SDG's cruise to Stillen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

This is the Altima BEAST! And it comes equipped with 2 baby seats!!

And these are the riders (some of my favorite people I've met since moving to cali!) Semper Fi!

Old 05-22-2008, 01:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Am still not impressed without seeing a graph

Old 05-22-2008, 03:02 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
^^^ damn MR VORTECH HAHAHHA.... he is a marine...pretty sure taht ish has to be quick hahah

Old 05-22-2008, 03:36 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
that's how we roll, hahahaha

Old 05-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
Am still not impressed without seeing a graph

doesnt matter if you arent impressed. He'll rape your S/Ced G any day of the week. all a dyno is graph is gonna prove is what he puts to the wheels. Unless you go TT, you dont stand a chance

Old 05-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by importroller
doesnt matter if you arent impressed. He'll rape your S/Ced G any day of the week. all a dyno is graph is gonna prove is what he puts to the wheels. Unless you go TT, you dont stand a chance
yeah, no. FF for the Fail!!! The graph will tell me he isn't bullshting you/us with his claimed numbers lol. I don't need to go TT to pull out decent hp out of the votech. There is a lot of growth with the kit, which is why I decided to go with it. Give me a couple of months and I'll be at 400whp easily.

Originally Posted by O HELLA JDM
^^^ damn MR VORTECH HAHAHHA.... he is a marine...pretty sure taht ish has to be quick hahah
what does him being a marine have to do with anything?

Old 05-22-2008, 02:40 PM
i dunno im over it.... hahhahah

Old 05-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Im guessing this is the first Supercharged car you've ever dealt with. I used to build turbo'd cars for a living. and you are VERY Limited with a supercharger. and dont think FF vs FR is really that big of a deal when it comes to just power. if you really think about it, FF can covert engine power to the ground better than FR, but FR is WAY more agile and fun to drive...Remember, I have both!!! Im not saying his car is over 400whp as a guess, I worked at the shop that built it, and spoke to the tech that dynoed it. Ill try to find a graph for you, but there is a reason why most people who supercharge their G's/Zs almost all switch to turbo! you MIGHT hit 400whp on the SC, with some tuning and more upgraded parts, he does that with just upping the boost a little bit. I know on low boost he's at about 350-370whp for daily driving. so far the only pic I can find is when the kit was first done on the smaller turbo he's now on a turbonetics T60-1 I believe instead of the TO4E Turbo.

This was back in 2004. car has had a few upgrades since then which is what put him over 400whp. Ill try to find the info for you. Ill ask him later for more details to the current setup. I maybe wrong on some of the info, but I'll try to get confirmation

Last edited by importroller; 05-23-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:00 PM
^^ 348 to the wheels is still pretty damn good

Old 05-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree with shawn about the TT/SC difference. I will go straight to TT when I go forced induction. Having one snail means that your peak power is just that PEAK power. With a TT you will have more power through a wider range. That is better for driving/racing.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Im guessing this is the first Supercharged car you've ever dealt with.
Wrong. I supercharged my 96 trans am (my first car in high school). Then I had a 450 whp Z32. I do all of my car work myself (except for now because I don't have a garage or car buddies that are good enough with FI here in SD that could help me with my SC install. However, When it comes to knowledge base on tuning and cars I am pretty well versed.

I used to build turbo'd cars for a living. and you are VERY Limited with a supercharger.
NOT true. This used to be the case but it isn't with the various kits and options available for the G and Z. There are tons of extra blowers, pulleys, intercoolers, meth injection, etc. 500 whp with a built motor is about as far as you can go with it but for me it is cost effective because I would be stupid iand crank up the boost with a turbo right now.

and dont think FF vs FR is really that big of a deal when it comes to just power.
No, but it makes a huge difference when getting the power down, handling, and tire wear. The altima chasis more than likely cannot handle that much power without risking breaking quite a few things

if you really think about it, FF can covert engine power to the ground better than FR,
wrong, this is why FR cars always have the advantage at launch

but FR is WAY more agile and fun to drive...Remember, I have both!!! Im not saying his car is over 400whp as a guess, I worked at the shop that built it, and spoke to the tech that dynoed it.
Dude, I'm just playing with you, don't be worried. His car is already more powerful than mine lol. I'm just teasing you bro

Ill try to find a graph for you, but there is a reason why most people who supercharge their G's/Zs almost all switch to turbo!
Most G and Z people don't have clear modding goals. Also, most don't do enough research and just jump on the first good deal they find. It's also partly due to the tuners these people use who do not get enough information from their customers to make sure that they are satisfied enough with the result. However, with an unbuilt motor you will get pretty much the same gains out of a SC setup compared to a really any turbo setup besides the powerlab and the new SFR single turbo kits.

you MIGHT hit 400whp on the SC, with some tuning and more upgraded parts, he does that with just upping the boost a little bit.
I am also running stock, and regardless it will be more reliable for daily use and the amount of torture I put my car under. It isn't hard to hit 400 whp with my kit. I should be able to do it for less than another $2k spent without meth. Just with meth only and a smaller pulley the previous owner of my kit was making 413 whp.

I know on low boost he's at about 350-370whp for daily driving.
He should be at 400 during normal driving. 25 whp isn't that big of a difference. Most guys use "Low" and "HIgh" boost setting usually when there is a 100 hp difference between the two settings or higher.

so far the only pic I can find is when the kit was first done on the smaller turbo he's now on a turbonetics T60-1,
The T60-1 turbo is the same turbo from the turbonetics kit which is limited at reallly 400 whp. This is one of the reasons why many TN guys switch to a TT setup and build their motor.

This was back in 2004. car has had a few upgrades since then which is what put him over 400whp. Ill try to find the info for you. Ill ask him later for more details to the current setup. I maybe wrong on some of the info, but I'll try to get confirmation
No worries man. I was just teasing you. I will talk with him the next time I see him to get the low down on his setup. Thanks for the info. I won't attempt to race this guy until I do a few little tweaks lol.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by O HELLA JDM
^^ 348 to the wheels is still pretty damn good
Especially at the dyno shop. The dyno's they use there read super low.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
wow, all i did was compliment his car..

Old 05-23-2008, 08:05 PM
hahahah his car is bad ***....

Old 05-23-2008, 09:48 PM
I wasnt taking any of it personal. Its not my car, just wanted to educate you abit. A lot of people dont realize what the FF Altima is capable of, or even the maxima when its boosted. ANd honestly, the average G/Z community is pretty stuck on themselves and think nothing can touch them when it comes to performance. Luckily most of the people i've met personally arent that way, and are actual enthusiasts, not a bunch of whiny kids.

this is another altima they did, this one is at 8psi 374whp
http://www.speedforceracing.com/videos/Altima.wmv

Last edited by importroller; 05-23-2008 at 10:02 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SDG's cruise to Stillen