SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Accident. Best body shop in atlanta area? Diminished value question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accident. Best body shop in atlanta area? Diminished value question.

2007 G35. I was rearended by some idiot(who was being followed by a cop and luckily, he served as a witness in my favor). And I was pushed into an SUV in front of me. So some damage to my front bumper, but major damage to the rear end of the vehicle. Rear bumper destroyed. The trunk door wouldn't open and then when opened, won't close now. Part of the trunk floor is crumpled.

Liberty Mutual is the insurance company of hte offender and happens to be mine too and I hope I can use a threat of cancellation as leverage for a fair settlement.

Questions
1) Which is the best body shop for inifinitis in the Atlanta area? The insurance company strongly suggested I can go to CLASSIC COLLISION. I dealt with them twice in the past and they were OK. I would prefer to use an infiniti dealer and there is NALLEY COLLISION near the nalley infiniti. Any feedback?
2) Liberty Mutual is offering a measly 100 bucks for diminished value. Nalley Collision referred me to some guy who offered to do the estimate and paperwork for 200 bucks or even free if just gives me free advice over the phone after the body shop does its work. He suggested I do not sign anything or cash the check they give me for diminished value until I am done with the body work.
By the way, in GA, the consumer has a right to claim fair diminished value for a car involved in an accident. So far, the preliminary estimate for the repair by Classic Collision started at 3600 with the estimate most probably going higher by at least a thousand according to the rep at the collision center. I highly doubt the diminished value is only 100 bucks for such a repair involved.

Any advice? Thanks guys.

Last edited by mantar; 05-23-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Not in ATL so can't help you with a shop, but $100 for diminished value is bullshit. I would remind them that 1) a vehicle that's been in such a significant accident will definitely have a carfax/autocheck on it and isn't worth NEARLY as much as one that's never been involved (I would ask for $5k and accept 3500), and 2) I would remind them that they're supposed to be on YOUR side when you've been involved in an accident and were not at fault, regardless of whether or not the other driver is also their customer. They're supposed to be looking out for your best interests and I would threaten to leave and make it your life's mission to smear the name at every available opportunity if they don't make it right by you.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For the diminished value part, I use to work as insurance adjustment with in a high end insurance company. They try their best to give you lowest Value, what you need to do is contact a company who specializes in getting customers they're full pay out... example, We were trying to give a customer 175 for an almost full front end repair job parts, painting the whole spill... knowing it really diminished her car almost 3k, she got one of those lawyers involved and paid that company 200 bucks for the lawyer n got the full 3000 outta us.
So if you already made a claim (which i wouldn't have personally but your choice) look for one of those company's.

As far as body shops Nalley does good work and even in the case they don't they honor warranty more then other company's... though I go to a place in Woodstock, GA off hwy 92 they've done all my paint work, including custom painting on my bikes in the past GREAT work. IF ya want Ill give ya the name.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgot to update this. I settled with Liberty nearly a year later for $1600 after they tried to settle for $1200. The adjuster I hired advised me to take $1750. I forgot to mention that a lady hit my rear bumper a little more than 2 years prior to the accident(minor repair). BUt I foolishly didn't collect on diminished value for that.

I ended up getting it done with Nalley Body Shop.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
They gave you $1600 for diminished value or entire accident?