Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.
View Poll Results: What would you pay?
$20
53.70%
$25
18.52%
$30
9.26%
$40-$50
18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

How much would you pay for a party?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much would you pay for a party?

I just want to see how much would a G member would pay to go to a Site hosted party. The party will include food, music, and drinks...The funds will go back to the site for upkeep of the servers, funds for stickers, hats, and for future hosted events.
You have to realize that if you start a party someone has to pay for it upfront. If they have the site has reserves then they can pay for the next event. Once it gets bigger and bigger they will get sponsors and advertiser help pay. If you like the site help support it because someone has to pay the bills... That's why i'm a premier member...Thanks everyone in advance to take this poll...

Last edited by hai109; 12-24-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure why I chose 50 but oh well!

Old 12-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I posted $25, but i dont live in CALI. I think that is a very reasonable price though for a party if its going towards the server.....sorry if you wanted only locals

Old 12-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i also chose $25 but im not a local either

Old 12-24-2006, 11:36 PM
if i had a choice id pay nuttin, if i had to, id pay 20 tops

Old 12-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Lex
I chose $20 but that's only because that's the lowest possible choice. Personally, I think even $20 is too steep for any parties.
There are many clubs in socal that charges $20 or even less. Of course, people buy their own drinks, food, parking, etc. But what if someone doesn't want any food, or drinks? Just wants to go chill? They can buy their drinks own their own if they want any. I think that sounds more reasonable. I don't know what kind of party it is, but if there's going to be food, drinks, music, it sounds like some high school house party or something.
Now, if you're talking drinks as in alcohol, then I'll gladly pay $50 and drink all I want. You can screw the food. Don't need that.
If it's going towards servers, then I think a party is a bit weird. Someone goes to a party to.... party. Not support servers. If your reason for the high entrance fee is "It'll be used for servers.", it just sounds like an excuse to me.
Just be straight out. If you need to raise support for server, then start charging people to use the server. There are tons of people that aren't Premier Members. I'm not overpaying for a party because those people don't support the site. I already paid for premier membership. If we start supporting it that way, those people will continue to just freeload off while others overpay.
Anyways, that's just my opinion.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
25 is fine. just including food and drinks thats a steal.

Trending Topics

Old 12-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Shiet! If it's a good party, I would pay more than that (but having partied VIP style in Vegas my expectations would be pretty high if I am paying more than $50 ).

Old 12-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Premier Member

Yeah...I figure...Just getting some thoughts...

Old 12-27-2006, 12:07 AM
i fly low
it really depends. if youre going to a party that's being hosted with food, drinks, music, etc. yeah i'd pay 20, but no more than 20. but if youre hosting, that's a different story. if i want to get recognize for holding great parties, i'd throw down $400-$600 to host a party.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:41 PM
400-600 to host a party... for what 3 people :-) it cost a lootttttt of money to throw a proper party.

and hai... if you have not thrown a large party before, make sure you know what you are getting into.. . there are a lot of things to consider. It all depends on what kind of party and how many people you plan to host. Alcahol or non-alcahol. . . it can be a hard thing to make money from a party if you dotn know how.

im not speaking out of my a$$ either, i used to promote a-list parties in l.a. area.....

f

Old 12-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Premier Member

Thanks for the info...I know...I want getting some ideas...Just seeing what are good options to help raise money that's all not to make a profit...Well, not for my benefit that is...

Old 12-28-2006, 01:20 AM
i fly low
Originally Posted by filipm
400-600 to host a party... for what 3 people :-) it cost a lootttttt of money to throw a proper party.

and hai... if you have not thrown a large party before, make sure you know what you are getting into.. . there are a lot of things to consider. It all depends on what kind of party and how many people you plan to host. Alcahol or non-alcahol. . . it can be a hard thing to make money from a party if you dotn know how.

im not speaking out of my a$$ either, i used to promote a-list parties in l.a. area.....

f
i meant to pitch in...like dranks

Old 12-28-2006, 03:14 AM
Guys I think the idea is to find different ways to help out the site. Most all of the money would be put into the party, its not like we would be taking 50% of it toward the site, it would be a small percentage. We would not try to keep the site up for 6 months from one event. I dont like the idea of just charging people for the site, it should be free. If you want to make a donation, that avenue is already setup. I think people would feel better about paying for a party with food and drinks, and having a blast, then being forced to pay money just to use the site. The site will remain free.

For the Mile Square BBQ, everyone pitching in something, whether it was food, drinks or $$. There was no alcohol (cause of park regulations) but I thought $20 for all you could eat and drink was a good deal.

I really want to see this happen. I want to see it with all you can eat and drink (alcohol included). The rate really doesnt matter, in the end we will get what we pay for, just like everything else in life. The venue will dictate alot of what the price will be.

Keep coming with your ideas and suggestions!!

Old 12-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Premier Member

Well, said...^^^

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much would you pay for a party?