Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

MY G clipped by lane splitting Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well becuase alot of motorcycle people are going to check this thread whats a good starting bike, im thinking about buying my first, i really like the kawaski nina zx6r, what would you guys suggest?

Old 03-18-2007, 06:15 PM
kia
get a nice used one for like $5500 so when you wreck you wont be pissed... have full coverage insurance too just in case it gets wrecked or stolen... my $0.02
ninja's are for girls, get a gixxer or an r6!

Old 03-18-2007, 07:37 PM
my freind has a r6..those are really nice!....sorry bout ur hit and run...hope he dies too haha

Old 03-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nah if its your first bike just find a reasonably priced 600 learn to ride it properly then when you actually know how to ride move up to your bike of choice... 5500 seems kinda steep for a learner bike i would look into the 3-3500 range...

Old 03-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by kia
i ride a G and a motorcycle... and i say learn how to drive and stay in the center of the lane next time!!! LOL its yur fault, not his... lane-splitting is LEGAL for motorcycles... i actually feel bad for the guy cause he scraped up his bike.....
I know that **** is legal. I was at a dead stop and was at least in the center, if anything I was further away. I am fully aware of lane splitters, he was not the only one doing it. Several bikes made it past just fine, and so did 3 others right after this guy hit me.

Even if I was blocking the lane, hitting me is not an option. It would still be his fault. This was the word of the Motorcycle CHP Officers. BTW, Hit and run is a felony. Besides if it was my fault, why wouldn't they guy stop and get my insurance? Cuz he knows he was at fault, why else would you run?

Your attitude is unconscionable, I hope you and this guy die on your bike. LOL! Sorry if that seems harsh, but when you say **** like that and you were not there, then you get treated just the same.

Last edited by HYBRID ITR43; 03-19-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:08 PM
imma stay out of this one since i see both sides... but IMHO the bike was at fault this time unless he swerved at him which i doubt...

Old 03-19-2007, 04:23 PM
^ haha me too...i lane split also!
Hey what's wrong with Ninjas?! A good starter bike is a Ninja 250! haha. Tell me that bike isn't the ****. I never knew about the spark plug thing, maybe i should start carrying them too? How do you guys carry them with you....in your pockets?

Old 03-19-2007, 06:13 PM
yeah i would just keep em in my pocket... same as my friends... mine usually stayed... theirs... not so much. a Ninja 250 is actually a very good starter bike as long as nobody see's you riding it... lol...

Old 03-20-2007, 01:17 PM
kia
i think the rear on a ninja 250R is like 130 or something... LOL a tad bit bigger than my fronts... dont buy it, its a waste of money, as i said earlier, get an old 600cc bike and learn on that one... then if you want, get a brand new one, or move up to a 750 or a litre bike... 250R is a waste of money and a waste of time! youll get sick of it and your friends will make fun of you!!! its only good for commuting to and from school, if you're a girl! lol

...i once popped a quick wheelie while i was lane-splitting! HAHAHAHA scared the **** out of the cagers around me...

Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yea lane splitting is legal but push come to shove, it's not my *** that's spattered all over the highway.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:57 PM
ive split lanes at 100+... the only time i ever got hit is when i was on regular streets and i got rear ended by a lincoln continental... if i had split the lane i wouldnt have gotten hit... and lane splitting is legal but you can exceed i think 10mph over... i asked my traffic school guy before... i have traffic school again so ill ask again... lol

Old 03-20-2007, 11:27 PM
kia, you starting ish here again!! I am going to run you over myself!! but i wouldn't cause it would f up my ride.

Sorry Hybrid, I know how it feels, I finally fixed my hit and run on the freeway about 3 weeks ago. I got stuck with the deductable cause I couldnt get the license plate #.

I try to always move to the left when I see a bike, even if they have tons of room, you never know when some idiot is going to do something like what happened to you. Be assurred most bikers are going to crash, just ask Kia!

Old 03-21-2007, 02:07 AM
yeah alot of us appreciate it when you move over even if we have plenty of room those that dont move over got to hear my muffler... and that **** was loud or they got a nice lil tap on there car as i went by...

Old 03-21-2007, 03:39 AM
sorry to hear about that bro...i'm a rider and lane splitter as well, but don't generalize us. don't worry...karma is a bitvh so he'll get his turn. for me, if i have no room, i don't split. but when i drive, i give extra room to the biker now just out of courtesy, but that guy just sounds like a dumba$$ squid.

for the bike suggestions.i suggest u go for a 600cc or under and take the msf course. i suggest a used bike as you will drop it (just a matter of time) and you would feel less bad dropping a used bike than a new bike. after a yr or so of refining your skills, then you can get a newer bike that you like (not necessarily bigger).

i went from a honda f4, then yammy r1, then now i'm back down to a gixxer 750.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:36 AM
mrb
It could have been a soccer mom in a big SUV changing lanes improperly and caused the same thing, you'd be yelling about soccer moms in their oversized SUV's.
The problem isn't the bike, it's the dipsh1t riding it. Stupid people do stupid **** like this, it ain't the bike's fault, or the fact that you can lane split in California.
I ride, and anyone that runs after causing damage is a POS.

Please don't hate bikes or lane splitting dude. And I damn sure wouldn't want you or anyone else to retaliate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY G clipped by lane splitting Motorcycle