Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

My newest creation - 9" Android with factory climate control board

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 10:16 AM
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
1990 Mustang GT - 351W Lightning bored/stroked 383CI TFS heads 78mm Turbonetics huricane
My newest creation - 9" Android with factory climate control board

Hey guys!

I had a friend drop his 2005 G35x off to me with a bad radio so his climate control was also non functional. Me having a soft spot for these cars took the job on. I thought some of you might appreciate this install.

I have had this idea for a loooong time but android radios were pretty crappy back in the day. Now you can get a eight core 9" android radios in the $100 range that boots super fast and has no lag. This setup uses your factory bezel, AC control board, and radio cage. I have to modify the factory control board and also make the flush mount adapters to sandwich the radio to the factory bezel.

The only thing I would like to do is make or modify a stubby shift **** to have it out of the way when in park. It looks like about 1" of the button post can be hacked off and the **** is quite a bit higher than it needs to be. I think M35 / M45 ***** are quite a bit lower.

Edit: Another thing I would like to do: The steering wheel call buttons between the volume and channel are not normal resistive but dead short to line 1 and line 2. Some day I would like to remove the switches and change that so they are addressable with the android radios.

Let me know what you think and if you have any improvement ideas!

Last edited by scumbagsleeper; Today at 10:23 AM.
Old Today, 12:50 PM
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Very nice! I've wanted to do something like this for a long time but am just not that ambitious any more. Just keeping all the 2 wheel and 4 wheel jalopies rolling is all I can manage. Assume this is for the Bose version? Or the non-bose version? Can't be both, right?

Old Today, 12:55 PM
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
1990 Mustang GT - 351W Lightning bored/stroked 383CI TFS heads 78mm Turbonetics huricane
Either one. This install was on a bose equipped car.