Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

STUDENTS.... where do you study??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STUDENTS.... where do you study??

It's so hard to find good places to study during the summer. I cannot study at home cuz I always end up doing other things. Specifically I'm looking for spots around the 626 area.

I like going to PCC library, free internet, and its big, so its usually not too hard to find a spot, but they close kinda early, like 8pm. And they aren't even open at all on weekends.

Arcadia library is OK, but it gets too crowded with people that just chill there. Its hard to find a table to work at. They do have free internet also, and they close a little later, at 9pm. Not open on Sundays though.

Border in Pasadena on Lake is open late, until 11pm, but its hard to find parking on Lake. The parking structure is not lowered car friendly. You have to pay to use internet there.

Borders in Arcadia, I don't think they have tables to really work at. Only have some inside the coffee shop thing, but that place gets pretty packed too cuz its so small in there. And again, no free internet here either.

I also just remembered Alhambra library, they close 8-9pm on most days. Not open on Sunday either. Does anyone know if they have free internet here?

And lastly, places like Starbucks, Lollicup etc get too crowded and noisey to do any real studying there. I really try to hold these types of places off as an extreme last resort. At last most Lollicups have free internet also. Its nice to have the option to get food or drink too, but I don't want to feel obligated to spend $5+ everytime I have homework to do.

Are there any other good spots around my area that I failed to think about?

Old 08-01-2006, 01:03 AM
i was going to recommend gf's place.. but that ultimately leads to.. well.. nevermind

seriously best place is home in a diff room. I dunno for me i get distracted when theres a comp around.. i always wanna go online.. but looks like you need the internet for your work so i dunno

Old 08-01-2006, 02:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^+1 hahahahha...

i like to go to the starbucks on atlantic/garvey.. across the street from the BofA

it doesnt get crowded over there, thats why i like it. whenever i go at night, there is always a free table

Old 08-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
just dont study

that fixes everything!

well..maybe not that exam coming up next week..uh oh

Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by richie
i like to go to the starbucks on atlantic/garvey.. across the street from the BofA

Anything distinct about your G'? Maybe I've seen it while I'm there. Man can't believe they changed Smiley Face to Beard Papa. haha

Old 08-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
i try to go to mt sac's library when i can

Old 08-02-2006, 02:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LjN_728
Anything distinct about your G'? Maybe I've seen it while I'm there. Man can't believe they changed Smiley Face to Beard Papa. haha
LR 6MT w/ Termist wheels - I haven't been there in a while (since summer school started) You go there often? I'll probably be there more when Fall starts though.....

Trending Topics

Old 08-03-2006, 03:56 AM
haha dude danny saw you at school and at sg blvd at loli...

i go to tenju on rosemead and las tunas, the plaza where blockbuster, applebees(hate this place stole my shades), starbucks etc. is at.

It's an asian tea place owned by a couple of fob friends, nice ppl, and nice rides too. it's always a nice site to see (their cars that is) also internet is free, but it can get loud but then again what tea place isn't. Also if you have a part 3+ they'll make room for you, or try to atleast. For the prices of the teas, it's alright, kind of pricey, but eh it's tea. so yea. try that!

Old 08-03-2006, 04:56 AM
so uh.. drift.. can i study at your place at night?

Old 08-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by driftGT350
haha dude danny saw you at school and at sg blvd at loli...

i go to tenju on rosemead and las tunas, the plaza where blockbuster, applebees(hate this place stole my shades), starbucks etc. is at.

It's an asian tea place owned by a couple of fob friends, nice ppl, and nice rides too. it's always a nice site to see (their cars that is) also internet is free, but it can get loud but then again what tea place isn't. Also if you have a part 3+ they'll make room for you, or try to atleast. For the prices of the teas, it's alright, kind of pricey, but eh it's tea. so yea. try that!
Hahah yeah man, I been seeing you everywhere lately.

Yeah, I know where Tenju is, I been there before. I don't think I can study there, good chill spot though!

Old 08-03-2006, 09:51 PM
i studied my entire series 7 test at barnes & noble...maybe its different in jersey but it's a totally different atmosphere because everyone is trying to accomplish the same thing...get some work done. i spent a lot of money chugging coffees though

Old 08-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
so uh.. drift.. can i study at your place at night?

dude you're gonna do something, then i am gonna have to tell michelle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.