Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Stop the violence in K-town!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stop the violence in K-town!

Well it's obvious that I'm Korean. Anyhow....what's up these days with all the killings I hear about in Ktown (LA)? Killing happening at AAAA, stabbing death at either Blink or Champan Plaza. And just random stories about these young lil punk Korean kids. More than likely in high school trying to prove what???

From what I heard most or some of the stories go like this....
Young kid(s) (probably high school) may bump into someone older. The young kid looks at the old guy, someone like me. Of course at my age(27), we would be like "Oh sorry, my bad." And that's it right???? But it seems these young kids, are like WTF??? "WTF is your problem??" Of course someone at my age isn't going to take sh*t from a lil punk @ss kid who's probably under 21 in the first place or is in high school. So let's say I said "F" you, and "F" that or whatevers. So the kid thinks he's a bad@ss, and calls over his 10+ lil homie friends, and it's not even the old school one on one fights. They jump you, then stab you, and leave you for dead. As the story I heard about recently just from papers, etc. A 27 Korean guy was stabbed to death by some young Korean kids. Of course I don't know the full story behind what happened, but why must it lead to a stabbing or in this case....death?? Why not just duke it out old school with fists, and last man standing is the winner? This 27 guy just had a baby one week ago, and probably had a steady job, and was looking forward to raise his kid. WTF???? NOBODY DESERVES TO GO LIKE THAT!!!!

For a while it seemed that the old gang days were over (well especially in the Korean community in the S. Cal area).....but as far as I know all that "gang activity" was over when I graduated high school back in '97. And there were no stories of "gang activity" recently. And for some reason it seems to be coming back? Why? Koreans killing koreans??? Of course any person of any race killing another person is FLAT OUT WRONG! But hasn't anyone realized that after the riots in LA back in the mid 90's brought us Koreans closer together? And also the WHOLE 2002 Korean World Cup??? It gave us MUCH MORE pride in who we are as a Korean-American.

Anyone else feel this way in their culture while growing up in America?
Let's keep the peace!!!!!

Last edited by Soju; 07-19-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya thats why i scared to go to clubs in Ktown... my friends all want me to go... but i have a feeling i would get jacked for my G... one night after i left a PC place (this was like 5 years ago ... when i was playing CS) i heard a few hours later some kid got shot

Old 07-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by DaVeeD
ya thats why i scared to go to clubs in Ktown... my friends all want me to go... but i have a feeling i would get jacked for my G... one night after i left a PC place (this was like 5 years ago ... when i was playing CS) i heard a few hours later some kid got shot
Yeah, I used to go to Ktown alot to drink etc. But now.....not sure if I'll make it out alive....
It's these young lil punks. Let's go run them over with our G.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:50 AM
I myself have had a gun pointed in my face one time hanging out in SoCal.
Dip**** thought i was with one of his "enemies"
These assbags live in their own world.

Let them have K-Town.

I've been there, done that.
I've evolved myself out of the K-Town phase and the K-Clubs.

Let's say your walkin down the street.
You notice a pile of $hit in your way.
Sure, you COULD kick it out of ur way.
But then again, **** splatters and why get yourself dirty?
Don't touch it or kick it, just walk around it.

same goes for the a$$bags u come across ur daily life.

that is all,
DRU

Old 07-20-2006, 04:01 AM
L.A. korean teen = the worst

Last edited by k1mbo; 07-20-2006 at 04:14 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:06 AM
oh yeha speaking of the world cup you guys might have seen me @ the game.

* the guy with the cap on "O" on the chest

A sad day but had alot of fun. won a ball signed by the korean soccer team they said its worth alot

Old 07-20-2006, 05:19 AM
The gang days will never be over. It just seems like its over, cuz we've gotten older and out of that phase. But for the younger kids, who are still in that state of mind. Its there and still very active.

Where did this most recent event happen at?

Old 07-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by k1mbo
oh yeha speaking of the world cup you guys might have seen me @ the game.

* the guy with the cap on "O" on the chest

A sad day but had alot of fun. won a ball signed by the korean soccer team they said its worth alot
Hell yeah....DAE-HAN-MIN-GOOK FIGHTING!!!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by GReddySetGO
The gang days will never be over. It just seems like its over, cuz we've gotten older and out of that phase. But for the younger kids, who are still in that state of mind. Its there and still very active.

Where did this most recent event happen at?
Mostly in K-town

Old 07-20-2006, 02:18 PM
i heard about this too. his brother sent out an email for those that were inquiring about donations, etc. it's a really sad story...the guy was out celebrating the birth of his son and ends up getting stabbed to death. my heart goes out to his family

here is the link to the news story: http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_197155437.html

Old 07-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
All I gots to say is Karma's a bitch

Old 07-20-2006, 03:40 PM
During that stage of life, you have that "invincibility" factor. Being unaware of what could potentially happen if something goes wrong. The kids these days think they are superman. I agree with LjN_728... "what comes around goes around."

Old 07-20-2006, 03:43 PM
westsiiiide...

Old 07-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by misSxhuStLer
i heard about this too. his brother sent out an email for those that were inquiring about donations, etc. it's a really sad story...the guy was out celebrating the birth of his son and ends up getting stabbed to death. my heart goes out to his family

here is the link to the news story: http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_197155437.html
Dang, this story just get worse, and worse. =(

Old 07-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by TwinTurboZ
During that stage of life, you have that "invincibility" factor. Being unaware of what could potentially happen if something goes wrong. The kids these days think they are superman. I agree with LjN_728... "what comes around goes around."
True, I agree with karma and with "what goes around, comes around." But we don't know how this guy lived his life before. My point is that these senseless murders are getting out of hand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stop the violence in K-town!