South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Sugar Land/Houston Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 08:47 PM
It's not the critic......
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cato, bought it from motordyne for $215.....sent an email to tony collete and used paypal.......they were out of gaskets and had to wait until they got another shipment....after reading a bunch on this topic, it looks like the crawford plenum might be slightly better than the spacer, but I chose the 3/8 spacer for the stealth and you get ?90%? of the benefit at 1/2 the cost.......i'll post my observations later this weekend

maxpower........my 3/8 is due on the 17th as well......i bet they shipped our spacers at the same time.....i am getting excited!

robb......I live in cinco, but will head on down to sugarland....robb and max you live down there right? what about you cato? come on by and have a cup of coffee saturday morning (8:30 am too early?) for a quick hello and then back to the garage, let the car cool and install the spacer!

Old 03-16-2005, 07:06 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Which Starbucks? Can you put the engine cover on with the spacer installed?
I think I see a spacer for me in the future........

Old 03-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shooter
robb......I live in cinco, but will head on down to sugarland....robb and max you live down there right? what about you cato? come on by and have a cup of coffee saturday morning (8:30 am too early?) for a quick hello and then back to the garage, let the car cool and install the spacer!

I'm in the galleria area - which is about a 12 minute drive for me to a place like the fountains. 8:30 is never early for me, but it just depends on what time I am working out that morning.

Old 03-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by cato
Which Starbucks? Can you put the engine cover on with the spacer installed?
I think I see a spacer for me in the future........
Cato,

the 3/8 spacer fits perfectly with the engine cover and you can't even tell

the 1/2 is the one that people are either cutting the engine cover or removing it. and I think some guys have got it back on, but have to force the hood down.

Old 03-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Doggie,

Does the Butt Dyno see increase with the 3/8" spacer?
I want.....................

Old 03-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Doggie,

Does the Butt Dyno see increase with the 3/8" spacer?
I want.....................
Yup - I definitely notice a difference - I couldn't give you an exact amount, but it's there.

Great mod for sure.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Here is my original post about it:

Originally Posted by robbdogg
Did the install on Saturday - along with the z-tube and k&n drop in. It took us (me and brother) about 2 hours at a pretty slow pace - even stopped to eat while doing it. 2 people makes it SO much easier, especially when lining up the spacer and new gasket. And of course tightening evertything back down.

I got to open up a little that morning. The z-tube does make the louder growl noise as everyone said. Since my car only has 1400 miles on it, its was hard to tell how big of a difference at first. Now here's the funny part - on Sunday, in the nasty rainy weather, I had to gun it to get past some idiots - right when the car hit 4000 - it was like a slingshot! It opened up and took off. So that upper low to midrange is improved. I'm not smart enough to do some "butt dyno" but there is a difference. And I will most likely do the ECU reset later this week after driving her a little harder this week to see if that really helps.

Here is a question for anyone else that has done the install - I've had to retighten the 6 center bolts a couple times after driving it. Has anyone else had that issue? Seems like it's ok now. Every time I got done driving the car this weekend, I opened the hood and checked for any leaks, and it looks perfect. I'll post more when I can give more driving experience.

Thanks again Tony for all your help.
I still have not got the ECU to manuall reset (gas pedal) I'm a loser. And I also am probably going to get the GG grounding kit since I think my car isn't shifting as smooth as it could be.

Old 03-16-2005, 11:26 AM
OK RobbDogg,

How have the bolts held up since the install? Are they still loosening? How long has it been since your install? It looks like you are our local expert on the spacer. May need help from you when I get mine. Soon...........?

Old 03-16-2005, 12:50 PM
OK RobbDogg,

How have the bolts held up since the install? Are they still loosening? How long has it been since your install? It looks like you are our local expert on the spacer. May need help from you when I get mine. Soon...........?
Cato,
In other posts after that one - I had few people reply, including Hydrazine (tony) about the loosening. I retightened about 3 times after the initial install, and it's been fine. You really don't want to over-torque. It's been 2.5 weeks so far, and so good. And any help I can offer I will.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Starbucks..........there is so many, it doesnt matter to me...........we could meet sunday morning if max can make it then? i searched the starbucks site and found 5 stores in sugarland, 1 near 59 at the super target........we could head anywhere on this side of town and ill make it.......galleria area is ok as well......

Old 03-18-2005, 09:05 PM
so can anyone make it? starbucks........59 and hwy 6.....in the marriott town square.......either saturday or sunday at 8:00 am (sunday would be good cause me and max could install our spacers on saturday and talk about them on sunday)

Old 03-19-2005, 07:50 AM
tomorrow would be better for me - can't do today shooter. I'll post tonight and let you know for sure.

wonder if Max can make it - if he sees these replies.