San Diego G35 Club GTG

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomas J
page has been deleted sorry again just wanted to help guess i failed.
That's cool man, I guess things can not be organized... Don't know what's the purpose of having a SDGZ "club" on my car... signing up for a meet three weeks before, cancel plans with my family or asking for the day off at work because I'm attending to a meet.... and 5 days before the meet it gets cancel ....oh well at least I'm having fun working on my other car.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay so, are we still going to make a FB page for SDGz's(my fault it said SD grandz club was a type error)? I can make it if we still want one just need permission from the founders of the club I guess, my fault didn't know there were any(nobody at the meets really said, hey I am the founder).
-Thomas

Old 01-23-2011, 06:19 PM
dnt give up guys.......theres a lot of days....right now just wrong timing......if no meet that doesn't mean we can't hang and fix our cars......on somebody's garage hahahhaha........i dnt have one since i live in apt........

Old 01-23-2011, 06:20 PM
i still want one on FB....

Old 01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
I am pretty sure i am spelling this wrong but i was looking for at the Vorteck. But SC is last on my list. Right now i am going to be working on the interior of the car when i get money. i can only work so fast, with the little money i make.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
why don't we try and get meets again going on G35Driver before we go Facebook status? meet season is just getting warmed up, a lot of the guys that have been around only really want to go to legit meets/events where they'll see something good. i understand when you're new, you just wanna get together and start getting ideas and advice. so i'm not tryin' to cut down your motivation, just tryin' to focus our efforts. it doesn't help that our founder/president is MIA and the other Co-Vice Pres moved to the East Coast either. here's the rebuild plan...

Step 1: continue to gather at local established meets(Cars & Coffee, Race Legal, Palomar runs, SoCal Euro, Wrong Fitment Crew, etc...). create a thread in SD section dedicated to meets and posting current events and sign up rosters.

Step 2: at said meets take pics, shoot vids, and just start creating momentum around SD again

Step 3: establish a monthly SDGz specific meet, at said meet establish who lives in the same areas and possible start up bi-weekly mini meets for North and South Counties. get SD organized...

Step 4: show up in large numbers to established SoCal events(Stillen Day, Official SoCal VQ BBQ, Riverside Infiniti Meet/Show, Sedan Showcase, Spectrum Meets, etc...). rep SDGz hard...

Step 5: setup a massive Official SDGz team photo shoot, create a thread w/club member pics and info. update as needed, consider going Facebook status.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:31 PM
you can always take over can't you? well, for the east coast guy.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Oh well, I won't be around until September anyway so I won't be able to enjoy any of the meets anyway.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:36 PM
well, i know they go out to eat on thursdays. Maybe you can go to that one.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:50 PM
like i said, i understand the new guys are all hungry to meet. it just take's time.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
why don't we try and get meets again going on G35Driver before we go Facebook status? meet season is just getting warmed up, a lot of the guys that have been around only really want to go to legit meets/events where they'll see something good. i understand when you're new, you just wanna get together and start getting ideas and advice. so i'm not tryin' to cut down your motivation, just tryin' to focus our efforts. it doesn't help that our founder/president is MIA and the other Co-Vice Pres moved to the East Coast either. here's the rebuild plan...

Step 1: continue to gather at local established meets(Cars & Coffee, Race Legal, Palomar runs, SoCal Euro, Wrong Fitment Crew, etc...). create a thread in SD section dedicated to meets and posting current events and sign up rosters.

Step 2: at said meets take pics, shoot vids, and just start creating momentum around SD again

Step 3: establish a monthly SDGz specific meet, at said meet establish who lives in the same areas and possible start up bi-weekly mini meets for North and South Counties. get SD organized...

Step 4: show up in large numbers to established SoCal events(Stillen Day, Official SoCal VQ BBQ, Riverside Infiniti Meet/Show, Sedan Showcase, Spectrum Meets, etc...). rep SDGz hard...

Step 5: setup a massive Official SDGz team photo shoot, create a thread w/club member pics and info. update as needed, consider going Facebook status.

Yes I agree with you, but there are multiple sites that people are part of and not all know of driver or come on here often. If we just sent them to a FB page that had all the info about SDGz's and the meets coming up there would be no confusion or "LOST LIST'S" on who were attending and when the meets were happening, IMO it would be very organized and easy to find for new and old members. I may be new here but have been part of clubs and meets for a long time and I also run my own club so it isn't my first time, if the president is MIA then some one must take over to organize and make SDGz's stay alive and grow. I also understand the weather and season is not right for massive meets and a lot of activity, but at least we can be prepared for the up coming months. So when we do attend Big meets and shows like the one coming up in feb at del-mar or Wekfeast(sp). We have cards with the correct info on them for people to see what we are about. I guess IMO i think a facebook page would be best for all G and Z owners to view instead of a certain forum base on just G35's.

This is just my opinion and it seems some others agree with me, I do not want to start any trouble just voicing my opinion, i realize i have no say in what the club does. Also i am not basing my views off of the last meet, just for clarity in general.
-Thomas

Last edited by Thomas J; 01-23-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm not in any hurry to go to any meet. Myself and Mr. Slow suggested this because it's a pain in the behind to get the other G37 guys to attend our events because it's not easy to coordinate across forums. I'm saying this based on like 6 months experience with our group. Anyway, I don't really care, it was just a suggestion.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:05 PM
if we need a Facebook page to get a 10 car meet together then there's no point. it's just a bunch of guys w/similar cars running into each other at other people's meets.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
SDGz is just a sticker to a lot guys out here. i'm talking about re-establishing SDGz, not just making it more convenient to find out about meets.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
anyways, if any of you are looking for parts, Lawrence from Strafe works in SD. he commutes in a truck, he wanted me to let you guys know that he's willing to do "under the table" deliveries for all the SD guys for pretty much out of the way gas money. let me know if anyone's lookin' for special pricing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: San Diego G35 Club GTG