General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Engine overheating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today | 02:50 PM
|
g35 coupe
Engine overheating

Hi everyone,

My first post thanks to my engine heating. While driving after making a fews stops, my engine gauge went up and my car started overheating. I pulled over and shut the engine off. I started losing a considerable amount of antifreeze that will have to be replaced. I left the hood ajar and started to drive again due to letting the engine cool off. I didn't get far when the temperature gauge shot up again. Then while driving, suddenly the temperature went down to half way point and then slowly went up again. By then i was home and parked. Today i went out and started the car and everything seems find. I checked to see if the fans are working and they do by turning on the A/C. The fuses checked good and well the fans are working. Has anyone had a similar problem or idea of what happened? I plan on driving it around to see if it does it again and maybe this time i can check to see if the fans were working at the time. Thank you for your time.