Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

rear ended!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks,sorry to hear that.Your headlights are at the paintshop,at least the front end will look great Friday.

Old 06-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank gawd the HKS is okay!!! Uhhh . . . I mean thank gawd you are okay! Seriously though mang, it's good to hear that you made it through okay and that your baby isn't too bad either. I hope they catch this fvcker and they pull his nails out with rusty tweezers!!

Old 06-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys!! Insurance is saying this is not covered under Unisured Motorist, but collision, so I will have to pay the $500 deductable!!! Is this true? Anyone with experience??

Old 06-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Unfortunately it is true Jeff. If you would have been able to get his plate, they would have covered it under your uninsured motorist coverage. Without that, your only option is your comp coverage which is subject to your deductible.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:18 PM
skc
^+1

i actually work in insurance, and it's true, if you got the plate number, your insurance would have probably waived your deductible, i guess they think that if you didnt get the plate that you might have been dui or something or involved in a solo loss, so they need something to prove that you aren't lying.. any witnesses?

Old 06-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by skc
^+1

i actually work in insurance, and it's true, if you got the plate number, your insurance would have probably waived your deductible, i guess they think that if you didnt get the plate that you might have been dui or something or involved in a solo loss, so they need something to prove that you aren't lying.. any witnesses?
What about if someone dents up your car and leaves the scene? that happened to me this weekend when I parked my car at ontario airport for three nights. Some foolio scratched and dented the left rear wheel well. It's a big dent too!

Old 06-06-2006, 11:15 PM
^^^Same thing mang. I also work in the insurance industry. Vandalism would be covered under you comp coverage but also subject to your deductible. Even if it is not vandalism but hit while parked, you have to know who did it or at least have a plate # for it to be covered by your uninsured motorist property damage coverage (also called collision deductible waiver) where they waive the deduct.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:14 AM
skc
^+1
yeah, it can suck at times, but at least its a lesson, especially with the first case... always get a plate or something/someone to identify the other person/car.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:26 AM
GP1
damn we got a lot of claims adjusters on this site. Do you guys get a discount on auto insurance.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by skc
^+1

I have 2 witnesses (they were actually ahead of me, in my lane and they stopped) and told the insurance lady that also. I have a record of a 911 call, and today I made the CHP hit and run report. Do I have a UM case?

Old 06-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by skc
^+1
yeah, it can suck at times, but at least its a lesson, especially with the first case... always get a plate or something/someone to identify the other person/car.
It wasnt that simple, but I was going about 45-50 when he hit me in the rear, he was slamming on his brakes, then hit me, so he stopped. I had hit the gas to try to get away from him (to no avail). By the time I stopped, he was pretty far back (100 yards??). I sat in the car for a few seconds, the witnesses came out of their car very fast. I got out and he was at a 45 degree angle in the middle of both lanes. I surveyed my rear, turned around and he was gone. He went over the interchange margin back onto 10w.

I guess if I got out real fast and ran back I could have got his plates. To me, it appeared that their was smoke coming out of his truck, and he wasnt moving, just sitting in the road, I thought he was disabled. When I turned around, he was gone!! I have to check back with the CHP on Thursday to see if they found anything...

Old 06-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I hope he's in violation of the immigration law too if they ctach his a$$.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:39 PM
skc
^

haha, how come everyone assumes that hit and run drivers are all illegal?
everyone i talk to w/ hit and run claims, they always say the exact same thing.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by skc
^

haha, how come everyone assumes that hit and run drivers are all illegal?
everyone i talk to w/ hit and run claims, they always say the exact same thing.

Illegals don't have insurance because they can't.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:15 PM
skc
not all hit and runs are illegals.. some people just can't drive

some have mexican insurance, which absolutely sucks!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rear ended!