SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Charlotte-area places for maint. supplies?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charlotte-area places for maint. supplies?

I'm coming up on my 30k maintenance and was just wondering if there are any places/dealerships that are reasonable on the transmission fluid (6MT). I looked at the Riverside eBay store, but I really only need the transmission fluid and 120 seems a bit steep just for that.

Also, when I was with CarolinaDSM we had a few dealerships that would give us products at cost - any local clubs that have connections with dealerships here, and if not, we should get on that .

Old 08-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
6MT? You may use any spec. compliant gear oil, (5AT stick w/ OEM fluid) these will not void warranty. In fact, synthetic gear oils by Mobile 1, Royal Purple & RedLine all nicely exceed OEM requirements. I've tracked my car (extensively) since 20K miles w/ Mobile 1 in transmission & differential, no problems, and no one would expect there to be.

If you feel most comfortable with the OEM stuff, contact Brad @ Infiniti of Charlotte, or the parts department at Modern Nissan in Concord.
They typically offer members of the Carolina Z Club reasonable discounts if you state you are a member. There are also a number of shops like Nissan Tech in Indian Trail, Infiniservice in Stallings and CIN Motorsports in Charlotte that will change it for you if you won't DIY

BTW, if you are in CLT and have not checked out the Carolina Z Club [ www.carolinazclub.com ] please do so, we are open to all forms of shared Nissan DNA Motorsports vehicles - beginning with the Fairlady Roadsters, all of the Z platforms, G35/G37 (Cpe & Sedan), GT-Rs, etc. Meet the 1st Monday of each month at Victory lane Karting (I-77 & I-85). However since that falls on labor day i think we are taking in a Charlotte Knights Baseball game the week before. But anyway....

It one of the most active clubs in the Southeast (most of the organizers of ZDayZ [ www.zdayz.com ], as well as other multi-club events & meets are members). They sponsor the ZJam Car Show at the Lowes Motorspeedway Fall AutoFair in September as well.