Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 01:54 PM
It's not the critic......
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy 350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper

I started this thread to communicate my frustration with 350zForums...

I am usually a patient guy and understand sh$t happens, but to sell a part without installation instructions and/or have no knowledge of how to install the part I find frustrating.........

I received the part on May 28, paid for overnight shipping, and its still sitting on the floor after 2 weeks.....of course it must be an easy install, but it is not intuitive from the website picture and the bracket I have.........

the first 2 pics are the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper installed on a G.....notice the "J" shaped bracket painted black

the second pic shows what I received in the mail.....am i crazy or does this bracket look different from the installed bracket?

also I went to my350z.com and found this thread........

http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126577

Attached Thumbnails 350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper-website-pic.jpg   350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper-forum-pic.jpg   350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper-dsc02489.jpg  

Last edited by shooter; 12-18-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No tech support? That sucks! Maybe they gave you the parts for the Z instead? Just shows you, there's lots of crappy companies out there!

Old 06-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered mine on the 27th and still haven't received it.

Old 06-11-2005, 09:12 PM
ckg35.....i suggested this as well and they said quote......"no such thing as Z bracket. These only are made for G35 coupes. Z guys have to have parts made to fit."

i think you can see my confusion when you compare the above install pics to the bracket i received (both the install pics above are from previous threads here on g35driver).......they wont explain why they are different, in fact they wont acknowledge they are different.........

slvrg35.......maybe you can let me know if you figure it out huh? it may be something really dumb that i am missing (i hope so cause i really want to get this mod on the car).....but after 2 weeks of waiting for any type of instruction........i dont see how

Old 06-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by shooter
ckg35.....i suggested this as well and they said quote......"no such thing as Z bracket. These only are made for G35 coupes. Z guys have to have parts made to fit."

i think you can see my confusion when you compare the above install pics to the bracket i received (both the install pics above are from previous threads here on g35driver).......they wont explain why they are different, in fact they wont acknowledge they are different.........

slvrg35.......maybe you can let me know if you figure it out huh? it may be something really dumb that i am missing (i hope so cause i really want to get this mod on the car).....but after 2 weeks of waiting for any type of instruction........i dont see how
There are a few guys here that have installed this type of part.
One is Copbait and the other is Sickone. IM not a fan of this install.
Best of luck to you. P

Old 06-11-2005, 09:32 PM
thanks Gee Pasta............but copbait and sickone installed the stillen damper...........unfortunately the stillen is still unavailable (been waiting for almost 2 months) they are on backorder waiting for a part..........

if the stillen part becomes available and 350zforums cant get their act together by then.........i'll ship it back and go stillen.........

Old 06-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered on on May 25th and still haven't seen it. I called and was told there was a mailing mix-up, but I would get it for a weekend install. Weekend is here and no damper. Time to cancel and get my credit back. This is absolutely the wrong way to treat a customer. Good luck to everyone.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:15 AM
I got mine in on Friday. First, I thought that they sent me the wrong part, and I PM David right away. In the feedback,I even got that he confirmed the parts he sent to me are right, but he did not mention about instruction. It is Satuday,so,I have to phone him on Monday next week. I spent a whole day to imangine where I should mount the triangle metal piece. Well, I think it should be mounted on the strut tower of pessenger side, but I have to cut wires in order to do so. I was really frustrated today. I got headers and test pipe from David before. I was serviced nicely and rapidly recieved my part after placed my order. I wish it is an inccident this time.

Last edited by acerys; 06-12-2005 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:33 AM
mystery solved (thx Moog).........i got the mazda rx-7 bracket......now time to contact 350zforums and see what they are going to do.......

http://www.topspeedauto.com/ProductC...&idproduct=329

Last edited by shooter; 06-12-2005 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:02 PM
i found a pic on ebay of the mazda rx-7 engine torque damper.....

i didn't get the curved bracket tho.....only the angled one

acerys is this what you received as well?

Attached Thumbnails 350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper-mazda-rx-7-engine-torque-damper.jpg  

Last edited by shooter; 12-18-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:39 PM
I got everything in the pic but the curved bracket

Old 06-12-2005, 04:29 PM
GSQUAD
Thumbs down

figures

Old 06-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Old 06-18-2005, 03:27 AM
OK.. back in the day I used to be a skiptracer... so when i read crap like this is going on, it makes me wanna do a little digging. Seems to have the same MO over the last 4 years. He starts out with GB's and everybody loves him. Then he runs into some problems mfg fulfillment, shipping issues, or partner problems. Then all hell breaks loose and nobody gets anything and folks end up not liking him.

Dave Stoner
Home address: 8475 Muirwood Trail, Ft. Worth TX.
Hm# (817) 514-8906

I pdg
North Richland Hills, TX 76180

Import Performance Development Group
5900 HUDDLESTON
FORT WORTH, TX
UPHOLSTERY CUSTOM & ORIGINAL
The BBS processed one customer complaint on this company since the Bureau file opened in May 2004. It was closed more than 12 months ago. This complaint concerned Customer Service Issues. It was closed as Resolved.

AKA: Showcarparts.com
ALFRED FAUBION, PRES
MGR DAVID STONER
AUTO REPAIR & SERVICE
3501 Sycamore School Rd. #125, PMB 316
817-263-5599
FORT WORTH, TX

(NETSOL reports this website registered to "David Faubion" Guess there was a Jr/Sr. Faubion involved.) On the Eclipse forum, there was a ton of drama about the 2 Dave's. Got tired reading it, especially as what's going on now sound very familiar. Still not sure if he was taking over the company, or was letting it go?

The BBB received 7 complaints against this company during it's three year reporting period.

These complaints concerned: Customer Service Issues (6) Delivery Issues (1)
They were closed as: Resolved (6) Unresolved (1) Of the total complaints in 36 months, 0 closed in the last year.

Seems that David went thru a bit of trouble when he was taking over showcarparts.com from Faubion??? Read this --- and some more Sound a little familiar??? Going back nearly 4 years, he has a 51% rating of Bad Guy on EclipseForums

IPDG DBA: evo8.com
1-888-220-8015

(interesting.. when you do a who is, this account shows "locked" and all the contact info shows as: RegisterFly.com Risk Department Fraud Recovery Fraud@registerfly.com)

aka www.G35garage.com <=== site suspended

Back in 2001, he had a business called:
Speed and Sound Solutions in Ft Worth located at: 7511 Grapevine hwy
Doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Anyway, I'm tired and going to bed. I'll let you all digest these links and make a decision for yourselves.

Cheers, Ted

(p.s. you won't find me buying anything from him)

Last edited by SoCalTed; 06-18-2005 at 03:45 AM.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:06 AM
thx socalted for spending the time to gather all this info.............

people make mistakes all the time but this guy is making more than his share......it took him 3 weeks to admit there was a mistake in our orders, so for 3 weeks our frustration levels build....then he announces on the forum he will overnight the correct brackets and then no communication!? (no answer to my emails or slvg35 phone calls) i have had enough of this guy and will be sending my parts back for a refund and i will go for the shipping charges as well (i paid overnight shipping a month ago for this part)........BBB here i come..........oh and i will never order parts from 350zforums again

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 350zForums and the Pro-1 Engine Torque Damper