South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

3rd annual Raging Bull Texas Stampede in Kerrville, Texas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by LivyathanZero
cato, it's not really legal on any cars, just most cops have better things to do than write a plate ticket.
Ummmm - actually, in the state of Texas, the sole exemption for not having a front plate is if your car is considered a "classic car" - i.e. was manufactured over 25 years or more. Z Club of Texas member, ex-Texas State Senator Jim Horn got this legislation passed for us 240Z owners who shunned a front plate! (Jim owns a 280ZX small block Chevy with nitrous as well as a Z32TT SR71!)

ChinaClipper
72 240Z
03 350Z

Old 02-02-2006, 11:39 PM
A timely joke: This probably happened many times this past weekend.

There's a man trying to cross the street. As he steps off the curb a car comes screaming around the corner and heads straight for him. The man walks faster, trying to hurry across the street, but the car changes lanes and is still coming at him.

So the guy turns around to go back, but the car changes lanes again and is still coming at him.

By now, the car is so close and the man so scared that he just freezes and stops in the middle of the road.

The car gets real close, then swerves at the last possible moment and screeches to a halt right next him.

The driver rolls down the window.

The driver is a squirrel.

The squirrel says to the man, "See, it's not as easy as it looks, is it?"

Old 02-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Foamy's Rant

This is for you John

http://foamy-websites.tripod.com/id65.html

Old 02-03-2006, 07:35 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Vkoslak
I enjoyed it so much, I'll be going out again this weekend to drive with the Austin mazda rx club. I replaced that bad upper radiator hose so no worries this time!
Welcome to G35Driver.com Vkoslak! I see that was your first post.

Old 02-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by ChinaClipper
Ummmm - actually, in the state of Texas, the sole exemption for not having a front plate is if your car is considered a "classic car" - i.e. was manufactured over 25 years or more. Z Club of Texas member, ex-Texas State Senator Jim Horn got this legislation passed for us 240Z owners who shunned a front plate! (Jim owns a 280ZX small block Chevy with nitrous as well as a Z32TT SR71!)

ChinaClipper
72 240Z
03 350Z
Welcome to G35Driver.com ChinaClipper. I see that was your second post.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Thanks, Bill. Amusing and interesting monologue. I presume that critter was a squirrel ranting about the Bull Riders terrorizing the squirrel population this past weekend. Well...I am not sorry to announce that we will be back next year with more Bull Riders and a bigger Stampede! They need to learn to share the roads with us. Either get out of the way or become lunch meat for the buzzards! And I mean that in the most loving, compassionate, and friendly way. Heh heh.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:58 AM
First off - thanks a ton to John for setting up this event! This was our first weekend away from our two year old, and Sherry and I had a blast! Definately the most fun I've had in my car since I've owned it (10 years).

Here is a picture of JT MacGyver telling John he can just run the car without the thermostat:

It isn't the low light, John's head was actually doing that!

See yall next year!
Chris and Sherry

Old 02-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Giving and sacrifice

Let me add a few comments to the picture Chris posted. It never fails to amaze me the quality of people this event brings together. After a fun drive from Austin to Kerrville, just as we were entering the town of Kerrville, my car showed some signs of overheating. This was unexpected and it worried me for we hadn't even begun to ride the Raging Bull.

After dinner, JT offered to take a look at it in the parking lot and see what he could do to help. As he was troubleshooting, Mike Q. showed up to help in any way he could. Shortly thereafter Rob T. showed up to help as well. Bless his heart, Robert W. immediately offered to find a Walmart to purchase some antifreeze which would be needed after the planned work was done. Patricia, Robert's wife helped communicate with Robert as we needed more things for him to pick up. Mike and Patricia also provided much needed moral support. The picture shows Mike, Rob, JT, me, and Patricia while Robert was driving through Kerrville for the first time in his life trying to find an open Walmart. At the risk of burning his hands, after hours of hard work, JT managed to remove the thermostat, and then he reconnected everything back together. One of the guys had the right socket, the other had the right wrench, and the other had the right socket extension. It was an amazing outpouring of support, giving, and selfless sacrifice by all. Robert and Patricia didn't even accept payment for all the items they purchased. I am so grateful to them.

The next morning, JT checked out my car as it warmed up. The problem was gone, and I was able to ride the Raging Bull as hard as I wanted to.

A wise friend of mine once told me that experiencing and working through hardships can produce some of the best memories. He was right. I will never forget the selfless acts of friendship and sacrifice displayed that Friday night. Many thanks to JT, Mike, Robert, Patricia, and Rob T.

Last edited by youngturk; 02-06-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:35 PM
John, sounds like it is time to get rid of that old nissan of yours and get an Infiniti G35....

Old 02-06-2006, 08:00 PM
cato, why? now that the thermostat is out of the way and the brake warping problem is corrected, the car's bullet proof

Old 02-06-2006, 08:03 PM
If you look at it the other way around - any car newer than John's might not have been able to be repaired in low light in a parking lot!

xnappo

Old 02-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by cato
John, sounds like it is time to get rid of that old nissan of yours and get an Infiniti G35....
Dave, if I could afford a G35, boy, I would get a coupe in a heartbeat. Hopefully, sometime in the near future. Until then, I will continue to enjoy my 14 year old car. Other than this recent overheating problem, which I think was due to faulty installation and a faulty part, it has been running just fine. For a car with 243,000 miles on the odometer, I think it runs surprisingly well (I think it ran pretty well during the latest Stampede). The brake warpage problem that I was experiencing appears to have been resolved with the new calipers I installed (this problem has plagued me ever since I installed the previous set of calipers which have now been removed). I really enjoy driving my car. Even when I get a new car, I intend to keep it because it is so fun to drive, even though it is nearly stock. Even when I get a new car, this car may remain to be my Stampede car because it is so fun to drive. To Chris's point, the car's age was an advantage when working on it with minimal tools became necessary.

I do appreciate your concern, though. I think most cars this old and with this many miles would not run as well as mine does now. Just can't afford a new car right now, especially a G35 coupe which would be one of my top choices.

Last edited by youngturk; 02-06-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Just ribbing ya!

Old 02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
When I was getting tires on my 300zx tt last weekend, I stopped by a Mazda dealership because they sent me an invite in the mail. Probably because I participated in a mazdaspeed event a couple years ago. Anyhow, the invite was for test drive of a new MazdaSpeed 6 all wheel drive turbo 2.3 liter 4 cyl with 6 speed short throw shifter. I was thinking "oh its a family car, its going to have soft suspention like the saab 92x aero". After driving it, I was really stunned. I have to say if I was in the market for a new car, the Mazda 6 mazdaspeed gt would be at the very top of the list. If only Nissan would release an all wheel drive turbo car in the US.

Don't worry, I don't plan on getting rid of my nissans any time soon.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:51 PM
yea Nissan is a great line, love the cars

:cough:STi is AWD & turbo:cough:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3rd annual Raging Bull Texas Stampede in Kerrville, Texas