SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

WestCoast Drivers Club?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 05:06 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: WestCoast Drivers Club?

aight how bout we get some real numbering, so john can have a round about number on how many spaces to hold.

1. Gspot35 (Craig) 03 S 5AT Garnet VQ35DES
2. SFL
3. Omi (Mike) (as long as car is out of the body shop)
4. ClaytonJ - I'm in Tampa and will be there.....
5. Mekanik - There definetly!
6. 03LazerBeam
7. esemes.. in the bushes...(or over them, or ontop of them) even if he doesnt have the g anymore
8. driven
9. Vegas79
10. cpwebb

Possible Tampa people
11. GTom35?
12. LorinserBenz?
13. xurinox?

From Orlando:
14. DED
15. Dabomb
16. Pimpinpearl
17. Demonteverde
18. Neffster
19. G35Sean (and his trusty sidekick)
20. ZUL8R

Possible Orlando people
21. PlatG??

what should we do after? maybe we should hit the stip out in clearwater. think this would be a better night for it es?

would anyone object if i call tim? he has a z but has a vortech on it. i know its supposed to be for g's, but it looks like we already have one z comin, and then we got eS whose tryin to show us all up. let me know.

Daniel

03.5 5AT DP Coupe
Ground Kit / Z – Tube / Shock Sensor / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield
Clear Corners / L.E.D. Hood Lights / KPTech VDC Memory
KPTech OEM Remote Window Up / Invidia Exhaust

Old 08-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK... Just to make it official, Orlando People we've decided to meet in the TARGET parking lot in the Waterford Lakes Shopping Plaza at 7am. You'll be able to p/u your McBiscuit on the way and we'll all plan on rolling out at 7am sharp. I'll try to remember to bring a cooler with water and drinks (it'll be hot so you guys might want to do the same). Also might want to bring some detailing spray, towels and some windex to get rid of all those lovely bugs that we pick up on the way over.

Also, I will be driving 5-ish mph over the speed limit. No speeding tickets for me...

Anyone have directions from Orlando to LOKEY? I believe it is comon courtesy for the hosting city to post adequate directions.

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-29-2004, 10:54 AM
FGC President

ill get those directions in a little while. 5 miles over thats it. what kinda fun trip would that be. you atleast have to hit 120 some time along the way. and fly in and out of traffic. thats the only to travel from orlando to tampa or tampa to orlando.

Daniel

03.5 5AT DP Coupe

Old 08-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Lokey Infiniti is located at 19740 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater 33764.

From Tampa, take SR60(Courtney Campbell Causeway) west across the bay. Continue on SR60 until you get to US 19. You will want to take a left and head south on US 19. Get in the right lane because we are just south of SR 60 on the righthand(west) side of US 19. We are right after our Mercedes Benz dealership.

Coming from Orlando, you will take I-4 into Tampa and then get on I-275 SOUTH. After a few miles, you will see an exit for SR60 and the Tampa Airport. Follow the signs to SR60 and take it WEST. Then pick up the directions posted above and you'll find it with no problems!

Old 08-31-2004, 12:15 PM

I had an idea....

Since this will take place on Sept. 11th why don't we all fly our flag on our G's in honor of those who died Sept. 11th and for those who continue to fight and die for us? I think it would be a cool thing to see.....

2004.5 G35 Sedan 5AT Diamond Graphite/Graphite Leather
Premium / Bose / Sport / Aero / Sunroof / Tint / Bra / K&N / XM

Old 08-31-2004, 10:58 PM

nice idea clay

no doubt MANY will fly our colors that day (and every other day, for that matter)

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...uDBmZ3xw%3d%3d

Old 09-01-2004, 05:30 AM

I'll volunteer the red G. Josh can drive the white G, now all we need is a blue one!

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 09-01-2004, 09:41 PM

Just as an FYI,

I recieved one of the flyers from Lokey Infiniti, they have some coupons attached, one being 15% off any service as well as a $1 per mile off of a service for people who travel a distance to the event, up to 25 miles. If you guys want work done, might want to schedule it, plus you get your car washed for the ride back!!!

I have a red sedan to donate for the patriotic display, any blues or whites? It would be cool to atleast park RWBRWB.

good luck to all with regards to Frances. God bless you all.

Old 09-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Omi
Charter Monkey Florida G35 club

they also have a note about I think us being the local performance car owners with cars on display. Pretty cool press!

Old 09-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Yes we do! Thanks for being a part of this, everyone!

-John

Old 09-02-2004, 04:28 PM
FGC President

john: can you put me on the schedule for my 20k service check up? also did you find anything out about the tcm's?

Daniel

03.5 5AT DP Coupe

Old 09-03-2004, 06:19 AM

John,

Instant Message me about the price for a 10-15 minute Y-pipe install. Just 6 bolts, nuts, washers and lock washers, real easy job... if you have a lift. I have a local shop that will do the work, but figured I'd give your dealership the opportunity since you're putting this event together. Oh yeah, no car wash for me. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Neffster

Old 09-03-2004, 07:55 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

SFL,

When you get here we can verify the details of your request, but as I recall hearing from my Infiniti Engineer friend, what you are requesting might not be possible if I am understanding you correctly. Infiniti made some major changes to the Transmission system in the way of going from an INTERNAL control unit to an external one(or vice versa- it's early this morning!). As I remember him telling me, there is actually a difference in transmissions when you are comparing two certain production points.

PM me with details if you like, and I'll get the details for your scenario.

-John

Old 09-03-2004, 09:21 AM

When you have about an hour of spare time, check the link about the tranny programming....

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...&part=all&vc=1

Old 09-03-2004, 01:35 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD

Thanks Gspot...

John, alot of the thread is just talk about theory of differences but i copyed the post from everythingg35 and let you verify or dismiss. thanks

Re: Tranny Programming 5AT [re: gurgenpb]

EverythingG35 (Sponsor)
04/12/04 07:42 PM

Gurgen,

The TCM was reprogrammed/flashed using the Consult II. There is a PCMCIA card with the updated program that you insert into the Consult II, then hook the Consult up to the car via the consult port. It erases the current program, then burns the new program onto the TCM. I believe the whole process takes about 30 minutes and the car would need to be present as it's done through the Consult port on the car. The updated program on the PCMCIA card is the <font color=blue>31036-AL004 program.</font color=blue>
As far as it staying in gear, I'll have to check on that, and see if I can find a list of parameters for each ECU program. As soon as I find anything out I'll post it up here. I want to say that's a difference between coupe and sedan TCM's, but I'm not positive on that, so I'll double check.

. . .

Thanks!

Justin @
EverythingG35.com

Re: Tranny Programming 5AT [re: EverythingG35]

Tfasano (Journeyman)
04/12/04 07:54 PM

Is this TCM upgrade something any of us can get at our dealerships, or do we need to go to a speed shop for it?

Luv My G

Re: Tranny Programming 5AT [re: Tfasano]

EverythingG35 (Sponsor)
04/12/04 08:26 PM

Well, I would like to say it's something you could get done at any dealership as they should all have the equipment and updated program on hand. However, I have heard that other people have had issues with their local dealerships so you may not have the best of luck, which is too bad because it's really not that much work, especially if the car is already in for other work.
As far as a local speed shop goes, they would not have the proper equipment on hand to perform this procedure.

Justin @
EverythingG35.com

'03 G35 Coupe | Black on Black | Performance
20% tint | Clear Corners | Ztube & Popcharger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/dabomb3

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WestCoast Drivers Club?