SFL G CLUB South Florida G35's + G37's

New To Fourms Just wanted to say whats Up! Check Out the PICs!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010 | 10:07 AM
|
New To Fourms Just wanted to say whats Up! Check Out the PICs!

Hey Guys I'm new to the Forms just wanted to say whats Up, Im all stock now just waiting till income tax to put some work in! Any suggestions?

Old 12-15-2010 | 10:44 AM
Welcome, are you located in South Florida?

Wow bone stock G35, so many things you can do!

You have to decide if you want to focus on changing the looks or performance first.
Debadging the back, adding an used Z Tube, installing a Plenum Spacer (a couple of hundred bucks), Painting the grill/rear diffuser, Clear corners are all cheap/easy intro things that will start you off the right way.

Using the SEARCH feature will also help you, and stop you from being flamed by asking the same questions that new owners usually have.

Congrats on the new (to you ) car, I'm sure you'll love it.

Old 12-15-2010 | 11:21 AM
|
Hey Thanks for the reply, I'm in Pembroke Pines I Kinda wanted to check out and see what other Mods People have , B4 I go blow my money on some Junk lol but here Is the list of the Things I wanted to do, I was hoping somebody knew a place where I could get parts in Miami...or Broward, well here is the List Of mods I hope to do

Plenum Spacer by Skunk 2
Intake Manifold by Moterdyne
Headers
Test Pipes
Catback Exhaust (I'm hoping they all come with a y Pipe But I would sill like to keep that G35 Sound )
Z-Tube with K&N Drop In
Ecu (the one where you can change the programs on I'm not to sure what its called)
Sway Bars Under and over
Thinking about dropping it but I'm not to sure it can be bad for your tires I herd

If you have anything that u think u could adds to get some HP with out throwing Turbo In in Please let me know

Thanks for the Welcome!!!!!

Old 12-15-2010 | 11:25 AM
|
O yea forgot about the brakes most likely putting some Slotted roter with hawk pads, I font have the Brembo brakes, So is it worth dropping those in there or just geting the pads and roters?

Old 12-15-2010 | 11:35 AM
Nice looking coupey! Happy modding!

Old 12-15-2010 | 03:52 PM
Wink

Well like previously mentioned... you first need to pick which route to take... Performance or Looks? With some MODs you can achieve both at the same time. For example I went strictly Performance at first and later on found MODs that technically achieve both when done properly like https://g35driver.com/forums/sfl-g-c...cent-mods.html (Suspension and Wheels)

Once you decide on which to work on then the next question is... example

If Looks:

Simple Clean Look:
MODs that are just small touches to enhance the look of an already nice ride. (De-badge, Clear Corners, Tints, Lights, Diffusers, Painting or changing the Grill, Lip Kit... ect)

or

Bring on the MODs: You basically want to change the complete appearance of the ride to reflect either an aggressive look or a super clean look. Obviously this include complete Body Kits or Mix and Matching Front/Rear Bumpers, Side Skirts Trunk Lid...ect

If Performance MODs:

Naturally Aspirated (NA) (Cold Air Intakes, Ztube/K&N Combo, Plenum Spacer, Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated or Non-Res Test Pipes, Under Drive Pulleys, Headers, Exhaust, Valve Springs, Cams, ECU MODs Like Osiris or Piggy Backs Like Utec... ect)

or

Forced Induction (FI) (Turbos, Super Charger or NOS)

If you want to save a crap load of money in the future... do your research and really decide between NA or FI because NA MODs for the most part will not transfer over to FI. I made this mistake already as I now plan to go FI. We can thank APSMike for this recent change of heart...LOL

Last edited by Drako; 12-15-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-15-2010 | 05:17 PM
Welcome. Save your money and get yourself a good FI setup. You won't regret it. Besides, now we need another sleeper in the club.

Old 12-15-2010 | 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by APSMike
Welcome. Save your money and get yourself a good FI setup. You won't regret it. Besides, now we need another sleeper in the club.
What you guys consider sleeper? Cuz ill paint my FMIC if need be LOL

+1 to Drako. Definitely plan ahead. Saves you thousands.

Old 12-15-2010 | 06:31 PM
welcome to the spot bro. Nice ride

Old 12-15-2010 | 06:33 PM
Welcome to driver

Old 12-15-2010 | 07:01 PM
Hold The Line
Premier Member
Welcome to Driver

Old 12-15-2010 | 10:59 PM
|
First of all I would like to say thanks to you all for the welcome!!!!

Second Drako your recent monds look Sick !!!!!!
Its Like I'm embarrassed to even post pic's from now on lol!
Looks like I have some real thinking to do/ because I would like to drop in a twin turbo (in the future) but at the same time I would like a nice looking ride (like Drako ) but I didn't know that most of the modes I wanted would not work with a Turbo Smh!

True rookie mistake =)

With that being said The 1st thing at had will be performance, but I am reconsidering the turbo I was doing the math and it looks like its gonna cost me 5k+ which is not in my budget I'm looking to spend the max of $2,500 - $3,500 next month or Feb, (income tax lol)

but I was wondering do u run threw tires quicker after u lower it? b/c I dont want to run into that issue

Old 12-15-2010 | 11:04 PM
|
By the way Looks like I'm going with NA Mods! I'm hearing that ppl get a lot of issues with the turbo plus i go to school in Boca (FAU) so this is like my every day car smh (I need to pick up civic )

Old 12-15-2010 | 11:05 PM
|
Originally Posted by APSMike
will give it some thought, I would like to meet up sometime, PM me to let me know when the next meet is please!

Old 12-15-2010 | 11:06 PM
Welcome aboard mate!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New To Fourms Just wanted to say whats Up! Check Out the PICs!