South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by cato
A few years ago the state of Texas elimianted the license plate sticker and replaced it with a windshield sticker. It was too easy to steal the valid plates, much harder to steal a plate plus a windshield! So in Texas there are two windshield stickers, one is the annual state inspection and the other is the annual license plate renewal sticker. The cops can sit on the side of the road and just watch the front windshields for violators.
I know you have seen this cato, the cars from Mexico have the regular plate on the car AND a miniature of the same plate as a decal INSIDE on the rear glass. You can steal the plates, but you can't get to the sticker near as easy. It's very easy to see if a car has stolen plates.

I would like to see the US try that.

Old 02-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hutch
I would agree with lance.
You did know you were speeding right? Or is your speedometer broken?
Then just take defensive driving or pay the ticket. Don't clog up our courts fighting something that you know you are guilty of.

I don't know how you guys read that I was trying to fight something I am guilty of? I was trying find out what's the best way to handle this in terms of hiring a lawyer or taking Defensive Driving. I am guilty of speeding, but that doesnt mean I should just pay my ticket and move on. If you believe that paying a ticket is the best solution, then more power to you. Hope you don't mind paying hight insurance costs. The city charges me enought taxes to take full advantages of the opportunities it has to dismiss traffic tickets. So I take it that you wouldn't get mad at the cop who would write you a ticket for an unside down registration sticker? It's an honest mistake not like it was never registered or anything. That's like getting a ticket for the back license plate covering the word TEXAS. And yes, that **** hole gave me a ticket for that too, 2 years ago. If the city wanted to make money, the should just stop everyone single person and give them a ticket, because I bet there are at least 75% of ppl who have that covered. Oh, don't forget the school zone that our HPD has so fiercely enforced speeding. Go to any school zone and sit there and count how many cars drive right through it and don't think twice. Guilty? Of course I'm guilty. Happy about it? Not really, but I'm going to make take every opportuity to not let it affect my driving record. Can't a guy just ask for advise and not be accused of being irresponisble? (Such as that provided by RobbDogg and Silver04.)

Last edited by marvinclt; 02-17-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:15 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I got a ticket last November, 37 mph in a school zone 2 minutes before the school zone time ended. I wrote in and asked for permission to take defensive driving. That was granted. Of course it cost more than $100 to get permission to do this. Then I went online and ordered the defensive driving DVD. This worked out really good. You can watch as much or as little at a time. The DVD is yours to keep and can be used again and again for future tickets. I also ordered my driving record online via the link provided by the court papers giving permission to take defensive driving. I was very satisfied with the DVD and the entire process of having the ticket dismissed. Good luck with your ordeal!

Old 02-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cato- do you have a link for the DVD?

Old 02-17-2006, 03:43 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Houston G
Cato- do you have a link for the DVD?
Yeah!

http://www.defensivedriving.com/ddo/