Westside Z/G Meets start in So Cal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Westside Z/G Meets start in So Cal

This Friday, it's ON!! SEE LAST THREAD FOR UPDATED DATES!
Starbucks, at Buena Park Wax Museum
7711 Beach Bl, Buena Park, CA 90620

Register at the forum for more info.
http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtop...=westsidezmeet

On Facebook, for coverage and info search "Westside Z Meet - Regular Car Meets in AZ & CA"
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...77089938968574

Last edited by L33TZOR; 11-30-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Friday, The Westside Z Meet/Team So Cal Z Starbucks meet was a success. Thanks to those who all made it out. I'm looking forward to the next one happening:
Starbucks@Wax Museum meet is Dec 03 2010 @ 7pm.
There's no awards given, it's just a chill meet n greet kickback, bring what you got, and then out to a cruise/eat. Ron

Old 11-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
it was fun chilling and kcking it at the bar eating wings burgers etc.. Ron

Old 11-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
pics of cars that attend this meet to prove that it's not a ricer meet are necessary

Old 11-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Good times in store once again this Friday.
the cars in the banner pic that is rotated are cars that actually meet there.
Posts of pics make it to the forum WestsideZmeet.com.
Come out and join, its the only way to see if you like or dislike it.
In attendance last meet, Maximas, 350Zs, G37, G35, Nismo Z, and a few others.
We invite all teams, all cars, all peeps. We do not discriminate.
No rev's, no burnouts, no disrespecting.

Dec 3 2010 @ 7pm
7711 Beach Bl, Buena Park, CA *Starbucks @ Wax Museum location)

Old 11-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by eurodre
pics of cars that attend this meet to prove that it's not a ricer meet are necessary
Don't feel childish Dre. It's a new meet down here to bring some peeps together. You will get out of it what you put in.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:28 PM
I don't think it's childish at all to ask beforehand if there will be ricers at the meet

Old 11-30-2010, 04:32 PM
From where I'm standing it did. It's cool though. It's a meet, if you want to join, show up. If you fear there's some form of rice may show up, then that's childish not to show up. Simply you're perogative. It doesn't need to be announced on a forum, that's childish.
Like I said, everyone here is welcomed. If you come out with a predetermined beef or disrespect, there will be no respect
given back. You never hear me saying that you need rims and a stance, or over 20 awards to join in, that's not what this meet is about.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:43 PM
why are you getting so defensive? I never mentioned anything about a "predetermined beef", disrespect or that anyone needs a stance, awards or rims that's all you

all I asked was if there are a lot of ricers at the meet, that's it.. now if you're getting so insecure about answering that simple question then that already gives me the answer

not really a good way to get people to come to a meet by being so uptight, answer the question and move on

Old 11-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
I'll have to agree with dre. While it may sound a little harsh to ask such a question, it is an important one, lol.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Dre, I go back to YOUR QUESTION, because you asked it.
What difference will it be to prove anything at all?
Will it be the difference of you personally showing up?

Silencer, what defines rice, and how is it important here?
To me it's not in the least. I said it before and say it many times.
All are welcomed. Those who give respect get it back.

My own two sense...
A narrow minded person asks irrelavent questions.
I can not guarantee who pulls into a starbucks parking lot. I won't need to prove anything. If you want to go, it's for the greater good. It is an oipen meet,
not a club membership thing, no awards will be given,
Evidently, It's not about what Dre wants to see. When Dre puts together a meet, I'm not going to prequalify if for anything. I will go or I won't
I will know it's a car meet or some kind and not worry about it.
It's not his place to prequalify it, or is it mine.
The meet is for like minded car owners, car enthusiasts, who wish to display their
car whether whatever is has.
Please don't come in and make silly or harsh questions on this thread.
Dre, I look forward to seeing you and everyone who is joining alike.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 PM
it's irrelevant to ask if a meet has ricers? i know no one can control if ricers come or not thus the reason why i asked to see pictures of who showed up in the past
I'm sure that a lot of people will feel the same way in agreeing that they won't go to a meet that has ricers who can attract police or get anyone injured
so yes it would affect my coming and potential others coming if there are ricers there

this meet will go downhill if you can't get over it and realize that my intention is not to kill your meet (God knows i want to go to more meets) but trying to help out by asking the question that is most important

so if the person who invites others can't be mature enough to answer a simple question that gives doubt on the whole meet itself

like I said earlier the fact that you can't answer already speaks a lot

if you really want to know what I think a ricer is, just ask

Old 11-30-2010, 07:48 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Well, according to the guy who invented teh modern version of the term (and the website everyone copied, riceboypage.com), it's someone who makes a slow car look liek a race car with either fake parts, improperly installed parts, or just stickers for parts they don't have. Or teh wrong badging, trying to look like a faster example of a car. THEN (and this is most important) they have the attitude that their fake race car is faster than anything else.

Customizing isn't ricing. '40s, 50's and '60s customs are not rice, even though the vast majority of mods are purely cosmetic. They aren't trying to look like race cars (ricer isn't just an indication of asian cars or asian drivers, but a spinoff of the word "racer.") So custom modern cars that aren't trying to look like race cars aren't necessarily rice, even if built from commonly riced cars.

Rice is also not a fast car that actually HAS the parts the stickers say. Basically, if it can "back up" the race look with real performance, it's not rice, even if you think it's tacky looking. Rice is, after all, about fake performance and the attitude that a slow car is actually faster than everything else.

It was indeed a racial term, made up by a Korean to put down the wannabe poseurs in the "AzYn PrYd" community. Riceboy and Ricer as terms for car enthusaists, came fom that website and his message board regulars back in the early '90s (which I was a member of), and it had it's derivations from the older "rice rockets" term given by bikers for the japanese sport bikes (which were also often racer replicas).
To add....Lambo doors, excessive tvs and disco lights are Rice as well.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:48 PM
I certainly hope you folks make it and read the part about
It's a meet where all are welcomed.
That's about all I will add for now.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Just show up dude, there you will see if there are ricers or not plain and simple be brave Kid,if you don't like it just don't show up next time ,Thats what i do at times. This meet has a TT G37 ,couple Nismo Z's,custom color Z's couple Maximas with a drop nothing too over the edge... The peeps there are pretty cool to chit chat with they have tire hook ups etc.. if you are interested, as well.The only people who show up are people who come to chill not make a spectacle of things burn out rev like a ricer revs the just come inn kicks it and have a good time.You are welcome to drop by for a few minutes if you like Dre.
Originally Posted by eurodre
it's irrelevant to ask if a meet has ricers? i know no one can control if ricers come or not thus the reason why i asked to see pictures of who showed up in the past
I'm sure that a lot of people will feel the same way in agreeing that they won't go to a meet that has ricers who can attract police or get anyone injured
so yes it would affect my coming and potential others coming if there are ricers there

this meet will go downhill if you can't get over it and realize that my intention is not to kill your meet (God knows i want to go to more meets) but trying to help out by asking the question that is most important

so if the person who invites others can't be mature enough to answer a simple question that gives doubt on the whole meet itself

like I said earlier the fact that you can't answer already speaks a lot

if you really want to know what I think a ricer is, just ask

Last edited by juan350gt; 11-30-2010 at 10:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Westside Z/G Meets start in So Cal