UC Riverside Meets Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.60 average.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by jayk
after you get you insurance money, buy Robs OEM rear and pocket the Paint&Labor $$.
Do that Law. Not a bad idea. I just sold my oem bumper but had to ship it to washington state. FTL.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
^ how much did you get for it if you mind me asking I still have mine not sure if I should sell it or keep it in case something happens.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:17 AM
Buyer sent me $200 for the bumper shipped. I had to pay for shipping and materials to protect it. Stupid bubble wrap cost over $20. In the end I think I got about $100 after shipping and materials. But I shipped it for a favor b/c the buyer said there was no other G's around his area. But I know a guy that would pick yours up for $100. Let me know.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Dranom
if you guys need stuff installed hit up my boy JOE
his dads shop is off van buren. closer to you guys

714-244-7890-----Make sure to tell him Monard set you. He does installs for cheap!
+1. This is where I'm gonna get my bbk installed. Super cheap compared to other quotes I got.

Edit: this reminded me to give Joe a call tomorrow and get a quote for replacing one of my ART pipes!

Last edited by Silencer_0; 04-29-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 AM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
make sure you guys say my name so he knows
he has a Z btw

Old 04-29-2010, 03:17 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
Edit: this reminded me to give Joe a call tomorrow and get a quote for replacing one of my ART pipes!
what happened?!?

Old 04-29-2010, 03:40 AM
I think i told you guys about this at one of the meets, or even heard the rattling lol. Well anyways..

A while back, there was rattling coming from under the car around the art pipes, at first it was barely noticable, but then it started growing louder. I got under the car and banged on the art pipes to see if that was causing the rattling. The passenger side pipe was making the noise.. I told Tony about it and he explained that at the end of the resonator, there's about an inch of glass packed in and held by a plate that's tack welded in place. He said that the plate must've come loose.

I went to Tony's house so he could hear it himself. He gave me a new one and said he'll cover the charge of installing it. So I got the passenger side replaced for free. We stuck a small camera inside the resonator and saw that the plate had become completely loose . After I got the new pipe installed, the car sounded fine now. But on my way home, I could hear a slight rattling again lol. But I remembered that the shop i first got the pipes installed at didn't trim down the heat shield stud on the driver side. So I thought that the stud was rubbing up against my driver side art pipe. I got under the car again and saw that it was in fact hitting the pipe. So I took it back to the shop and had them trim down the stud, it sounded better afterwards, but I could still hear something.

Lately the rattling has been getting louder, and now it's coming from the driver side art pipe! I just PM'd Tony about it yesterday, he said he's gonna ship me a new driver side pipe right away (free of course). He said he hasn't heard of anyone else having problems with their art pipes, but that he already told his manufacturer to make sure the plates are welded in more securely.

I just hope that all the noises are gone after I get the art pipe replaced! Tony's been real cool about all this though, he never hesitated in replacing my pipes with new ones.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by Dranom
if you guys need stuff installed hit up my boy JOE
his dads shop is off van buren. closer to you guys

714-244-7890-----Make sure to tell him Monard sent you. He does installs for cheap!
Good look'n Monard I will see what he quotes me.

Originally Posted by Silencer_0
I think i told you guys about this at one of the meets, or even heard the rattling lol. Well anyways..

A while back, there was rattling coming from under the car around the art pipes, at first it was barely noticable, but then it started growing louder. I got under the car and banged on the art pipes to see if that was causing the rattling. The passenger side pipe was making the noise.. I told Tony about it and he explained that at the end of the resonator, there's about an inch of glass packed in and held by a plate that's tack welded in place. He said that the plate must've come loose.

I went to Tony's house so he could hear it himself. He gave me a new one and said he'll cover the charge of installing it. So I got the passenger side replaced for free. We stuck a small camera inside the resonator and saw that the plate had become completely loose . After I got the new pipe installed, the car sounded fine now. But on my way home, I could hear a slight rattling again lol. But I remembered that the shop i first got the pipes installed at didn't trim down the heat shield stud on the driver side. So I thought that the stud was rubbing up against my driver side art pipe. I got under the car again and saw that it was in fact hitting the pipe. So I took it back to the shop and had them trim down the stud, it sounded better afterwards, but I could still hear something.

Lately the rattling has been getting louder, and now it's coming from the driver side art pipe! I just PM'd Tony about it yesterday, he said he's gonna ship me a new driver side pipe right away (free of course). He said he hasn't heard of anyone else having problems with their art pipes, but that he already told his manufacturer to make sure the plates are welded in more securely.

I just hope that all the noises are gone after I get the art pipe replaced! Tony's been real cool about all this though, he never hesitated in replacing my pipes with new ones.

damn hope everything is okay after that.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:30 AM
Originally Posted by HenryLee
Buyer sent me $200 for the bumper shipped. I had to pay for shipping and materials to protect it. Stupid bubble wrap cost over $20. In the end I think I got about $100 after shipping and materials. But I shipped it for a favor b/c the buyer said there was no other G's around his area. But I know a guy that would pick yours up for $100. Let me know.
that's expensive bubble wrap you should have just bent it would have been cheaper lol jp I'll let you know.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:34 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
uhg..... i was planning on ordering them next week.
knowing my luck i would probably get a poorly welded one.

trim down the heat shield stud? is the stud part of the ART Pipes or car? did tony advise that to other people?
that doesnt sound like a huge deal but this is all very disappointing.

you think i should wait for the next batch?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by curryboyy
that's expensive bubble wrap you should have just bent it would have been cheaper lol jp I'll let you know.
Haha I know just bent that sucka. But yea he was a buyer than wanted to pick mine up. But I ended up selling to the guy in washington.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Nah don't worry about it man, just order them. I think I was the one with bad luck lol. I was one of the first ones to get them, so I wasn't that surprised that something mightve been been wrong with them. The stud is on the car, you gotta trim it down by like 1/4", Tony did advise it in the first thread on the ART pipes.

I never made a thread or posted about my problem cause I didn't want people to think the ART pipes were bad quiality or something. First batch of a new design, crap happens. But I knew Tony would take care of it. A lot of people have bought these pipes already, especially on my350z, so I doubt you'd be getting the first batches.

Do it!

Last edited by Silencer_0; 04-29-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 PM
So who's down for kbbq next week??

Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts
lets do this!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 01:49 AM
^ shiet if that's the case I might aswell order an Ichiba camber kit from you Mr.Wong that way no shipping + no driving = Pure Win

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.60 average.

Quick Reply: UC Riverside Meets Thread