South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

HOUSTON's 2nd G35 MEET!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Infinite1
I'll agree to disagree with you Northside...

IMHO it would be nice to see a G35 meet with more than 10 cars. The 350z's get that no problem. Now on the flip side of that having too many can pose to be a problem and may cause unwanted "Ricers" to be there as well as police issues. All we need is a westheimer type meet in sugar land..hahah...

To your point about most car enthusiasts being on the forum i disagree. I've ran into other G drivers on the road and have led them to this site. Also, not only that some G drivers i've met (having nice fixed up rides) don't even get on the forum.

All in all, Fish - Do what you will at your own discretion. Just remember ramifications can be good or bad.

Just my .02 cents

Ryan
Infinite1
I'll have to agree with Ryan!

I see what both sides are saying. However, I wouldnt mind a meet that got so big that parking would be an issue. The guys that came out last time were very respectful of other cars and mature in my opinion and that is how a G meet should be, however advertising would probably lead to "ricers" showing up at the meet which is why I did NOT post this on houston-imports.com for fear of curious horrible looking cars that like to "drift" front wheel drive cars and endanger our G's. so lets leave the advertising up to this post please =)

Last edited by _revok; 02-13-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with everyone and there points. Pretty much u guys said what i didnt say.

ANyway: Back on topic

Old 02-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Infinite1
I'll agree to disagree with you Northside...

IMHO it would be nice to see a G35 meet with more than 10 cars. The 350z's get that no problem. Now on the flip side of that having too many can pose to be a problem and may cause unwanted "Ricers" to be there as well as police issues. All we need is a westheimer type meet in sugar land..hahah...

To your point about most car enthusiasts being on the forum i disagree. I've ran into other G drivers on the road and have led them to this site. Also, not only that some G drivers i've met (having nice fixed up rides) don't even get on the forum.

All in all, Fish - Do what you will at your own discretion. Just remember ramifications can be good or bad.

Just my .02 cents

Ryan
Infinite1
I agree with you. lol I don't want ricers at our meet, either. Hope it's like the last meet, just a bit better turnout.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by texasg
lets make this one big guys. btw happy birthday steveblake
Yea lets get a good turnout! thanks texasg

Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
I park in the parking lot next to the garage in front of the towers, how about you, Leo?

Where out in economy land ....

Also as for G35's I hate to break it to you but I fell for the same thing too for awhile. Most G35 owners are not car people. 90% I see are women that bought them b/c their pretty (No offense to women car people), and guys who bought them b/c its a midlife crisis, lol....

Anyway just my 2 cents I don't even bother asking G35 coupes if their in to cars any more, espically if I see no mods.

Leo

Old 02-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Leo330
Where out in economy land ....

Also as for G35's I hate to break it to you but I fell for the same thing too for awhile. Most G35 owners are not car people. 90% I see are women that bought them b/c their pretty (No offense to women car people), and guys who bought them b/c its a midlife crisis, lol....

Anyway just my 2 cents I don't even bother asking G35 coupes if their in to cars any more, espically if I see no mods.

Leo
So true. All the G35's I see on campus... the owners aren't car-people and don't care for their cars. They're usually dirty, bone stock, and unkempt...

Old 02-14-2008, 12:07 AM
I'll leave the planning and advertising to yall...
I'll just show up

Old 02-14-2008, 12:14 AM
everythings already done/planned. all we as long of a list that we can get of G's to show up. so if yall know any other G owners please, feel free to invite them or ask them to sign up on the list.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Leo330
and guys who bought them b/c its a midlife crisis, lol....Leo

Hey! I resemble that remark! Hahah...J/k...i'm not that old...but my mid-life or near mid-life crisis will be the GT-R! Woo Hoo!!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Nuh-uh! For real? You're gonna' get the GT-R?
Are you gonna' bring it to any G35 meets? Or will we be cramping your style?

Old 02-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
Nuh-uh! For real? You're gonna' get the GT-R?
Are you gonna' bring it to any G35 meets? Or will we be cramping your style?
Well, not the first one that comes out this June. I don't like buying 1st year models but I will have at least 2nd or 3rd year. Of course I will bring it if I have time to meet up. I'm not that type of person who does that besides i'm sure you all would appreciate the car as much as i do! Although, if someone asks me to drive it it'll be flat-out "NO" Hahahah....

Old 02-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how many sedans are coming?

Old 02-14-2008, 11:21 AM
TexasG and I are 03-06 sedans. FATurbo was an 07 sedan. I don't think FATurbo's coming, though. He hasn't been posting. Hope he knows about the meet. That's all the sedans at the last meet. Of course there were other sedans around the area... but they were just women who happened to be shopping in the area... =\

I have a friend with an 04 sedan... but she has a test the Saturday after. So she won't be coming to the meet since she needs to study. But, I made a bet with her earlier and she lost. So she HAS to come to one G35 meet eventually.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:46 AM
im a sedan driver and love it

Old 02-14-2008, 11:53 AM
i have spoke with FATurbo and he said its a maybe. so ill keep him posted and hopefully he will attend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: HOUSTON's 2nd G35 MEET!