Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Heads Up Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 05:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Heads Up Info

Just heard about some shadiness going on at VRT. This came straight from one of VRT's own. Friday night meeting notes of interest. If you get the work done there...make sure they show you your old stuff and/or purchase what you want installed in hand prior to going there, and then have it installed. I hear that customers are not getting what they paid for. Example, cams, injectors, pistons, headwork...basicly said, paid for, but not installed. End result, customer rippoff! This is mainly the owner doing this, not the installers. Check on the shops before you decide on the shop. Its hard finding good mechanics, and S*#ty people end up giving good mechanics bad reps!!

Old 12-31-2006, 12:12 PM
drop a dime.....thats fraud$$$

Old 01-01-2007, 01:44 PM
well i'll back up VRT because i know mike the owner and hes not like that at all. he is always willing to show you everything installed and you can go visit the car to see whats going on. also if he "doesnt" install those things im sure you will know becuase head work, cams and pistons will change your car and its kinda hard to "not" install them and just say they did. he always goes on a test drive with the owner of the car to show the power that was changed. VRT is a great company and does a lot of great work thats why they are so popular. thats just my 2 cents. not trying to start anything.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Thats Cool, but when someone within the company breaks some news...then it makes you think??? It would be different if it came from just someone outside the shop.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I had a situation with VRT where there was a discrepancy with the rods, and gauges. They had installed Eagle rods during the first build. Also, the original build was blowing smoke out of the exhaust. The smoke did not stop even after the break-in period. There was some sort of oil consumption issue caused by a bad valve seal. I dropped the car off before Thanksgiving and VRT pulled out the motor and completed the re-build with Pauter rods, Defi gauges, and I upgraded to the JWT Revup cams and valve springs. So far I have close to 2,000 miles on the new motor and zero problems. VRT & JWT will be tuning the car next week, and I’ll post updated dyno numbers in the FI forum. If any VRT customers have any issues, I suggest you address them directly to Mike. The guys at VRT will make sure that you’re satisfied.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Thats good to hear...Sounds like that conversation I heard may have been bogus.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Exclamation Vrt ????

Hey just wanted to let everyone know that my friends in San Diego have notified me that VRT no longer has their good mechanic that Jim Wolf trusts and one other member of the staff. I guess they have started their own shop. I figured that once you find a good reputable shop and are happy with their service you should stick with them. Just keep your wits about you, and do some research prior to dedicating so much funds into you car. I hate seeing someone get Screwed over! Take care and good shopping.

Trending Topics

Old 03-20-2007, 02:00 AM
lol @ this thread!

makes no sense a noob posting something like this.. makes you wonder if he's a competitor of VRT..

Old 03-20-2007, 02:29 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by WaLLy
lol @ this thread!

makes no sense a noob posting something like this.. makes you wonder if he's a competitor of VRT..

^^^^+++100000001 LOL hahahaha

Old 03-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by WaLLy
lol @ this thread!

Originally Posted by nghiars
^^^^+++100000001 LOL hahahaha
scott and his partner have parted their ways from vrt to start new and better things. i don't want to comment on why they left vrt, as i have no factual information (and don't want to spread false info) on why nor is it my place to explain why even if i did know. all i know is that scott has been a straight up good guy whom i have yet to hear a single negative comment on from his customers. i wish him and his parter the best of luck in their new venture towards success! i hope to see great things in the near future, scott!

--------ATTENTION-------- As some of you guys know already, My name is Scott. I have been with VRT since its inseption in 2003. I have since disolved that partnership to expand and grow into other markets. Mark Brent (the main tuner and engine builder) and I, have left there to pursue our own company. This change is a good move for us, now we are better able to get what we need to get done, within a more acomidating time frame and with the same quality work that we where doing at VRT. Mark is pretty much the reason for the great quality of workmanship that our builds at VRT are known for, and I have been known for my great customer support, working with some of the best part manufacturers in the industry developeing products, using my extensive racing background to test cars and for product developement, and in generall configuring & implamenting the builds for some of the fastest daily driven, track tested & dyno proven cars in the country. I am looking forward to continue to build even better cars in the future. We are expanding into some different markets other than the 350Z & G35, although they will be our main focus. We are now bringing on Porsche's, BMW's, EVO's, STI's, Supra's, and Scion Tc's to name a few. If you have any questions feel free to call me directly...... Thanks alot, --Scott (619) 654-3585

Last edited by Calvin; 03-20-2007 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Say what you want...

I just have friends down there and I don't like seeing any of them getting taken for some hard earned money. Be my guest and just throw your cash away. Just trying to give some thought to the potential buyers out there. I don't have a shop. I do installs and am a damn good mechanic. You'd know what I mean if some jack#ss gets a wild hair when working on your car and does something wrong, or does not tell you about some damage he created or down the road causes you to have some serious issues. Its cool,,,I dont think that my input gets through to you guys. But hey, I'm man enough to admit my mistakes to my customers in Japan.