GMR mini meet 3/29/08

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008 | 01:08 PM
|
Originally Posted by SAKEN3.5
from mini to giant meet =)

Mornings on saturdays not very efficient though ;; too many bikers and hikers

well i think saturday morning is when most people are able to go out tho, cuz a lot of people have jobs in the weekdays. i prefer weekdays but i know not a lot of people are going to show up cuz they have work. saturday mornings is ok i think cuz we are just going to "cruise" anyways hahaha
so the last saturday of april sounds good for everyone?

Old 03-31-2008 | 05:30 PM
Sup Guys, Yes it was good meeting all of you. And as other people have said...sorry to the homie with the red Sup, hope you got it all taken care of, and to the other homie who got the ticket...at least it wasnt for speeding Hey Mike with the S2k, I'll let you know when the next track day comes around. And as you said to the 37 guy, I havent had many people stay with me like that as well, I would like to see what's it like in one of those on day I down for the GMR "cruise" anytime, just let me know!

Old 03-31-2008 | 05:48 PM
Monthly GMR cruise? sounds good.

Early saturday morning is good because it lets Everyone else get on with their weekend afterwards... Why else would everyone go to Cars and Coffee every saturday morning?

Old 03-31-2008 | 05:52 PM
Uh, how much would you give me to trade in my yellowish ZR? I don't want to wash it.

Old 03-31-2008 | 06:07 PM
Old 03-31-2008 | 06:39 PM
My Roadster Mike, come on. I was the only Z there!

Old 03-31-2008 | 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Sensi09
Lame! Don't want to hate, buy you guys attract the cops to these roads.
Not really, we know the park ranger that closes the gate on top!!

Old 03-31-2008 | 08:08 PM
I wouldn't trade it in.... private sale.

It'll hurt bad as a trade in.

Old 03-31-2008 | 09:42 PM
Eh, the weather is too beautiful to get rid of the vert... Just got to remember to pull out so I don't have any Stan Jrs running around and have to get a 4seater..

Old 04-01-2008 | 01:01 AM
|
last saturday of the month is April 26. Is everyone okay with that? That should give everyone that wants to come to this meet sufficient time to prepare or make arrangments to come.

Old 04-01-2008 | 01:29 AM
ON
how far did you guys cruise to anyways? Did you guys come down the other side (Upland/Montclair)?

Old 04-01-2008 | 01:32 AM
|
Originally Posted by Yume
how far did you guys cruise to anyways? Did you guys come down the other side (Upland/Montclair)?

we went up Glendora Mountain Road and came down Azusa Canyon. we just went around the mountain, it was cool even tho there was people on motorcyles and mountain bikes. East fork road was great, the turns and corners. you should come to the next meet

Old 04-01-2008 | 01:46 AM
ON
Originally Posted by Skylinekid87
we went up Glendora Mountain Road and came down Azusa Canyon. we just went around the mountain, it was cool even tho there was people on motorcyles and mountain bikes. East fork road was great, the turns and corners. you should come to the next meet

oh ok. I haven't been all the way around before. I went up about halfway once on Asuza but that was during fire season and they blocked the roads going all the way around. I think its called San Gabriel Canyon Rd. You guys should cruise Glendora Ridge Rd. That one is pretty fun. Its a road with no strips to differentiate which lane is which, so you'll have to be careful and watch when going around corners. Good picture spots too. And not as crowded.

I'll try and come to the next one. I'm up there every now and then anyways.

Old 04-01-2008 | 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by Yume
oh ok. I haven't been all the way around before. I went up about halfway once on Asuza but that was during fire season and they blocked the roads going all the way around. I think its called San Gabriel Canyon Rd. You guys should cruise Glendora Ridge Rd. That one is pretty fun. Its a road with no strips to differentiate which lane is which, so you'll have to be careful and watch when going around corners. Good picture spots too. And not as crowded.

I'll try and come to the next one. I'm up there every now and then anyways.
GRR is a higher speed road, and I think everyone agreed when we got to the split between GMR/GRR/East Fork that the more technical road would be more fun

Usually when I cruise solo, I go up from Upland via Mountain Rd to Mt Baldy, turn left onto GRR, and then cruise to East fork and take Azusa down (followed by a visit to rowland for some food).

If I'm with friends, usually we go mountain -> GRR -> GMR.

GMR I usually avoid due to the police presence on the road.... WAY too many people have been attempting to drift/race down the road, or running beyond their capabilities and have rolled down the hill.

Keep within your limits, and be safe

Old 04-01-2008 | 12:09 PM
ay KP wanna roll up there wit me sometime this week so i can take pics of the road and **** to fight this ticket haha get at me on myspace foo www.myspace.com/bayonet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GMR mini meet 3/29/08