Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Stereo Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007 | 02:03 PM
|
Stereo Shop

I finally have all the components I need to put my CARPUTER together. I stopped by a couple local shops here in the 626 and none of them want to touch it. lol So does anyone have any suggestions on where I can go to get this sucker installed? Looking for a good place that has done an install like this before, or something similar. Hoping you guys can suggest a couple shops in the 626 or 909 areas. If you got any recommendations for places outside of these two areas, I'll them too! Unless any of you So Cal guys wanna come down help me out and make some money.

Old 04-02-2007 | 02:15 PM
Overglorified Altima
did you try audio innovations?

Old 04-02-2007 | 03:44 PM
Try All star auto sound in Long Beach. I had my double DIN installed there a couple months ago and they do great work!

Old 04-02-2007 | 03:57 PM
competition soundworks in artesia, give them a call as well.

Old 04-02-2007 | 03:57 PM
What exactly are you trying to get done? Have you already installed the software? I did my install over a year ago, but I can give you pointers if that's all you need.

Old 04-02-2007 | 04:07 PM
|
Originally Posted by nm3th
What exactly are you trying to get done? Have you already installed the software? I did my install over a year ago, but I can give you pointers if that's all you need.
Need just the install off the wiring and what not. All the software is already installed. Bought it from someone who was previously a member on this board.

Shoot! ... So nothing local huh guys? lol Whats an install like this cost and what kind of install time am I looking at?

Old 04-02-2007 | 04:15 PM
I'm in Orange County, but I don't have too much free time right now.

As for install time, if you plan out everything beforehand, you should be able to do it in a day. I took my time and I fabricated custom mounts during the install, so it took me about 4 days split around a couple of weekends. If you've worked with electronics before and/or good with you hands, you can do this yourself. Like I said, I can give you hints and pointers, but most likely common stereo shops will not want to touch this because they are not use to it. You can also check out the forums on www.mp3car.com

Old 04-02-2007 | 04:24 PM
|
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
did you try audio innovations?
Where are they located?

Old 04-02-2007 | 05:55 PM
the hardest part is the bezel for the monitor if you got that part my friend can do the install on the wires.. dont know how much he'll charge you but i'll give you his number if you want.. he's done carputer installs on a couple of cars.. 300c, ml350,bmw 330ci etc..

Old 04-02-2007 | 05:57 PM
|
Originally Posted by Fiveseven
the hardest part is the bezel for the monitor if you got that part my friend can do the install on the wires.. dont know how much he'll charge you but i'll give you his number if you want.. he's done carputer installs on a couple of cars.. 300c, ml350,bmw 330ci etc..
PM it to me bro! Thanx

Old 04-02-2007 | 09:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by FLiP22
Where are they located?
in glendora...lol

on route66

Old 04-02-2007 | 10:54 PM
|
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
in glendora...lol

on route66

Is that the one across the street from H&H Liquor or the near the Wherehouse Video/CD place? lol Last time I went to a spot in G~Town, the guy told me $200 to install an amp and Sub even when I provided everything. LoL That was the last time I checked any spot down hur!!! hahaha Let me know which one. The place you are talkin about... you think they might do this?

Old 04-02-2007 | 11:01 PM
|
Originally Posted by nm3th
I'm in Orange County, but I don't have too much free time right now.

As for install time, if you plan out everything beforehand, you should be able to do it in a day. I took my time and I fabricated custom mounts during the install, so it took me about 4 days split around a couple of weekends. If you've worked with electronics before and/or good with you hands, you can do this yourself. Like I said, I can give you hints and pointers, but most likely common stereo shops will not want to touch this because they are not use to it. You can also check out the forums on www.mp3car.com
Not really good with that kinda stuff. You think you might wanna tackle this install? lol Got any pix of your setup? To be honest, I probably would trust another G owner more then I would a stereo shop who just wants your $$$. I've been on MP3Car.com Shiet seems way too complicated for me to even try. lol Got a queston for u tho. Do you think it would be better to run a Xenarc TS from the 03/04 Double din kit or the cubby housing MP3car sells? Would it be hard to mold the screen to the Doubledin kit?

All your help is appreciated guys! THANX!

Old 04-02-2007 | 11:54 PM
Overglorified Altima
Is that the one across the street from H&H Liquor or the near the Wherehouse Video/CD place? lol Last time I went to a spot in G~Town, the guy told me $200 to install an amp and Sub even when I provided everything. LoL That was the last time I checked any spot down hur!!! hahaha Let me know which one. The place you are talkin about... you think they might do this?
where is h&h liquor? lol

http://www.audioinnovations.tv/

Old 04-03-2007 | 10:10 AM
Not really good with that kinda stuff. You think you might wanna tackle this install? lol Got any pix of your setup? To be honest, I probably would trust another G owner more then I would a stereo shop who just wants your $$$. I've been on MP3Car.com Shiet seems way too complicated for me to even try. lol Got a queston for u tho. Do you think it would be better to run a Xenarc TS from the 03/04 Double din kit or the cubby housing MP3car sells? Would it be hard to mold the screen to the Doubledin kit?

All your help is appreciated guys! THANX!
Yeah, I don't really trust anyone with my car, so I do all my own work. I've had my car for over 16 months now and it has never seen the dealership after I took it off the lot. I've installed all my own mods from lowering it to BBK. If you are willing to learn, I'll gladly give you some pointers. I just can't commit to actually installing it because I just don't have the time. You should try to talk to guys like caelric, amthar and others on the carpc sub-forum on here. They can also be of great help.

As for the screen, I used a 05/06 cubby mount and kept my stock HU. In the future, I might add an aftermarket DD unit. In terms of fabricating/molding the screen, I have no experience with this so I can't really comment. The only complaint I have with the xenarc ts is that the glare during the day makes the screen pratically unreadable. But I'm pretty sure that it will still have the same flaw in either mounting location. I did slightly modify my screen to point a little bit down to try to cut the glare.

I'll try to get some pics, but I don't have a digital camera right now. If you're interested in seeing it in person, come out to the socal bbq bash later this month https://g35driver.com/forums/socal-meetings-events/143582-2nd-bi-annual-big-bbq-bash-april-21st-sign-up-here.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stereo Shop