Socal G's Back To School Cruise On The Sunset Strip!!!!! Sept 16, 2006

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kinda glad to hear that i didnt have to get lost and the cruise was badly organized...

I HAD FUN AT DISNEYLAND. lol

jk.. cant wait for the next cruise/meet.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a video comp that I put together late last night.
Nothing too special. Wish I had more clips of us driving, but it was kinda dark.

See you all at the next meet!

artie

Old 09-18-2006, 04:37 AM
craaaazy!

Old 09-18-2006, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by g_love35
Here's a video comp that I put together late last night.
Nothing too special. Wish I had more clips of us driving, but it was kinda dark.

Sunset Strip Cruise - 09.16.06

See you all at the next meet!

artie

Very nice video and very nice editing . That video looked more fun to be in than the actual one.

That car accident on H. Hughes basically wrecked our cruise--its the major cause of stop and go traffic on the 405.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Damm. cant believe i missed this... im on vacation here in cal. and im staying at the Dolphin cove resort... thats not to far from me either... I dont have my g with me its back home in upstate ny.. booo hooo.... but this state is the g35 state... everywhere i look I see one... back home its like a bigfoot watch to find a G35 coupe,...

Old 09-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dreamweaver
Damm. cant believe i missed this... im on vacation here in cal. and im staying at the Dolphin cove resort... thats not to far from me either... I dont have my g with me its back home in upstate ny.. booo hooo.... but this state is the g35 state... everywhere i look I see one... back home its like a bigfoot watch to find a G35 coupe,...

Where in Upstate are you from? Fellow NYker here..

Old 09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was really cool to see all the cars over at the stadium, but the cruise itself kind of sucked. It was a nice idea to get all us together, thanks onyx

Old 09-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Ali Baba and the 40 G's
Originally Posted by dreamweaver
LOL!! Yes, especially in SoCal you will see many enthusiast. If you come back out let us know and some one in the area can scoop you up and take you to the meet. At any rate have fun back at home with your ride!

Onyx

Old 09-18-2006, 01:06 PM
hmmmm maybe it would have been a good idea to split the group into two smaller groups with two different leaders both on a set route together ... and also have walkie talkies for the leader, one car in the middle and another at the ends of the two separate groups as well ... could manage a cruise a LOT easier then ... i used to have a Mazda6 and that's what we used ot do on Mazda cruises ...

Old 09-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Hi all!

That was a cool meet, but as for the cruise...

g_love35, that was me in the front of you that you were recording in the begining. My bad i had to cut out early, but the gf was getting p/o cause of the traffic and we had other plans to attend too. Great meet none the less!

Old 09-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Ali Baba and the 40 G's
Originally Posted by EicarG351
hmmmm maybe it would have been a good idea to split the group into two smaller groups with two different leaders both on a set route together ... and also have walkie talkies for the leader, one car in the middle and another at the ends of the two separate groups as well ... could manage a cruise a LOT easier then ... i used to have a Mazda6 and that's what we used ot do on Mazda cruises ...

Excellent idea! The first cruise to Laguna was about 30 cars and that was a challenge even though we just went from Anaheim to Laguna. We pulled that off. However, I think you are right in that we have to get team leaders for big cruises like that and split up. Also, I learned my lesson about night cruises and also about directions. Couldn't do anything about the traffic. Live and learn

Onyx

Last edited by ONYX_FX; 09-18-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Ali Baba and the 40 G's
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
+1,000,000,000!!!

I watched football all day which is why I haven't chimed in yet (my 'Boys just kicked Washington's *** btw 8)). Anyways, last night's cruise was a joke. Sorry but there is no 2 ways about it. I fell a little bit behind the main pack and by the time I was able to get into the open, everyone was gone. Peggy and I were scratching our head's trying to figure out how we just lost a pack of G's/Z's. We missed the transition onto the 605. So we ended up cruising alone all the way to Sunset when we finally ran into a few other G's that also got lost and had to cruise alone. This cruise was very disorganized and what should have been an awesome night was nothing but frustrating. Luckily I live in Hollywood or it would have been worse. Hai's rules for a cruise are right on. The way we did it for the Labor Day cruise was a perfect example of the way it should be done. Props to shirog35 (Bobby) for organizing and leading that cruise. Him and I lead the cruise and if he or I saw that the pack got seperated or caught at a light, we slowed down or pulled over. We kept a steady pace and never just took off without regard for the rest of the pack behind us. Also having a designated person at the back of the pack updating the front is also a great idea. Needless to say, last nights cruise was fun for a whole 10-15 minutes. Next time we need to have more than one person organize the cruise, have a planned route printed out and handed out to everyone and stick to it. The point of a cruise is to be able to cruise together as a pack and enjoy the experience and site of all those G's/Z's together. That didn't happen last night . . . .

Sorry to you and MissHustler for being left out. I feel like giving you guys a hug or somethin'... . You can be a team leader the next time we roll that deep as we will have to split the group. Since things seem to be getting bigger I hope you will take me up on that. It's true..I lackthe experience on the big cruises so your expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have taken notes and promise that the next cruise will be more organized and just as exciting (barring any traffic delays)!

The next one you definitely don't want to miss....if you are not on the email list then PM Me ....I will notify the list first and get advice and suggestions. Then I will post it on the forums.

Onyx

Old 09-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
^^^Hey Onyx, put me on the list too for the next cruise, please.

If it weren't for my birthday being that day, I would of rolled out. Peace.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Ali Baba and the 40 G's
What's up homie!

Originally Posted by Gammawolf
^^^Hey Onyx, put me on the list too for the next cruise, please.

If it weren't for my birthday being that day, I would of rolled out. Peace.
PM Me with your email address and I will put you on the master list.

Old 09-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ONYX_FX
Sorry to you and MissHustler for being left out. I feel like giving you guys a hug or somethin'... . You can be a team leader the next time we roll that deep as we will have to split the group. Since things seem to be getting bigger I hope you will take me up on that. It's true..I lackthe experience on the big cruises so your expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have taken notes and promise that the next cruise will be more organized and just as exciting (barring any traffic delays)!

The next one you definitely don't want to miss....if you are not on the email list then PM Me ....I will notify the list first and get advice and suggestions. Then I will post it on the forums.

Onyx
Don't take it personal bro. And I by no means would classify myself as an expert on anything. You are a cool guy and had good intentions. Unfortunately it just didn't work out for everyone. I feel really bad for the SD guys that basically just turned around and went home. They drove all the way down here to cruise and ended up going home disappointed.

I will definitely take you up on that offer onyx. I am always more than willing to help out and do my part to make our meets/cruises as fun as possible. We should get a couple of more people to help out too but we can talk about that when the time is right. You already have my e mail address btw. Just hit me up with your plans/ideas for the next cruise so that we can plan/organize in advance.

BTW, anyone that hasn't done it yet needs to register at www.socalg35.com. This site was set up for this exact reason. It's our own SoCal forum where we can organize our meets and get to know each other better. We have a big BBQ coming up soon and we will need help with that too. Hai is organizing that meet but all help is appreciated to make this an awesome BBQ that hopefully will be better than our last BBQ.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Socal G's Back To School Cruise On The Sunset Strip!!!!! Sept 16, 2006