we don't do without ECU #
I have ECU
What is
blah blah
We don't have, bye

I was like wtf? OK

Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interested in doing this also.... and skip the track day.

what are the slots open?
how many people are going?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2004 TB 6mt. It was back in 2006 or so, but I went there one afternoon for an ECU flash. Hour later or so, I was on my way home, happy as a clam, flash done. Not sure why they cant do it

I need to get up there for a reflash.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:21 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Chebosto
Visa. MC. Discover. AMEX.

KulG35: ok. now i know what they are asking for.. there are several different types of ECUs that they have programs for. They are requesting you to call the dealer to see which version ECU you have, so to cross-reference their database to see if they have the program for your specific trim/option/model G you have. this is standard operating procedure.. IF they don't have your program for your G, (depending on how new it is) then it may take longer, since they will have to send the ecu to japan to download the software phsyically off the computer..

hope that clarifies it..

a simple call to the dealer with your VIN will clarify it with technosquare.. thanks
Simply said, I did some research and understood it right away. There are different kinds of ECUs for our vehicles, and they have to create programs for the ecus, but not all the ecus are the same, they are still in process of completing all the ECUs software flash program, so once they do they could tune all types of that vehicle. If they don't have it, they send it to Japan, then they basically scan the ecu, and create a program off it and for it, then later on whoever has that specific ECU they won't have to go through that again. Sounds confusing at first but I got it.

Kul if they don't have the program for your ECU, then they can't tune it. They'll send your ECU to Japan to the Nissan Engineers over there probably for them to open the ecu, scan it and create a program flash for it and send it back. Once the program is released, you can now tune it, and who ever in the future that has the similar ecu in their car could get it tuned right away also. So you could either just wait it out until it's all released, or just have them do it and have a week or 2 down time of the car for the process.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:52 PM
ALL RIGHT!

just confirmed.. will be having some give-aways and freebies to dyno and dynotune attendees...

Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
is it first come first serve on the dyno?... or is there a sign up list somewhere?...

Old 03-02-2009, 01:31 AM
the list will be open at 9am on saturday.

we have procedures in place if you can't make it at 9am.. we will try to accomodate as many people as possible...

Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
FYI:

for the Q/A session, please bring some questions you've had about anything of the following:

Engine Tuning: what really happens to AFR when you put in HFC vs Test pipes? Why do some intakes work better than others?

Engine Building: A vs H rod constuction. What size injectors are needed for my build? etc

Fabrication: What techniques do you do to ensure safety in a roll cage? bolt in vs weld in?

Also, i've lined up two pro Racers to answer any G/Z related driving questions. One for road course (Billy Johnson, M-Workz 350z Driver) and one for Drift (Taka Aono, AE86 driftpro car). They can answer any problems you're having with suspension setups or particular quirks about the car.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Which flash do most of you guys have? ..the Fspec one? Is it worth it? $425 ain't too bad.

Also, if I don't find the time to install my Y-pipe, and test pipes by this Saturday, can they install my Y-pipe and test pipes there?

Last edited by vstypicals; 03-02-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by vstypicals
Which flash do most of you guys have? ..the Fspec one? Is it worth it? $425 ain't too bad.

Also, if I don't find the time to install my Y-pipe, and test pipes by this Saturday, can they install my Y-pipe and test pipes there?
it's actually a great deal - when I had it I paid $500 or $600 (cant remember exactly, but it was not less than 500 thats for sure... that was a few yrs ago though).

Old 03-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
it's actually a great deal - when I had it I paid $500 or $600 (cant remember exactly, but it was not less than 500 thats for sure... that was a few yrs ago though).
You got the Fspec flash? I tried searching for more info on it, but no luck. You think its worth it?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by vstypicals
You got the Fspec flash? I tried searching for more info on it, but no luck. You think its worth it?
had, yes... I ended up getting Osiris - initially just because I was curious if there were any gains to made over TS - but also, I kinda like the versatility of multiple maps - plus I have cams and like the flexibility of cam timing…

Performance-wise they are comparable – I didn’t really notice any difference when going from one to the other (in standard performance map)… I was very pleased with the TS F-Flash and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend as a viable option especially at the price listed here…

Old 03-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
had, yes... I ended up getting Osiris - initially just because I was curious if there were any gains to made over TS - but also, I kinda like the versatility of multiple maps - plus I have cams and like the flexibility of cam timing…

Performance-wise they are comparable – I didn’t really notice any difference when going from one to the other (in standard performance map)… I was very pleased with the TS F-Flash and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend as a viable option especially at the price listed here…
Thanks for the info. Now I'm just debating whether to just get the Fspec flash or get the custom dyno tune. I only have an intake, spacer, test pipes, and y-pipe.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Vstypicals:
for your Intake Spacer Test pipes and ypipe. i think the Fspec is good enough.
For the Dyno ECU Tune, do it if you wanted to know the power you're putting down.. plus if you think about it.. its only a couple bucks more to get a custom tune to your car. might squeeze a little more power out of it vs the regular Fspec... were you planning on adding more mods later?

If you have Cams now or thinking about it later (or other hi power mods like plenum changes or fuel rails), then custom tuning on the dyno is more recommended..

Old 03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Chebosto
Vstypicals:
for your Intake Spacer Test pipes and ypipe. i think the Fspec is good enough.
For the Dyno ECU Tune, do it if you wanted to know the power you're putting down.. plus if you think about it.. its only a couple bucks more to get a custom tune to your car. might squeeze a little more power out of it vs the regular Fspec... were you planning on adding more mods later?

If you have Cams now or thinking about it later (or other hi power mods like plenum changes or fuel rails), then custom tuning on the dyno is more recommended..
Hm, yea maybe I'll just go with the Fspec flash although I'd like to know what my car is putting down though. LOL. As far as mods, I'm always planning on putting more. As far as which ones, I don't know yet. Maybe I'll stop by since it'll be on the way heading to Irvine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Technosquare Dyno/Tune/Meet! March 7!