen piece.

Shooter, good luck.

Old 06-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perfect example of why to ALWAYS use a major credit card when making any purchases, regardless of how small. Having Visa or Mastercard backing you is the best protection you can have.

For example, my Visa just busted Blockbuster for 5 months of monthly dues on my card that I never signed up for, and apparently I'm not alone they have had several similar claims recently.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:07 PM
It's not the critic......
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 06-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Holy Crap, I was considering on ordering items from them. I guess, not anymore.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Florida G35 Club
shooter, have you received your bracket yet? Thanks.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:53 PM
yep.........got it yesterday and installed it tonight.......i did not use the hood sensor bracket as it was too flimsy IMO.........i drilled a hole in the same wall near the bracket however.....there is a wire loom running right next to the bracket and i used the existing hole and opened it up.......my first test drive and nothing......i adjusted the damper and tried again........nothing......tomorrow i will try to adjust the damper some more, but i am almost at the end of the adjustment now........i am not impressed with the tiny little screw used to mount the curved bracket to the engine......sure looks like it will twist over time......

Old 06-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by shooter
yep.........got it yesterday and installed it tonight.......i did not use the hood sensor bracket as it was too flimsy IMO.........i drilled a hole in the same wall near the bracket however.....there is a wire loom running right next to the bracket and i used the existing hole and opened it up.......my first test drive and nothing......i adjusted the damper and tried again........nothing......tomorrow i will try to adjust the damper some more, but i am almost at the end of the adjustment now........i am not impressed with the tiny little screw used to mount the curved bracket to the engine......sure looks like it will twist over time......
Let me know how it turns out please. I am waiting till Thursday to get my bracket. I may have to get my card company involved. Take care.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:26 PM
still nothing here either.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Florida G35 Club
SLVRG35, when were you promised to have your bracket?

Old 06-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Everyones brackets should hit their houses today guys.

Thanks to SoCalTed and I hope you all can see this from your soap boxes the following incident occurred. Just so you know the reponsible parties the police did manage to trace you on the 3rd call so you will be getting contacted soon and I will press charges.

Someone called my house 2 nights ago and left a nasty message for me and my wife to get. Nothing crazy thought it was random.
Last night from 1-3am I get my calls again. This time they tell my wife that she deserves to die from cancer and that if it doesnt kill her they will.

Do members of this board really act like 10 year olds and say **** like this? Dont worry I am nearly departed from IPDG but no one deserves to be treated like that.

Starting 7/01/05 the new owners of IPDG will be in place and with the talks I have had the sweeping changes will be instant. These owners have the time to work hard for you devoid of the personal issues that have kept me back the last 14 months. I hope you all can give them a 2nd chance as we have some great parts coming out that no one else will be able to offer you.

If you guys need tracking for brackets email the350zforums@aol.com with your info.

Again I apologize for the past troubles and I wish you all the very best.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:06 PM
This will be my last formal post on the boards so bare with me I do tend to ramble:

I have been a member of this board as a vendor for Three years now. In that time many things have evolved for the 350/G35 and we have been there for them all. I have met many of you guys and girls and through happy and difficult times they have still been a great three years working for you.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer 14 months ago and it changed my life and how we live forever. The day I found out I shut my shop down and had to really focus on the import issues in life. Since I was pretty much a one man operation taking care of her meant that my IPDG companies had to suffer some. That meant a strong backlash from the public for not getting parts out on time BUT never failure to deliver.

The last year I felt like I had gotten the ship back into steady waters but my wifes condition took a turn for the worse again 4 months ago. I began looking for a replacement for me at the company so that last summers problems would not repeat themselves.

I have found such a replacement in Ryan Borderlon and Chris Cullum and they are now the proud owners of IPDG's 350zforums.org, EVO8.com, G35garage.com, 350zforums.com and many other sites that make up IPDG. They inherit my bodykit division, R&D parts and everything else that made us unique to the boards.

I chose these gentlemen because they are dedicated to one thing and one thing only: Your satisfaction on every order EVERYtime. They can work the long hours that is needed and they can field all the calls you make to us without delay. Where I couldnt be here they will, where they follow up better where I coud not and so on.

IF you have ever had a great experience with IPDG, its going to be better with these guys. IF you had a bad experience with them, show them the history and problem..they want to earn your business back AND they showed me how they'll make that worth while for you in terms of value for your dollar.

I depart the boards a little beaten down and a little upset by the actions of a few people that did some things on the personal front that will haunt me for a bit. Things said to me and my family that were unnecessary and very rude. I will remember the better times however and I look forward to seeing the evolution of this board as the years pass. I know many of you personally and to date have sent back and forth over 10,000 PM's on this board to over 1900 members!

In the end guys all you have is the love of your family when the day is done. I love my family dearly and I am doing only what is best for them. I think of many of you on this board the same exact way and my departure from the company I founded I think is the best thing. I am taking a job in the engineering field in August and with a little luck you'll all see my 350z on the boards and me chatting just as a member soon. I hope you all can forgive and forget, give the new guys a chance to shine like I know they will and most of all just be good to yourselves.

God Bless and take care,

David Stoner
former owner IPDG

Old 06-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by amg35
SLVRG35, when were you promised to have your bracket?
I never was promised at date of arrival, but my gf told me a fedex package came today from 350forums with something metal in it, so I assuming its the bracket. On the other hand, I'm still missing the rest.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:35 PM
amg35, slvrg35...........did you guys get ur brackets and torque dampers yet? how about installed? i made some more adjustments to mine this evening and will run the G tomorrow...........if it works better ill post how i adjusted the damper.....wish it came with some instructions and tips for optimum use........

just curious what ur thoughts are on the product...jury is still out for me.....but i can now install the engine cover after i made a cut with a dremel so it looks good.........ill post a few pics tomorrow

Old 06-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Florida G35 Club
shooter, I finally received my bracket (not sent overnight as promised again). I haven't had the opportunity to install yet. Please post your pics. Do you feel the bracket that holds the hood sensor is strong enough to support the damper? Thanks

Old 06-26-2005, 07:22 PM
amg35.......after inspecting the hood sensor bracket, IMO it is too flimsy for the damper.....ducatiguy confirms that the bracket will hold up to everyday use....but i think the whole idea of the torque damper is to have a solid base for the engine to torque against.....if you grab the hood bracket you can see it flex......therefore i opened the hole where the wire loom was anchored.....used a 7/16 inch drill bit....reached under the fender to attach the nut......and attached the one end to the fender wall.........i also notched the engine cover to allow the curved bracket some room on the other end.........used a dremel cutter....

in the last pic you can see that i have adjusted the knurled nut all the way into the body.....this seemed to tighten the assembly up.....but the eye bolt is adjusted out to give the engine some "pre-torque"........there was a sequence i had to follow to get this adjusted along with the curved bracket.....i still don't know if this did any good or not...we had a thunderstorm this afternoon and couldnt get out for a spirited ride yet.....hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails 350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper-dsc02565.jpg   350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper-dsc02567.jpg   350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper-dsc02568.jpg   350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper-dsc02570.jpg  

Last edited by shooter; 12-18-2005 at 07:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper