Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

MY G clipped by lane splitting Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 03:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY G clipped by lane splitting Motorcycle

On the way to San Mateo from San Diego I got hit by a motorcycle who was lane splitting on the 405 Fwy. I was at a dead stop when I hear a loud thud, scrap, bang. I look over to see him bounce off and almost fall over. He regained his balance and KEPT GOING!!!!! Due to the inability to move I was unable to even see his tiny licecne plate. All I could do was watch him drive away. I honked and the couple of folks around moved to let me try and catch up, but I was only able to move about 15 feet. The bike was more that 40 yards away before I could see him again. I called the police and they told me to exit the fwy and meet a HWY Patrol Officer and make a report. So 1 hour later the cop shows up, that was enough time for the bike to get to Oxnard.
Damage was done to the door and my Ings +1 fender. Luckily the fender only needs to be repainted. I'll need a new mirror though. Maybe I'll just get the Top Secret ones instead. Took out a small chuck of my less that 24hr old tires. Wasn't enough to slash it completely, but some scrapes were put onto my Wald Rims.
I'll have to pay my deductable, which kinda sucks, but I'm going to try to make some good out of it. Could have been worse.
I hate lane splitting bikes. I knew this kind of **** would happen one day. ****ing bikes. ****ing people who hit and run, I hope he dies.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:59 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by HYBRID ITR43
On the way to San Mateo from San Diego I got hit by a motorcycle who was lane splitting on the 405 Fwy. I was at a dead stop when I hear a loud thud, scrap, bang. I look over to see him bounce off and almost fall over. He regained his balance and KEPT GOING!!!!! Due to the inability to move I was unable to even see his tiny licecne plate. All I could do was watch him drive away. I honked and the couple of folks around moved to let me try and catch up, but I was only able to move about 15 feet. The bike was more that 40 yards away before I could see him again. I called the police and they told me to exit the fwy and meet a HWY Patrol Officer and make a report. So 1 hour later the cop shows up, that was enough time for the bike to get to Oxnard.
Damage was done to the door and my Ings +1 fender. Luckily the fender only needs to be repainted. I'll need a new mirror though. Maybe I'll just get the Top Secret ones instead. Took out a small chuck of my less that 24hr old tires. Wasn't enough to slash it completely, but some scrapes were put onto my Wald Rims.
I'll have to pay my deductable, which kinda sucks, but I'm going to try to make some good out of it. Could have been worse.
I hate lane splitting bikes. I knew this kind of **** would happen one day. ****ing bikes. ****ing people who hit and run, I hope he dies.

that hella sucks scott. i swear i saw you going down from spring canyon road after the meet...that was your G going down it right to get to scripps poway. sorry to hear what happened. did you still go to the show or was this after?

Old 03-13-2007, 04:07 AM
haha, that was me. I thought that was you comming from Mira Mesa.

This happened Friday morning @ 7:30 on the 405 North around Culver City, on the way to the show in SM.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sucks... but not everyone who rides and splits lanes is an *** like that... i use to ride til my homie wrecked my bike and i admit i split lanes alot... sometimes 100+ but i was always careful (well as careful as you can be) i hate dumb a$$ bikers but as i said we are not all dumb a$$es... if your in SD take it to SDCS and talk to JC he can fix it and will probably waive your deduct and help you out with some goodies.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:59 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
what?!?! that little b!tch scratched the rims and took a chunk out of the tires that i just mounted??? I'll kill the fukcer!

sorry to hear about the mishap Scott, hopefully you get it all worked out.
-GP-

Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 PM
oh yeah you guys might wanna watch out too... cuz when i use to ride i carried spark plugs... so dont try to take your aggressions out on a biker... they can bust your windshield and you wont have a chance of catching them... just FYI

Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
wow cant believe he just took off like that...

Old 03-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by abunai
oh yeah you guys might wanna watch out too... cuz when i use to ride i carried spark plugs... so dont try to take your aggressions out on a biker... they can bust your windshield and you wont have a chance of catching them... just FYI

You freakin serious? HAHHAA OH SNAPS...

Old 03-13-2007, 04:41 PM
yeah for real... you get alot of ********* out there who like to cut off bikes or make those stupid swerves towards us... so my friends and I use to carry spark plugs and throw em at peoples windshields to get back at em... i never had to do it... but other people i know...

Old 03-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I agree.. don't know what happened to make the guy hit you, maybe he was a newbie at splittin' lanes, or maybe someone got pissed and swerved at him causing him to almost lose it.. although he should have stopped regardless! Not all of us lane splitter's are *&^%, but I know a fair share of *&^% in cars who have tried to open doors or stick an arm out the window.. never used a spark plug, but carried a handful of bee-bee's occasionally. Sorry to hear about it though.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Sorry to hear about your ride man. Well whether you believe in God or karma, either way **** runs down hill. He'll get what's comin to him eventually.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:44 PM
kia
i ride a G and a motorcycle... and i say learn how to drive and stay in the center of the lane next time!!! LOL its yur fault, not his... lane-splitting is LEGAL for motorcycles... i actually feel bad for the guy cause he scraped up his bike.....

Old 03-18-2007, 03:51 PM
VROOM VROOMM

Old 03-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by kia
i ride a G and a motorcycle... and i say learn how to drive and stay in the center of the lane next time!!! LOL its yur fault, not his... lane-splitting is LEGAL for motorcycles... i actually feel bad for the guy cause he scraped up his bike.....
Hey dambarss, Hit and run is illegal!

Old 03-18-2007, 04:35 PM
kia
Originally Posted by g35cas
Hey dambarss, Hit and run is illegal!
...not when you're on a motorcycle with no plates

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY G clipped by lane splitting Motorcycle