Official Pics/vids thread for 4-21 BBQ meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Firedawg63nLA
He does great work on tails and headlights, Did my G and my FX

man i have to say when i first saw the back of your car i didnt like it at all. but now after the black piece, man im loving it!!
good job on ur G and ur FX man

Old 04-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by nooooorb
I just PMed Randy. When I saw the pictures in this thread, the first thing that caught my eye were the custom tail lights. I was just blown away by the quality and detail. Simply amazing...

OCG35, what sort(s) of things are you getting done to your car?

One more thing, any of you guys going to the Stillen Open House?
"possibly" body-match painting the taillight housing - everything except the parts that illuminate... might paint "eyelids" on tails (similar to bats tail eyelid overlays)... and paint headlight housing either black, some shade of dark grey, smoked or body color... I have to be careful with color choices, because I want to keep the "Grey Ghost" theme and keep it stealth kinda ominous looking...

Randy has done some awesome stuff! I just read the Nissan Sport article on Viet's (Rookie) FX - they mentioned Randy's name for the work he did... his last name is Riggs! That's MY last name!!!! Maybe he'll give me a discount

Old 04-28-2007, 11:26 AM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
Old 04-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by speedraver
Here's Randy's ride in last years issue of Modified Magazine:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103551

OCG35 & speedraver - Thanks for the help guys.

I just received a reply from Randy. I think it's decision time - '03 or '06 tail lights (which will need to be purchased). Any suggestions?

Randy's tail lights are '06 but I like Firedawg63nLA's also, which I'm assuming is '06 but done a little different.

Damn - I woke up too late for the Carlsbad GTG @ HRE...

Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

I just received a reply from Randy. I think it's decision time - '03 or '06 tail lights (which will need to be purchased). Any suggestions?

Randy's tail lights are '06 but I like Firedawg63nLA's also, which I'm assuming is '06 but done a little different.

mine is 03

Old 04-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
there were some crazy cars at HRE....i was the only G though...whoot whoot

Old 04-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by G35Pinoy
there were some crazy cars at HRE....i was the only G though...whoot whoot
I woke up at 8:30 and it was too late to make this event. We've all done it - look at the clock and say 5 more minutes; next thing you know it's 2 hours later... LOL.

G35Pinoy - any pics?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:25 AM

Man, stuff like that is so subjective... really there is only one person who’s opinion matters and that is of course yours. Randy has some cool **** and good ideas - clearly a great resource to bounced ideas off of... I hate to seem like I'm dodging your question but I'm a firm believer in making it look they way you like.

I haven’t even decided 100% exactly how I want mine to look yet – already my ideas are a little different than what I was originally thinking… no one will take the time to analyze it the way you will and no one will care about the outcome more than you… so you are the best judge of what will look best.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Man, stuff like that is so subjective... really there is only one person who’s opinion matters and that is of course yours. Randy has some cool **** and good ideas - clearly a great resource to bounced ideas off of... I hate to seem like I'm dodging your question but I'm a firm believer in making it look they way you like.

I haven’t even decided 100% exactly how I want mine to look yet – already my ideas are a little different than what I was originally thinking… no one will take the time to analyze it the way you will and no one will care about the outcome more than you… so you are the best judge of what will look best.
I agree with you... To each his own. But in some cases, other ideas (good or bad) can help you arrive at some comfort level when it comes to upgrading a car.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Plus, if someone has pictures of it, you can see if it's a bad idea or not.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree with you... To each his own. But in some cases, other ideas (good or bad) can help you arrive at some comfort level when it comes to upgrading a car.
for sure! That's why I said Randy is a great resource to bounce ideas off of... Just talking with him briefly at the BBQ gave me some stuff I've been thinking of.

I guess to answer your initial question then, personally (for me) I don't really like the integration of other year vehicles... I like making existing year look different. However, I like it on other cars sometimes. So I guess if it were me I’d stick with tails of my year… but for you the 06 might look good on your car.

It's like I can’t stand any chrome or anything shiny on my car (that's why I was going to paint Randy's hood dampers) - BUT I've seen other cars with chrome wheels, chrome accents, etc that look great!!!

I wasn’t trying to be a jerk or anything... I think Randy will have the best ideas out here... better then me anyway (at least regarding someone else’s car).