South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Austin Meet (January 08)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone in know a good place to get some stereo work done? i know custom sounds is good, but i want somthing really good and maybe a hook up pricing... i got a JLw7
12" in the back but i need a Cap

Old 01-16-2008, 07:21 PM
I have details on the Austin Driveway http://www.drivewayaustin.com.

I spoke to one of the owners, Bill, who is a semi-retired Ferrari test driver. What an awesome job that would be! I have yet to see the track but it's located east off of 183, close to the MLK intersection. It's a 7/10 mile short course with cambered and off cambered turns, straights, etc and they are lengthening it for a longer course option.

Clubs are welcome and they prefer at least 10 members for a whole day event. The initial package is $295 per person and is all day, includes snacks and lunch and concentrates on performance driving instruction. For those who want to move to the next level, there are subsequent training levels all the way up to being ready to professionally race. Each level is a full day of instruction and driving. Each driver gets to receive the instruction and drive the track in their own car and without competing with other drivers. They provide helmets but one is not needed at all times, only when you start getting good at maintaining higher speeds. You can bring your own as well.

Bill was enthusiastic and informative. All we need to do is put together a group and schedule the day.

Last edited by The_Scooch; 01-16-2008 at 07:23 PM. Reason: correction to URL
Old 01-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice pics mt7rabbit! Thanks for organizing.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Looks good. I think I should be able to make the Feb. meet!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Do yall think a 97 maxima could just tag along? I'm a big nissan/infiniti kid, and would just love to tag along and admire the cars like yall do.

Also would one of yall happen to be an owner/worker at potbelly?

Last edited by quicki; 01-18-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by quicki
Do yall think a 97 maxima could just tag along? I'm a big nissan/infiniti kid, and would just love to tag along and admire the cars like yall do.

Also would one of yall happen to be an owner/worker at potbelly?
You're more than welcome to join our festivities.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Sir Boostalot I saw you had to reschedule your BBQ, let me know what day you decide on and we'll be there.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mt7rabbit
Hey Sir Boostalot I saw you had to reschedule your BBQ, let me know what day you decide on and we'll be there.
I will

Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 01-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by The_Scooch
I have details on the Austin Driveway http://www.drivewayaustin.com.

I spoke to one of the owners, Bill, who is a semi-retired Ferrari test driver. What an awesome job that would be! I have yet to see the track but it's located east off of 183, close to the MLK intersection. It's a 7/10 mile short course with cambered and off cambered turns, straights, etc and they are lengthening it for a longer course option.

Clubs are welcome and they prefer at least 10 members for a whole day event. The initial package is $295 per person and is all day, includes snacks and lunch and concentrates on performance driving instruction. For those who want to move to the next level, there are subsequent training levels all the way up to being ready to professionally race. Each level is a full day of instruction and driving. Each driver gets to receive the instruction and drive the track in their own car and without competing with other drivers. They provide helmets but one is not needed at all times, only when you start getting good at maintaining higher speeds. You can bring your own as well.

Bill was enthusiastic and informative. All we need to do is put together a group and schedule the day.

Thought I'd mention that through Spokes (an SCCA group) here in Austin, you can participate in some autocross training events that occur periodically. I just signed up for one myself. The first event is at the Driveway as well and is $100 to enter. I'm sure it's different than the training you have listed above but it might be looking into as well.