Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Exhaust cutouts - What brand? Where installed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exhaust cutouts - What brand? Where installed?

We'll I no longer have my G and now that I have my new ride, I'm interested in letting my 6.1L HEMI be heard when I want it to be. Thus the reason from this thread.

I'm looking into getting electric exhaust cutouts. I know a couple guys here on the baords had it done to their G with good results. Was wondering what brand of cutouts you went with and most importantly where did you have it done? I would hate to purchase a nice set of cutouts and then have some random muffler/pipe shop do the install for their very first time. Any help for a fellow G owner would be appreciated.

The reason why this is in the So Cal. section is obviously because I would need the location for the install to be local to So Cal.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Old 02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wat's a cutout?

Old 02-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
i'd definitely go with dmhperformance's e-cutouts.

socalted has two and i used to have one. his are in his ypipe and mine was in the midpipe.

speedway muffler will be able to take care of you. they did socalted's and did a very clean job.

oh, silverbolt also has the dmhperformance cutout. i recommended it to him and he has loved it ever since. he too got it installed at speedway muffler. i believe speedway muffler is off the nogales/nogalas (spelling?) exit off the 60 fwy.

search socalted's threads. he did a complete write up with pictures of installation and all.

good luck! you LOVE the e-cutout! i really miss mine...but i love your hks, too

Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by VQ35DEJ
wat's a cutout?
it's an old trick. basically depending on where you put it...you can be running an open exhaust. say if you were to put it on your midpipe...you would be bypassing your muffler. this creates a really loud rumble...sounds mean as hell!

Old 02-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
i'd definitely go with dmhperformance's e-cutouts.

socalted has two and i used to have one. his are in his ypipe and mine was in the midpipe.

speedway muffler will be able to take care of you. they did socalted's and did a very clean job.

oh, silverbolt also has the dmhperformance cutout. i recommended it to him and he has loved it ever since. he too got it installed at speedway muffler. i believe speedway muffler is off the nogales/nogalas (spelling?) exit off the 60 fwy.

search socalted's threads. he did a complete write up with pictures of installation and all.

good luck! you LOVE the e-cutout! i really miss mine...but i love your hks, too

I've been looking at the dmh performance cutouts but I just wanted a reference where people had there's installed. I'll give Speedway muffler a call and see what they can do for me. Thanks bro!

Old 02-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by VQ35DEJ
wat's a cutout?
a quick search for a reference thread for ya...

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...xhaust+cutouts

Old 02-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
yea cal i remember when you had e-cut out and hfc...jesus christ that **** was ****ing loud as hell...omg...it was like whoa...

Old 02-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya i have a dmh cutout too.. highly reccomend it sounds mean as hell and there not too expensive either

Old 02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by SWATSON
I've been looking at the dmh performance cutouts but I just wanted a reference where people had there's installed. I'll give Speedway muffler a call and see what they can do for me. Thanks bro!
yeh, no problem. any muffler shop should be able to do it though. but id go to speedway muffler since they have done this exact mod at least twice.

basically, any place that can weld will be able to do this. the dmh ecutout is a great piece. youll love it.

good luck with the new car man!

Old 02-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
yeh, no problem. any muffler shop should be able to do it though. but id go to speedway muffler since they have done this exact mod at least twice.

basically, any place that can weld will be able to do this. the dmh ecutout is a great piece. youll love it.

good luck with the new car man!
Thanks bro.. I'm enjoying every second of the car. Different from the G, but nonetheless, very fun.. thanks again.