South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Where's all the G's in Albuquerque

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's all the G's in Albuquerque

whats up kinda new to the fourm got my G 5 months ago iv seen plenty of them driving around here i figuerd there would be a few people on here from alb. so lets see albuquerque has

Old 06-18-2008, 11:28 PM
I was just thinking the other day if anyone was going to start a NM thread. Here's a couple shots of mine.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Nice G man very clean . i serched around for one but had no luck. whats all done to urs? heres a few shots of mine

Old 06-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Thats how I started also.

I've done 15/16 spacer, RE shifter, Gordee's grounding kit, clear corners, 19" Axis Hiro rims, KurumaZ front, Impul sides (knock off), Crawford HFCs, HKS Ti Exhaust, Vortech full kit w/3.12, some audio stuff but still have the stock Bose system (I think it sounds good), maybe a couple of more, can't remember but those are the highlights. Thanks for the compliment.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:20 PM
did you do the work or have it done?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:50 PM
I've done it all myself, nothing has been too difficult. The Vortech just took some patience and time as I've never done a S/C before. The only thing I couldn't do was tune it because I didn't have the software to talk to the SS box. Even if I did, I didn't feel like street tuning it, I've been through that with my 87 Supra and it takes alot more time and patience than I'm willing to spend these days. I'm waiting for the clutch to start and go so I can do that next, I don't drive it hard and it still feels good (52K), I'm sure its coming but the Vortech is suprisingly easy on the drivetrain unless your trying to abuse it.

If your interested, I've got a N1 lip for the car that I can't use because I put the KurumaZ front on. Its not painted and NIB, never even opened the box or unwrapped it. Since your local, I'll make you a good deal.

Last edited by clifftrail; 06-19-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:36 AM
thats cool think im gonna get mine turbo charged and build the engine im gonna have speed lab do all the work to it but right now im basicly preping the car for the power gains im gonna be getting spring and shocks here in a month or to then a brembo brake kit and an bassani exhaust. well see how all that gose. yeah pm how much u want for it. how much horsepower dose it have?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:53 AM
The N1 lip is just a cosmetic chin lip for the front bumper. Here is a couple of links to see what it looks like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...spagenameZWDVW

http://www.intensepower.com/inn1frlipg35.html

The second is the company I bought this from, again it would need to be painted and if your interested, I'll let you have it for $125.

Also, don't know anything about Speed lab, but Motiva is where I had my car dyno tuned after the Vortech install and those guys have alot of experience at turbo/sc installs. When I was there they had a G on the rack and were finishing an install of the APS twins and they also put a stroker kit on the engine. Never seen the car in town, but it was silver and had UNM plates with Volks on it. They had many other projects going as well, but just letting you know that they can be trusted as I saw their work and it looked really good.

I'd like to hear the Bassani exhaust in person on a G, heard it on other cars and it sounds good, never a G though. When you get that done let me know, maybe we can meet up and I can take a listen. Don't over look Fast Intentions though, I love my HKS but alot of guys with F/I will swear by that exhaust and it does look/sound sweet. There are several clips on youtube with it. Anyway, GL.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:04 PM
cool thanx i could take that give me a week or two to get some money for it i just sratched the under side of my bumper so hopefully that will cover it up. all have to look them up maybe thell be cheeper are they located in alb? yeah speed lab wants $13000 to give me 550 hp my goal is for the car to run in the high 11's thats what i want. yeah iv only herd it on the z in videos on you tube and it sounds great on that. i need to check out the FI and see if i like it thanx for the info all let u know when i have the cash for that lip and when i get the bassani installed

Old 06-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Yeah, Motiva has a shop just off Comanche and I25, its in the complex across from the big UPS plant. No rush on the lip, just give me a shout.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:23 PM
i took my car over there to se how much they would charge for the engie build and twin turbo system they want $25000 thats 500 dollers more than i paid for the car lol

Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Ouch, they are good, but not worth that. There are only 2 reasons I can think that they would even throw out that ridiculous amount. 1) Too busy to take any more work or 2) Don't want to work on the VQ platform. Either way its their loss for work I figure.

Last edited by clifftrail; 06-24-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:09 PM
yeah i have no idea but they are crazy. i think it had to do with the fact they dont want to build the 3.5L in the car allready they were gonna order me a 4.7L stroker motor from GTM and turbo that with the full aps twin kit they promesed me 800HP but at that point i would have a hard time paying for replacment tranny's and drive lines lol but yeah i think im gonna go to speed lab and just have them do the work at $13000 thats a way better price.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:57 PM
800hp wouldn't even be streetable. But if you just want the 11s or low 12s, 450-500 will get you close to that and it will still be driveable when its done.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:21 AM
yeah that all i want is low 12s high 11s oh and also the guy there said i wouldn't need a brake upgrade right away lol yeah 800hp and not being able to stop it haha i looked at some of the work they did and it seems liks they do some prety nice jobs but yeah for that price tag they better. hey i got a quik question is urs an 5at or 6mt and where did u get your grounding kit?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where's all the G's in Albuquerque