SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Infiniti of Raleigh Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Florida G35 Club Out of State Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti of Raleigh Questions

Hey everyone. I am a long time reader of the forum and first time poster. Hopefully I don't screw it up!

I was wondering if anyone bought their G from Infiniti of Raleigh? I am planning on purchasing a new 05 6MT Coupe sometime in the next 3 months and trying to decide who to purchase from.

If anyone has any details of how their purchase went in Raleigh I would love any information you could provide... How much over invoice or under MSRP, Sales person to see or avoid, are they knowledgeable, Quality of the service and purchase experience, do they work with you for your financing, or anything else you would like to add.

I figure I will either buy here locally or call up Grubbs or Lokey in FL (I have relatives in Clearwater), just trying to gather some info before making this big purchase. I can't wait
Thanks
Soon to be G Owner

Old 02-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Although the dealership is not as big or nice as Charlotte, the people that work there are amazing. Mark Flaherty is the service manager, total pro. Kyd (last name?) is great too. They take a lot of care when they wash your car, don't hose you on service, prices and service itself is really good. More importantly however, they have taken care of every single warranty issue I have had no questions asked and even offered to pick up my car from Fayetteville because I am military and can't get up there too often. Charlotte, on the other hand, will screw you dry. They f---ed up my old wheels and overcharged me, did not give me a loaner, ignored me for a long time, and were just genuinely rude and greedy. I can't say enough about the difference between them and Raleigh. Don't know about the sales side though, but man will you be happy when service time rolls around.

PS They have great connections with Majestic Solutions, a premium detail supply store in town. It's where I get all my stuff. Just say you were recommended by Infiniti and they will give you a discount.

Last edited by csukoh78; 02-24-2005 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:11 PM
I would rate it as OK as well. Not the best sales experience I've had, but not the worst. I have a coupe on order right now. And Im a little disappointed that I have yet to hear anything about when it might be coming in. Just a guess or something would be nice. Its been a month and a half now, and I sort of wish they would call, if only to tell me they dont know anything new, or something.
Anyways, my salesman's name was Lonnie Mitchell. He was nice enough. When he asked me if I had experience driving a G35 before I bought it. I said no, but I have an 04 350z right now, so I pretty much know what to expect. He must have thought I was stupid or something, because he proceeded to tell me how the g35 has a much better and tighter suspension and stuff and started feeding me a bunch of other BS. I pretty much tuned him out after that.
When it came to dealing, I did ok, but not that great. I got 1500 over invoice, which in my case is like 1700 under MSRP. I told them I wanted 1000 over invoice to start (my mistake, if ordering a 6mt coupe I suggest starting with something much lower). The general manager then came back and laughed at my offer and told me he would need 2-3 thousand more! I laughed at his offer (litterallly) and told him that was over MSRP. I told him I would just go to Grubbs then. He said ya you can do that, but you are going to have to pay like 1000 in shipping. He said you are going to have to do much better than 1000 over invoice. I said, OK 1500 over is my final offer and he took it. Overall Im not very enthusiastic or disappointed in my price, but if you learn from me then you can do better. When I bought mine though, they didnt have any 6mt's on the lot. 2 were scheduled were come in a month later, but 1 was already sold.

Old 02-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Hi,

I purchased my 05 G35c at Infiniti of Raleigh in early Jan. It was a very positive experience.

They got me 3.99% for 63 months through Wachovia. I thought that was a good rate.

Kevin

Old 02-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like Infiniti of Raleigh. They are performance friendly, straightforward, and honest. Chris (don't remember his last name) from their Service department is a cool guy. He came out to one of our meets and brought a bunch of stuff (shirts, hats, trinkets, etc). Chris Kozart is a helluva technician.

--Steve

Old 02-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Florida G35 Club Out of State Member
Thank you guys for all of your responses, they have been very helpful. I guess the overall feel I am getting is that the purchase experience in Raleigh is so so. (not following up after your purchase, even my Jeep dealership followed up a few times in the first three months when I bought my Wrangler, I would think Infiniti would be much better.) The service department sounds like it is very good, with friendly people and fix all warranty issues without problems.
Nuke, $2,200 under invoice is a great price. Sounds like they are willing to deal on the 2004.5, but not so much on the 05's.
RaleighredG, Sounds like we are going to have twins. I want a 05 6MT Laser Red fully loaded (Premium/Aero/Nav/XM) but still unique, I am leaning toward the willow interior right now. Thanks for the advice on the negotiating, I will make sure I go in there and low ball them in hopes of getting a good price. How long did they say it would take to get your car in stock?
dba4life, congrats on your purchase, 3.99% sounds like a great rate to me. Do you have excellent credit?
Zimbo, I would love to see your G in person. I have seen a few of your video's, your car is a BEAST! Keep the video's coming. You say they are performance friendly, do you know how far they will let you go before worrying about warranty issues? New Pulley's, Intakes, Plenums (or Plenum spacers) etc...? Obviously your supercharger has to void the warranty.
Thank you so much for all of the replies. I can't wait to get my G. Not too much longer now. I will have to come out and meet you guys the next time you all have a local meet. Keep any additional info coming, the more the better.
Thanks

Old 02-25-2005, 10:42 AM
My sales person knows me by name, but you take that with a grain of salt. I dealt with the same guy since the first time I stepped foot on the lot...purchased the car 1 year later with him.

Chris is the man...I'm having some driver license issues right now and can't drive my own damn car, but he is stopping by my house to pick up my car with the dealer tag and install my injen exhaust so I don't have to continue to look at it on my living room floor!

I think they look out for us because we have been cool with him since our first meet and he knows all of the guys by name. Which leads me to my next question...

ARE YOU GUYS PLANNING ON ROAD TRIPPING WITH US (RALEIGH G'S) TO GREENSBORO?

The charlotte Z's are comming to Greensboro to meet us! I'm working on the meet spot right now.

CHARLOTTE-GREENSBORO-RALEIGH MEET MARCH MADNESS!

https://g35driver.com/forums/southeast/44308-charlotte-greensboro-raleigh-meet-march-madness-26th.html

Old 02-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Yeah Chris is the man. Kyde is cool too(both service advisors). Mark Flaherty.. well I dunno 'bout him, still feeling him out-we had a rough start, but he's professional and he is slowly growing on me. The sales experience was ok. Didn't get much off sticker because of the timing when I bought it. John Hoban was great (salesman) No one was comming down off sticker much. I wasn't too impressed with the finance manager-William Grey. But by the time you talk to him (if oyu do) all the hard work- the haggling, test driving trying to find the right car etc should be done.

Old 02-28-2005, 10:35 PM
I bought mine from them and they have been good. Paul Clements is the GM there and a good guy to work with. They have been very supportive of are meets. They have sent someone from service everytime with goodies!! I work with Chris in service and he is very easy to work with. I can get the name of one of the sales guys over there if you want it but I would just call Paul and tell him that you got his name from Craig. Silver G with license plate HKYGOALE he will know. I would wait til the new 05 come out this spring though!

Old 03-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Blurrr,

I bought almost to the day 2 years ago, 03 6MT. The car was on its way from overseas and one other person was making an offer on it (at the same time in the dealership). The car had everything I wanted and nothing I didn't (everything except the navi) and it was exactly the color I wanted. This all didn't bode too well for my haggling skills. Nonetheless I won the deal. I worked with Luby. Older guy, really nice, he'll take care of you. He doesn't come across as one of those sleazy car salesman types. He's a straight shooter. I'd work with him a second time if I had too, so I suggest asking for him by name.

As for service. I can't speak any more highly of them. Chris has been mentioned a few times. This service advisor is great. He will ABSOLUTELY take care of you. Plus he has come to two meets so far. He's pretty cool to hang out with. I've never worked with the service Manager, Flaherty, before. I can see where he would be nice and I can see where he would rub people wrong like Kevin (KHABOOM) was saying.

Anthony, don't know if I've said before, but I am definitely game for the G'Boro connection. Only mod I've done since last meet was a hard wire install for my iPod. God this thing sounds great even with the stock Bose system.

Old 03-03-2005, 02:28 PM
What's up OX? Got my Injen installed, but I can't really hear it like I want to.

Glad your going to be able to roll on this trip!

I saw Luby yesterday...Ditto on the above comments about him.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:03 AM
As a side note to this post, I did not buy my car from Infiniti of Raleigh, to make a long story short, got a better deal from a dealership up in the Chicago suburbs, also the same weekend..my family was having a wedding, decided to go ahead and get the G and drive back down!!

I was trying to get a CB coupe from Luby, he was very pleasant, altho he did fall asleep in the demo-tester they had!! I guess i was driving too slow.

Service is very good so far. I've had to talk to Chris a few times about random problems with the car, and he's always treated me w/the utmost respect.

good luck w/your purchase.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Infinti of Raleign

I bought mine there and they were fne at purchase and have been good so far for service.

My car was scheduled for an oil change and I had to make an unscheduled emergency trip to Florida (death in the family). Called service and they got me in that day for the service. Very impressed....