January 27, Saturday. Canyons LETS GO!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
There is usually only2 or 3 people that go fast in the canyons out of lets say 15 people. 2 years ago we had a canyon run with people from here and out of 10 people with modded *** cars, me (my car was bone stock back then) and some other guy with 6MT sedan were the fastest ones.

The point is everyone drives however fast they feel like it. If u feel like going 20mph all the way through its fine with everyone because every canyon that we finish, we are going to wait till other people get till the end.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
There is usually only2 or 3 people that go fast in the canyons out of lets say 15 people. 2 years ago we had a canyon run with people from here and out of 10 people with modded *** cars, me (my car was bone stock back then) and some other guy with 6MT sedan were the fastest ones.

The point is everyone drives however fast they feel like it. If u feel like going 20mph all the way through its fine with everyone because every canyon that we finish, we are going to wait till other people get till the end.
Very good point.

I remember the first time I went canyon running, I felt as if I had to go as fast as everyone else. Trust me, I came out with a face like this:

Bottom point is, everyone goes at their own pace.

That's the safest bet.

The more experiece you have, the better you know your limits, and most importantly, know the limits of your car.

Cant wait till Saturday (as you can see )

Old 01-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to this forum.. i'm down for the cruise..

Old 01-24-2007, 12:41 AM
aww., i have work, so i cant make it. been wanting to try it out too, but thinking of it makes me a tadd bit chicken.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:12 AM
OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFGGGGGG!!!!
i was totaly not gonna go to this cause im so scared of crashing and im a wreckles driver, so me not going was actualy gonna be a smart move for me but damn after i seen those pictures HOW CAN I RESIST!!!
1. klubbheads
2. Skaterbasist
3. Jclit
4. zero86ea
5. SeZkI
6. heezyo2o
7. G05C
8 Gammawolf
9. Tru-G
10. teedo
11. Patrick

Old 01-24-2007, 02:25 AM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by ddddddpatrick
OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFGGGGGG!!!!
i was totaly not gonna go to this cause im so scared of crashing and im a wreckles driver, so me not going was actualy gonna be a smart move for me but damn after i seen those pictures HOW CAN I RESIST!!!
1. klubbheads
2. Skaterbasist
3. Jclit
4. zero86ea
5. SeZkI
6. heezyo2o
7. G05C
8 Gammawolf
9. Tru-G
10. teedo
11. Patrick
Hahaha I guess my images have convinced someone

Just know your limits as a driver and your vehicle.

The only issue I worry about is when my adrenaline kicks in; I start shacking and it doesnt help my driving

It's gonna be fun

Old 01-24-2007, 02:36 AM
i dunno whether to thank you or not for those photos.... we'll find out this weekend lol

jes a couple o questions.
are there going to be other cars out there? like tryin to get thru or cars commin in the opposite direction? you know normal ppl tryin to get to places.... lol.
also how many runs are we going to do?

Old 01-24-2007, 02:54 AM
Retired SuperMod
No!

Dont thank me!

Your going at your own risk.

The risk should be small if you decide to go at your own pace.

Thank me after, if you have fun

Old 01-24-2007, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by ddddddpatrick
i dunno whether to thank you or not for those photos.... we'll find out this weekend lol

jes a couple o questions.
are there going to be other cars out there? like tryin to get thru or cars commin in the opposite direction? you know normal ppl tryin to get to places.... lol.
also how many runs are we going to do?
The route that we are going to take there is no traffic whatsoever. Do NOT try to go to the opposite direction. If we are behind a normal car which i highly doubt they usually move over and let us pass. We will talk about those things in detail when we meet up on Saturday before the actual cruise.

Last edited by Klubbheads; 01-24-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
It's actually a lot of fun as long as you don't try to push your car too much. If you have never driven in the canyons, you definitely need to just chill out and cruise the whole way through. Guys like Vlad who do canyon runs all of the time know how much they can push their cars and when to back off. Do not try to keep up with them if they do decide to push it a little bit. Trust me, you won't be able to keep up with him first of all and secondly, if you are not familiar with the canyons, it is not a good idea to take chances. My accident in the canyons was just bad luck. Luckily I came through it okay. Who knows, I may show up for a little bit. I am still a little bit traumatized by what happened but it was just one of those things. I haven't been to a meet in a while though and I kinda miss it . . . . . . oh well, we will see . . .

Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
It's actually a lot of fun as long as you don't try to push your car too much. If you have never driven in the canyons, you definitely need to just chill out and cruise the whole way through. Guys like Vlad who do canyon runs all of the time know how much they can push their cars and when to back off. Do not try to keep up with them if they do decide to push it a little bit. Trust me, you won't be able to keep up with him first of all and secondly, if you are not familiar with the canyons, it is not a good idea to take chances. My accident in the canyons was just bad luck. Luckily I came through it okay. Who knows, I may show up for a little bit. I am still a little bit traumatized by what happened but it was just one of those things. I haven't been to a meet in a while though and I kinda miss it . . . . . . oh well, we will see . . .
Well said, hope to see u there.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I wanna see your AB Coupe

Hope to see you there, but it's understandable if you dont.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:00 PM
If you are gonna speed don't do it on this ride!...Believe me!..I lived on Las Virginess rd. for a couple years when I first moved to cali. Took my road bike thru the canyons there many times...many cops..helicopters are no fun. Had a heli drop in front of me and a buddy one sunday morn., right off kanan dune rd. was looking for "2 guys on red crotch rockets"..just as he was walking back to the copter the dudes they were looking for came blasting down the road..they got busted....Just keep your eyes open..

Old 01-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry fellas, count me out, I decided to do Big Willow at Willow Springs instead.

Now I need a helmet

1. klubbheads
2. Skaterbasist
3. Jclit
4. zero86ea
5. SeZkI
6. heezyo2o
7. G05C
8. xxxxxxxxx
9. Tru-G
10. teedo
11. Patrick

Next time fellas!

Old 01-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by Gammawolf
Sorry fellas, count me out, I decided to do Big Willow at Willow Springs instead.

Now I need a helmet

1. klubbheads
2. Skaterbasist
3. Jclit
4. zero86ea
5. SeZkI
6. heezyo2o
7. G05C
8. Tru-G
9. teedo
10. Patrick

Next time fellas!

What?!?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: January 27, Saturday. Canyons LETS GO!