SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Atlanta Best Used Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Not necessarily...

The first thing you should always do when buying used is check the AutoCheck report for the vehicle. It is typically more complete than a CarFax report in general, and includes auction info unlike CarFax.

You should also pay to have the car checked out by an independent mechanic. Make sure the mechanic you use understands that he should be checking for any sign of accidents, not just a basic inspection. There should be no reason for the dealer to not let you take the car to have it inspected.

You never know, you may find a diamond in the rough. You'll just have to do your homework, and be thorough. If you don't want to spend the time and money checking out a car, go somewhere that you know to reputable and still pull the AutoCheck.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Exactly what ^^he is saying.

But typically sketchy places tend to sell sketchy goods, so personally, I would just stay away and not bother. I'd would pay a little extra just to have that peace of mind.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
buy certified only you will thank me later, i worked at carmax on barrett in kennesaw for about 5 year and at nissan at litha springs...trust me on this dont get anything less than certifed, unless you wanna fix things that may come up later, just my 2 cents

Old 10-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by gambit2083
buy certified only you will thank me later, i worked at carmax on barrett in kennesaw for about 5 year and at nissan at litha springs...trust me on this dont get anything less than certifed, unless you wanna fix things that may come up later, just my 2 cents
Gambit, do you have any juicy stores for us? Don't hold out.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Ahhhhhh, were do you want me to start, I have seen everything from a water soaked G making it through inspection on a used lot to having a G in an air bag deployed acciedent and repaird on the lot by off lot vendors (cheaper cost but Sh!TTy work) and sold -( mind you both were bought from auction and sold as good deals not being certified) mine was not bought certifed and I got it for 8700 w 57k on it all options but navi, but she is 6mt =D, BUT i knew what it was and what i could possibly be getting into. I gave myself a 5 grand window of things that i may want to fix or change if something went wrong, plus i will know if it was worked on and if the work will carry a warranty. Between my experience with nissans in general and where to look for help on the fourms and here, i rolled the dice....

yeah got a few things fixed at infiniti that i couldn't fix like AC and IPDM...about $2000 and she was in and airbad deployment accident but i did have her inspected fully by infinti and they came back and said it was a good car but they wouldn't put it on the lot due to airbag deployment (but i knew that already...did it more to ease the wifes mind) but the inspection knowleged that i learned and all together but im happy with her...just remember you get what you paid for and remember a lot of these side car lots are a lot of the car that dealers like carmax, infinti, lexus, etc...wont touch or have rejected, or auctioned off just because of the possible problems that can arise from a "Good Deal". I have personaly seen cars get auctioned from carmax for everything from water damage to rust to blown engine to you name it...beening sold futher down 41 (toward marietta) for 2 to 3 times the price they bought it for but still make it out to be a good deal...so I stress again if you do buy, do it certified. and try to crosscheck as much as you can like carfax vs autocheck. See a couple of those too where some carfaxes have been off but only after checking it agaist another source like auto checks. All in all you might spend upwards of 200 dollars on on car getting it checked and rechecked. Not a bad investment if your not to sure what to look for that will save you money in the long run...just my $.52

Last edited by gambit2083; 10-15-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
So it seems sketchy. And i have seen peach motors on there as well.

What worries me, is that normally Infiniti dealers get the pick of the litter at the auctions, and anything that isn't perfect, gets rejected and or not bought and places like this pick them up.

Thats why i was curious if anyone had any stories about it or heard anything about them. Could be a fully legit place, but who knows!
No they dont... Its who has the most money.... Dealers either company owned or privatley owned, its who spends the most for the top quality.... If the car is traded in at Infiniti, and they like it, they will keep it! Its cheaper than buying at a Auction!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:56 PM
If you have to ask, then its shady!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Hotdawwgman
No they dont... Its who has the most money.... Dealers either company owned or privatley owned, its who spends the most for the top quality.... If the car is traded in at Infiniti, and they like it, they will keep it! Its cheaper than buying at a Auction!
+1 this is true , with any dealer the slightest hint of a problem and off to the auction she goes. Thats why you trade in value is crap cuz they know what they will get aat an aution for it -baseline-

Old 10-15-2010, 10:04 PM
^ Very True.... No matter what a dealer is going to make money on our trade.... NO DEALERSHIP WANTS TO SELL NEW CARS.... but in order for people to buy a used car, they must sell new cars in order to keep the Brand's name on their building. Thats why there is a complete different sales person for used cars. They typically have been with the dealer a lot longer than the other sales guys. They are the guys that have earned to make the comission on used cars because they buy these cars stupid cheap and sell the hell out of them at their pricing.... I have seen as much of a difference as 10k. thats why you can negotiate so well with a used car!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Tell me what person would go to the Old Toyota Dealership thats in town that no longer sells new Toyotas. Only used cars.... No one, the name and glitz of a new car dealership brings people in and they expect that with the Glitz they are getting a good quality car... Now alot of the time there are great quality cars, but you always have that risk of the dealership making their own fake CarFax, as i have seen in the past!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Not trying to alarm you Wannabe6MT...just want you to have all the facts of most of the used car lots that i have come to know around that area. just hate for you to spend 9 grand on a good deal then spend 10 k fixing it you know...G love baby (no homo)

Old 10-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the people who own this dealership...STAY AWAY!!!

These guys buy up most of the damaged cars from the auctions in FL. They have a pretty good body shop/mechanic so they fix it enough to fool the average customer. Their cars will probably be reliable but you should know that most (not all) of them have been in wrecks or had other major issues which enabled them to get it for cheap. Of course, they make sure that they only buy cars with clean carfax/autocheck reports so the customer does not suspect anything.

A friend of mine was shopping for a G a couple of months back and asked these guys to help. He is pretty good friends with one of the partners and the guy told him to look elsewhere because none of their cars are worth it....sums it up pretty well...

p.s. My friend ended up buying a 2008 g35 sedan with everything including navi for $19500 from a private seller.