South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Upcoming Rally on Austin's Best Roads!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2005 | 08:01 PM
|
Cool Upcoming Rally on Austin's Best Roads!!

Hey guys, I posted this yesterday under another one of my posts, but here the information is for everyone. Here is my rough plan, meet up at barton creek mall, drive out mopac to 2222 up to Lime creek, out spicewood, back to 360, out barton creek to lost creek and end up back around the mall to grab a bite to eat or something. I will post a new post just on this if anyone thinks they would be intrested. I have a friend on the BMW forum, that would also get a group from over there to join us. Anyone is welcome, I am not picky about just G's or Nissan's etc. If you have a car and want to drive some nice roads come out and join us. I am not sure when, I was thinking not this weekend but the weekend after. i would say as of right now it will be the morning of saturday june 25th or Sunday the 26th. Please let me know if you are interested. Also feel free to make suggestions on roads to add, roads to not go on, places to meet up, and places you want to eat at when we are done. Thanks! Hope to see a lot of you out. It should be a lot of fun. Attached is a map of the rough path. (about 65 miles worth)

Attached Thumbnails Upcoming Rally on Austin's Best Roads!!-rally-map.jpg  
Old 06-15-2005 | 09:27 PM
Here's a suggestion that I am sure to receive much flak for: The best - if not only - way to truly enjoy Lime Creek is with no traffic because even one car can ruin the whole run. Therefore, I suggest we meet VERY early, say around 7 am or earlier. After the run, we could all go have breakfast!

Old 06-15-2005 | 09:44 PM
damn man! i would love to join but I'll be in Canada that weekend .

Old 06-15-2005 | 11:27 PM
|
Well I really just wanted to try out some new roads in Austin, that I have heard everyone talking about. I am open to any suggestions because as you can tell from my post count, I am a Newbie around here. I would be more than willing to do this one weekend out of the month or so. I wanted to do it the 25th because I am out of town this weekend and the weekend of the 4th of July. So my opinion would be get a group of us to try this, see how it works, and hopefully start a monthly rally or something. I will see what kind of reaction I get from everyone else and see what everyone wants to do. The 7:00 AM idea sounds just fine with me. I agree a few slow cars could ruin the whole thing. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Old 06-16-2005 | 12:50 AM
I have to work that saturday and can't make it. if it can be sunday I can be there any time of the day. any other weekend I'm can make it too. it's a short drive for me to the starting point. hope we can find a time and date when the most people can make it.

I even live on the map

Old 06-16-2005 | 12:55 AM
|
Sunday would work for me. Maybe if we do it that Sunday we could go a little later to let people get drive to church and get of "our roads" I am fairly flexible, especially if we can do it the 25th or 26th. We will just go for a "Sunday Drive"!

Old 06-16-2005 | 08:58 AM
Feh. I'll be out on Lake LBJ that weekend. Maybe next time.

Having it early in the morning will certainly reduce traffic, but you'll also have a little while in which to run without your A/C sucking horsepower off your ride at a reasonable interior temp.....

Old 06-16-2005 | 09:39 AM
I can make it any Saturday morning, including June 25th.

I agree with Spill re A/C: Cooler temps in the morning is an advantage.

Another note about traffic: Seems like everyone Tom, Dick, and Harry owns a boat and has to haul it to the lake...in the left lane. Once you're stuck behind one on a two lane road, you're toast.

Thanks for putting this together Keith.

Old 06-16-2005 | 06:56 PM
|
Hey, I am more than happy to try to get this organized. I thought it would be nice to meet some of the members on here, and I want to try some of the roads I keep hearing about so what better way to do it. So lets take a final vote. Do we want to do this Saturday morning or Sunday morning? We can work out the other details closer to next weekend if we have to. As for the guys that won't be able to make it, we will definately have to do this next month either on the same roads or some new ones. So.... Can more people make the rally Sat. the 25th or Sun the 26th? Thanks,

Old 06-16-2005 | 07:33 PM
figure it's easiest to make a list. it works for group buys.

25 Jun 05, Saturday morning

26 Jun 05, Sunday Morning
1.LivyathanZero

Old 06-17-2005 | 08:16 AM
|
Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
figure it's easiest to make a list. it works for group buys.

1.LivyathanZero
2.KK2FAST4U
I will go with Sunday Morning, but I am flexible and can just as easy go Saturday morning also.

Old 06-17-2005 | 08:23 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Staff Alumni
I wish I could make it. sniff sniff

Old 06-17-2005 | 09:19 AM
1. YoungTurk

1. LivyathanZero
2. KK2FAST4U
3. YoungTurk (only if very early am, have to get to church in Georgetown)

Old 06-17-2005 | 01:00 PM
how early is very early? like 8am?

Old 06-17-2005 | 05:45 PM
Liv and KK2FAST4U, I really don't want to be the constraint here, so please feel free to set a time convenient for EVERYONE. I would prefer to meet at 7 am, but if that is too early then if we can hit the road by 8 am and be done driving around 9am to 9:30 am, that will give me just enough time to fly...I mean drive to Georgetown and make it to the 10:30 am service. Keep in mind that the earlier we meet, the cooler it is and the less traffic to deal with. If 8 am is too early for everyone, then I can try to attend a future drive, especially since KK2FAST4U appears interested in doing these regularly. You guys set a time that is convenient for all and I'll do my best to attend. Thanks for being concerned about my timing needs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upcoming Rally on Austin's Best Roads!!